Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post your most expensive/rarest coin here!

Well... I'm a YN so I don't have any SUPER expensive coins at this point, but, this is probably my "rarest" and definitely most expensive... $50

Comments

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Peace Dollar series is one of my favorites! You have good taste. Keep it up. Always liked encouraging YN's.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Do you want my alarm code also? >:)

Would be funnier if someone didn't say the same thing on CT... But since you mentioned it... ;)

It is the obvious joke...

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Do you want my alarm code also? >:)

Yes and your SDB key as well.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lazybones said:
    My rarest, most expensive coin is my 1988 Lincoln cent that I found at the vacuum cleaners at the local car wash. I keep it in a vault in my basement guarded by twelve pit bulls, an alarm system, and several automatic weapons on sensors to fire in the event of a security breach...so don't get any bright ideas... :#

You sure it wasn't a 1982?

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

UrbanDecay04-

Are the coins you listed "with grades" on your spreadsheet slabbed coins or just "your" estimate grades?

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually my rarest and most expensive coin is not that rare or expensive, however it is a triple die 1964 Kennedy Half that my Dad gave me in 1964 when I was 5 years old..........he also gave my 3 older brothers one......he said to us that night he gave them to us,,,,,,,,,save this, it might be worth some money someday..............I don't5 have a picture and I apologize for that as it's tucked away somewhere.

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options

OldEastside-

Can you find that triple die 1964 Kennedy and post it on a thread?

• Options

I like the die crack on that 37!

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    This one might be my rarest. I'd have to give it some thought. It's considerably rarer than the 16/16 I posted earlier.

Dang that is a beast.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! There's almost certainly fewer than 35 of these known in all grades. Most are in Mint state.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually not 100% sure that it is an abraded die variety. The enormity of the multiple clashes could account for the severely attenuated front leg. It could also be a combination of the two. Whatever, it's a highly collectable variety.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice coins!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file