Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I dismissed this 1973-D Kennedy as MD... Sure looks a heck of a lot like 1974-D DDR-001

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just put it in a flip and took a 2nd look on VarietyVista to notice it sure looks a lot like the 1974-D DDR001 - http://www.varietyvista.com/12 Kennedy Halves/DDR Detail Pages/1974DDDR001.htm

There isn't one listed for this 1973 D

From Variety Vista...
the 1974-D DDR001

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• Options
    JFK_CollectorJFK_Collector Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Your coin is only showing machine doubling. The coin screen shot from Variety Vista is both machine doubling and a DDR.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Stage B pictured in the Variety Vista ebook is much more indicative of the variety, as the machine doubling is gone (the reverse die is tightened.) It's classified as a Class II + VI, and it's a very minor doubled die.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2021 1:43AM

I'm going to throw a couple of words out, that I. and a few others, have been using pretty much lately. "Wishful Thinking". Lol. I've been doing a lot of that recently. :D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like machine doubling... at least in all the pictures in the OP.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    I'm going to throw a couple of words out, that I. and a few others, have been using pretty much lately. "Wishful Thinking". Lol. I've been doing a lot of that recently. :D

I always temper the wishful thinking :smiley: It only takes about 4 decades lol.
    In this case it was taking a final look at it a couple hours past my bed time :blush::wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

MD

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file