Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Giveaway for my 8000th...TOTAL and WINNERS announced!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 23, 2021 12:49AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Ok guy's, here are the rules. My 8000 post hasn't occurred yet but swiftly approaching. You could start guessing NOW. When the 8000 post does hit, this is when the game is over. The guesses will stop. I will quickly post when it does. I already took a picture (where else but inside my car. Lol.) Of the odometer showing the miles recorded. You guys have to guess how many miles I have on my 2020 Ford Fusion. MY DARK ROOM. Where I take most of my photos. I get a chuckle how you all make fun out of me doing this. Lol.
There are two prizes. Both raw coins. One is the 1942d over Horizontal d Jefferson nickel. About a Fine to VF. The other is a Tallgrass Prairie W / V75 Quarter. About a MS 63-66?

The one with the closest guess will choose which coin they want. The second closest will receive the other. Now, the closest, over or under. If there is a tie, I will flip a coin or if more than two winners, I will draw out of a hat. If someone should happen to guess EXACTLY! They will win both. The second person will receive another W Quarter. Finally, as always, one guess per person and NO EDITS. Good Luck dudes! Thanks for participating and truly being so supportive of me and being coin friends. Oh. Since you guys like my "dark room" (car) so much, here are some of my pictures I took in the past. You can continue to poke fun of me about me in my car. It humors me. :D Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like you Dark room. I’ll guess 15,235

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx for the contest.

Let's see back and forth to the bank, coin shop, and Starbucks...

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess 14,629. Thanks!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess will be 13,383 miles. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr_Spud

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks and keep the photo's coming, you will be at 10,000 posts in no time

• Options
    WDHWDH Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess 615 miles because you only use it for going to Starbucks... and for photographing coins. Also because I don't need either of the prizes. :)

Thanks for the contest and congrats (in advance) on 8000 posts.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

17,777 Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭

(Brady) + (7 SB Wins) + (Gronk)

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! I'll go with 12,345

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Let's see...almost 8000 posts from your car ÷ by 25 rolls per trip × 40 quarters per roll + 8 W finds a day - 1/2 cup of coffee per hour² ≈ 15 lbs per box of quarters √ E=mc² to ∞ and beyond + MS66 ∑ |x-y| = 19,868

That's funny dude! Love your calculations. Wanna be my accountant? :D

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

And Thanks You.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:
    Let's see...almost 8000 posts from your car ÷ by 25 rolls per trip × 40 quarters per roll + 8 W finds a day - 1/2 cup of coffee per hour² ≈ 15 lbs per box of quarters √ E=mc² to ∞ and beyond + MS66 ∑ |x-y| = 19,868

That's funny dude! Love your calculations. Wanna be my accountant? :D

Thanks! Sure I will.
    ...By the way.... You are definitely going to get audited for this year's taxes :wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey! First my guess is 18,888

I had a 2017 Ford Fusion for a company car and I loved it! I knew your interior looked familiar!

Thank you for your entertaining posts and for being a fellow W quarter collector. Congratulations on reaching your soon to be 8,000 post.🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Congrats! I'll guess 29,250. Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

1852 Miles, and Thanks for the opportunity!

• Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    1. Early congrats for 8000 posts.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2021 12:15PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Joey! First my guess is 18,888

I had a 2017 Ford Fusion for a company car and I loved it! I knew your interior looked familiar!

Thank you for your entertaining posts and for being a fellow W quarter collector. Congratulations on reaching your soon to be 8,000 post.🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎

Thanks. Yeah, my Fusion is a great car. Love it. Love all the "bells and whistles ". Benefits of having a NEW car. My particular car is a 4 cylinder that can be boosted to a 6 cylinder. I have the Ego boost. What's really fascinating is, I personally don't attempt this, is what the speedometer reads. 160 MPH. What? On a 4 cylinder? Lol. I am now officially a "Ford Man". Esp. because of the fact I work for them. :D
    Oh, forget to mention it's equipped with a great interior for picture taking as well. :D

• Options

Thanks guy's for all the guesses. Some of you are REALLY close in the total! Wow. I'm impressed. ;)

• Options

COUNTER:

Just 62 more posts. :D

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

The question is ... do you have more posts or more miles...?

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Decided to Wash Her

Cleaning the photo mobile. Lol

Results after dipping her.

Almost took a picture of the odometer. Lol

Maybe for my 9000th, I'll giveaway my car? NOT. Lol

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Decided to Wash Her

Cleaning the photo mobile. Lol

Almost took a picture of the odometer. Lol

Maybe for my 9000th, I'll giveaway my car? NOT. Lol

I thought for sure there was going to be a photo of a Hot Wheels sitting in Acetone :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭

23,457 thanks!!

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 6:03PM

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

5.830 Thanks

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown, ElmerFusterpuck

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once we know the total mileage we’ll be able to triangulate your home based on the distance from Starbucks, work, church and the coin shop.
    Satellites are moving into position!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

27,000 on your darkroom. You cleaned your car??? Are you crazy? You're only supposed to handle it by the edges, never clean it, and keep it in a garage!!!!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy a 2020 model in late 2019 but you work for the company so you may have gotten it earlier. However, 2020 didn’t see a lot of miles with the lockdowns. And you may have a cushy job that you live close too. Plus I’m guessing you took the picture of the mileage because of the number and then thought about the giveaway later so it’s a rounded rather than random number. Throw in the Christian Rock band Stryper.

• Options

Throw in the Christian Rock band Stryper.

Lol. Stryker is ok but "Third Day and Casting Crowns" are a whole lot BETTER. Along with "For King and Country". Lol. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Throw in the Christian Rock band Stryper.

Lol. Stryker is ok but "Third Day and Casting Crowns" are a whole lot BETTER. Along with "For King and Country". Lol. ;)

It’s been a few years since I listened to that record, I was close though - maybe it was the striped leotards, lol. that threw me off.

• Options

Formed in 1983 as Roxx Regime, the band soon changed their musical message to reflect their Christian beliefs, and the band's name was also changed to Stryper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file