Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post your most expensive/rarest coin here!

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken
  • Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ppp said:
    I posted this coin earlier this year after I got it back from pcgs. It happens to be both my rarest and most expensive.

Wait a minute, did you say "you" submitted it? Can I ask how/where you acquired it?

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 8:41AM

It's a bit like asking to post your 401k balance, so the collectors with $100k or $1m coins are not likely posting them in this thread :)

This is my rarest, but not most expensive coin: mintage 1000 (marks are on the case - the surfaces are a mirror)

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@USSID17 said:
    UrbanDecay04-

Are the coins you listed "with grades" on your spreadsheet slabbed coins or just "your" estimate grades?

My grade estimates... about half of them are wrong... Still getting everything figured out... Been working for a while

You will be a dealer in no time.

Your coin... your grade

B)

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭

Ussid17 in February 3rd, 2021 I posted “ Value of 1968d penny stuck on silver dime planchet” also this coin was mentioned in the monthly edition of April 2021 coin world.

Yes, I submitted the coin to pcgs and I purchased the coin from a gentlemen and his son who had owned it since 1969.

• Options

@Ppp said:
    Ussid17 in February 3rd, 2021 I posted “ Value of 1968d penny stuck on silver dime planchet” also this coin was mentioned in the monthly edition of April 2021 coin world.

Yes, I submitted the coin to pcgs and I purchased the coin from a gentlemen and his son who had owned it since 1969.

Thanks for that feedback........great story!!

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lazybones said:

@HashTag said:

@Lazybones said:

@CoinHoarder said:
    And this coin is the most I ever spent for a coin, in 2011 it cost me $1,750.00:

I remember $40 Saints.

Excuse me sir but, just how old are you? LOL

Old enough to remember $40 Saints.

I wish I was alive during that time. $40 saints sound like a collectors dream

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Do you want my alarm code also? >:)

and your address...

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    This one might be my rarest. I'd have to give it some thought. It's considerably rarer than the 16/16 I posted earlier.

is that a proof? Or whats so rare about it?

• Options
    scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalifornianKing said:

I believe that is a 1913 Type 1 3-1/2 Legs FS-901 (FS-014.85) variety.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 8:58PM

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:
    This one might be my rarest. I'd have to give it some thought. It's considerably rarer than the 16/16 I posted earlier.

Right you are, scotty 4449. It's the 3 1/2 legged variety. Note how the lower right front leg is virtually missing. There's probably fewer than 35 known in all grades.

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    I cherried this MS64 back in 2005 for $215 and later sold it for over 10 grand. Another MS64 sold for just over $20,000 a couple of years before the one I sold. Mine didn't do that well but I was still happy!

• Options

@scotty4449 said:

@CalifornianKing said:

I believe that is a 1913 Type 1 3-1/2 Legs FS-901 (FS-014.85) variety.

ah makes sense

• Options

@koynekwest said:

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:

Right you are, scotty 4449. It's the 3 1/2 legged variety. Note how the lower right front leg is virtually missing. There's probably fewer than 35 known in all grades.

Is it a proof 3 1/2 leg?

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:

Is it a proof 3 1/2 leg?

Not a proof

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    Here’s one of my favorites

That is honestly one of my favorite Buffs..

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 12:41PM

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:

@CalifornianKing said:

@koynekwest said:

Is it a proof 3 1/2 leg?

No such thing. Except in very rare cases if a proof die clashes that die is retired from striking proofs.

Here is a rare exception-

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...like number 33 baby!...that’s the most likes I have ever seen for a business strike ‘22 Peace, congrats ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file