Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

what happens to Mahomes cards now?

not only did he lose, he played terribly. Is there a dip coming up?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2021 9:53PM

Maybe a small one.

But the hype machine will be back in full effect soon enough.

Plus, he is too big a talent to stay down long.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

This is what I said in another thread. Right now, he's not a HOFer. On the right path for sure, but it's so much speculation. Some people love to invest in the speculation.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

of course there will be.

just like almost every other nfl players card that isn't on the winning super bowl team once the season ends. this is nothing new.

• Options
    BriantheTaxGuyBriantheTaxGuy Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2021 10:37PM

@craig44 said:

No.

He still made the super bowl, lost to the best to ever play the position while facing a defense that was as bigger factor in the season and super bowl run than Brady.

I hope there's a dip because I'll be a buyer but it's not gonna be much of one.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 1:39AM

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

you guys that speculate on this new stuff are really crazy and don't know what the hell your doing!!!!

chaz

the "idiot" that "didn't know what the hell he was doing" who sold that giannis rpa for $1.82mi was a 17 year old kid. forget the exact figure, but he paid either $35 or $42k.

how'd you do this year?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

you guys that speculate on this new stuff are really crazy and don't know what the hell your doing!!!!

chaz

the "idiot" that "didn't know what the hell he was doing" who sold that giannis rpa for $1.82mi was a 17 year old kid. forget the exact figure, but he paid either $35 or $42k.

how'd you do this year?

Where does a 17 year old get $40K to spend on a basketball card? Apparently mom and dad have some coin.
    “Dad, I’m spending my college money on a piece of cardboard. “
    “Good idea son. It worked out well for me with Kevin Maas.”

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BriantheTaxGuy said:

@craig44 said:

No.

He still made the super bowl, lost to the best to ever play the position while facing a defense that was as bigger factor in the season and super bowl run than Brady.

I hope there's a dip because I'll be a buyer but it's not gonna be much of one.

no as in you don't think he played terribly? He was really bad, got some garbage yards in the 4th quarter, and couldn't handle the pressure. He did have a great regular season and playoffs, but folded in the big game.

• Options

I think the big run up on young players like Mahomes is a little scary. He is a great player, but, not unprecedented like some are want to say. Keep in mind he has played 3 seasons. If he were to have a career ending injury, he is not a hall of famer yet. Lots of risk to be paying 100's of thousands of dollars.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

Where does a 17 year old get $40K to spend on a basketball card? Apparently mom and dad have some coin.
    “Dad, I’m spending my college money on a piece of cardboard. “
    “Good idea son. It worked out well for me with Kevin Maas.”

not my problem or concern really. plenty of puff pieces about the story but i'm sure dad helped him out obviously. doesn't mean they didn't know what the hell they were doing as chaz clearly muddled. i bet they can spell luka correctly though. giannis too.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 6:27AM

@craig44 said:
    I think the big run up on young players like Mahomes is a little scary. He is a great player, but, not unprecedented like some are want to say. Keep in mind he has played 3 seasons. If he were to have a career ending injury, he is not a hall of famer yet. Lots of risk to be paying 100's of thousands of dollars.

absolutely gigantic rewards though, too. but i agree. you won't see me dropping any serious coin on mahomes, probably ever. more power to those guys though and would never root for anyone's failure should that be where they choose to place their eggs.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

>

no as in you don't think he played terribly? He was really bad, got some garbage yards in the 4th quarter, and couldn't handle the pressure. He did have a great regular season and playoffs, but folded in the big game.

I didn't see it that way AT ALL.

Horrible offensive line and injured foot/toe and he still made some amazing plays. "Couldn't handle the pressure"? That wasn't pressure, it was a free for all for the defensive line of Tampa.

He played valiantly!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

>

Horrible offensive line and injured foot/toe and he still made some amazing plays. "Couldn't handle the pressure"? That wasn't pressure, it was a free for all for the defensive line of Tampa.

He played valiantly!

until garbage time in the 4th quarter I believe his QBR was around 37. He was terrible. I will have to check, but I would imagine that was one of the worst showings in SB history for a QB. Everyone is injured at this point in the season. after playing 20 NFL games, no one is 100%. the greatest ones play through it. Every team has injuries. It is part of the NFL.

I need to watch the game again, but I didnt see those amazing plays. I saw some desperation heaves that were not completed. If it is amazing to get a ball away before taking a sack, then I guess Mahomes had some "amazing" plays.

maybe KC should have made adjustments and played with 6 OL and left Kelce in to Block more.

You could literally say any QB that plays a game under duress played "valiantly"

Lots of excuses for KC and Mahomes this morning.

• Options

well he was going up against his idol in his idols new backyard.

and i would not be surprised if mahomes ends up undergoing 2 different surgeries this offseason. the one that's known about (wink, wink) and another that has been kept under wraps for pretty much the entire season.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

>

He played valiantly!

until garbage time in the 4th quarter I believe his QBR was around 37. He was terrible. I will have to check, but I would imagine that was one of the worst showings in SB history for a QB. Everyone is injured at this point in the season. after playing 20 NFL games, no one is 100%. the greatest ones play through it. Every team has injuries. It is part of the NFL.

I don't have to check his QBR, I watched the game. Everyone is NOT injured at this point of the season.

I need to watch the game again, but I didnt see those amazing plays. I saw some desperation heaves that were not completed. If it is amazing to get a ball away before taking a sack, then I guess Mahomes had some "amazing" plays.

While you are watching the game, PLEASE compare and contrast how both QBs were able to set up to throw the ball. Mahomes was often on the run as he backed away from center, Brady was able to set up and take a qood look downfield, rarely being pressured.

maybe KC should have made adjustments and played with 6 OL and left Kelce in to Block more.

Kelce was the only guy who could get open! KC needed a better O-Line.

You could literally say any QB that plays a game under duress played "valiantly"

No you cannot.

Lots of excuses for KC and Mahomes this morning.

KC got their butts whipped. They couldn't generate a pass rush or protect their QB. When that happens in today's game you lose.

The better TEAM won.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

we will have to agree to disagree. Mahomes was terrible last night. I really don't know what you were watching.

I also don't know what plays mahomes made that were "amazing'? I mean, I guess it was "amazing" that he was able to heave some prayers downfield before hitting the dirt. He was clearly flustered and looked like a young QB under pressure.

maybe a good lesson for him in learning to play under adversity.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say sell now... made it to back-to-back Super Bowls and didn't play good in either one. Reality check for a lot of peeps.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    we will have to agree to disagree. Mahomes was terrible last night. I really don't know what you were watching.

I also don't know what plays mahomes made that were "amazing'? I mean, I guess it was "amazing" that he was able to heave some prayers downfield before hitting the dirt. He was clearly flustered and looked like a young QB under pressure.

Good grief if you would have switched the QBs not only would Tampa have won by 100, Brady would be in a casket right now (not his fault mind you, most QBs would have been).

• Options

As a side note, of all the threads for Chaz to come out of retirement, it was a Mahomes thread :D.

I didn't see that coming!

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collect unopened :D

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@craig44 said:

Good grief if you would have switched the QBs not only would Tampa have won by 100, Brady would be in a casket right now (not his fault mind you, most QBs would have been).

Absolutely correct!

• Options

What do you do to defeat the pass rush? screens and running the ball. I think Mahomes/Reid like the deep pass a bit too much. there was no adjustment made even with the long halftime.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    What do you do to defeat the pass rush? screens and running the ball. I think Mahomes/Reid like the deep pass a bit too much. there was no adjustment made even with the long halftime.

I agree, but I felt like they tried that a bit with some motion and mis-direction and wide receiver screens, and everytime they did, Tampa was on the receiver instantly. The TB defense made a believer out of me, that's for sure.

• Options

The armchair QBs are hilarious.

Mahomes is just 26 and has already been in 2 super bowl.

Anyone who watched a lick of football this year would know Tampas defense is why they were in the super bowl - not brady. They were why Mahomes performed terribly.

Anyone blaming Mahomes for the chiefs' performance either (a) doesn't understand the game or (b) has some ulterior motives for assigning blame.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not get me wrong he is great but he is the most over hyped player playing the most over hyped position of all time. Quarterbacks get the lion share of the glory and blame. Rarely does one transcend like Brady to surpass all the superlatives and hype. He has to match Tom Brady and cure cancer to live up to the hype he has received.

Through no fault of his own I pull against him because of all media constantly worshipping him, it does not help that I live on the Texas / Louisiana border. I did not think he deserved the SB MVP last year but it is typically a QB award.
    He is Steph Curry to me. Been really really singularly good but he is nowhere near Jordan, Lebron or Kobe. Curry was not even the best all around player on his team in any championship he won (no MVPs) but he is the media darling and probably the best singular shooter of all time

All that being said I do not see Mahomes pricing dropping unless there is an overall drop due to the huge pricing bubble we are all living in

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@craig44 said:

False. If you switched teams Mahomes is not the same player. This is the simple elevation of the quarterback without thinking of the weapons he has has his entire career and an offense that fits his skill set to a tee. Running around and flinging the ball up for grabs does not typically work in the NFL and it did not again last night

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 9:02AM

@BriantheTaxGuy said:

Anyone who watched a lick of football this year would know Tampas defense is why they were in the super bowl - not brady. They were why Mahomes performed terribly.

Anyone blaming Mahomes for the chiefs' performance either (a) doesn't understand the game or (b) has some ulterior motives for assigning blame.

I am not even close to saying this loss is on Mahomes just for the record and I agree the scheme and the play of Devin White, Lavonte David and the front 4 was the best I have witnessed in a game of this magnitude

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

@BriantheTaxGuy said:

Regardless of where you put the blame, he hasn't played well in either Super Bowl.... which is where you will almost always play a good defense. Dynasty talk can end now, which will hit his legacy.

And as good as Tampa's D was, to think they would've been able to win without Brady regularly marching down the field and scoring is absurd. Would Mahomes have been able to do what Brady did if he was on the Bucs? No... because Gronk, AB and Fournette wouldn't even be on the team without Brady.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 9:16AM

He is only 26 does not mean a thing. This is the NFL you are not guaranteed tomorrow

Russell Wilson has back to back wins in the bag until a goal line int. How many times has he been back since ?

Daunte Culepepper, Michael Vick and Colin Kaepernick were all on top of the league until they weren’t all for different reasons.

Aaron Rodgers another media darling has how many Super Bowl appearances??

Nothing no matter how singularly great you are is guaranteed in the NFL.

Mahomes like a few others before him landed in the best possible situation, it does not mean he is already in the conversation as an all time great. If he does it for a decade or more then it does. Especially if he does it with multiple casts or even crazier with multiple teams.

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

Hey Blurry Eyes or whatever.....you just made my point...wake up...that kid was smart for selling that Giannis card to the DOPE who bought it for $1.82 mil....what a dope....he better hope that it continues to go up so he can unload it on some other sucker.....

chaz

• Options

@rexvos said:

@detroitfan2 said:

@craig44 said:

False. If you switched teams Mahomes is not the same player. This is the simple elevation of the quarterback without thinking of the weapons he has has his entire career and an offense that fits his skill set to a tee. Running around and flinging the ball up for grabs does not typically work in the NFL and it did not again last night

I guess I'm confused. Are you saying that if you switched QBs and left everything else the same, KC would have won?

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

>

He is Steph Curry to me. Been really really singularly good but he is nowhere near Jordan, Lebron or Kobe. Curry was not even the best all around player on his team in any championship he won (no MVPs) but he is the media darling and probably the best singular shooter of all time

I find this fascinating. You are comparing a kid who has essentially played three full seasons to the greatest players of their sport, each of whom played 15+ seasons. I don't think anyone said Tom Brady was the greatest quarterback in history after just three seasons, either. Give the kid some time. He's played in two Super Bowls in his first three seasons, and missed out on a third Super Bowl by a single game. Not bad, if you ask me.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@rexvos said:

@detroitfan2 said:

@craig44 said:

I guess I'm confused. Are you saying that if you switched QBs and left everything else the same, KC would have won?

No. I am saying it is a bad argument

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 9:43AM

@AFLfan said:

@rexvos said:

>

I find this fascinating. You are comparing a kid who has essentially played three full seasons to the greatest players of their sport, each of whom played 15+ seasons. I don't think anyone said Tom Brady was the greatest quarterback in history after just three seasons, either. Give the kid some time. He's played in two Super Bowls in his first three seasons, and missed out on a third Super Bowl by a single game. Not bad, if you ask me.

No I am not. Others have. I am saying there is no comparison to be made at this point but the hype train has Mahomes being the best ever already. Also the same was done with Curry in the middle of the GSW run. Media loves the here and now and typically forgets history quick. Not all discussions come across clearly on a message board

Edit to say that it was Curry I was comparing to Jordan Lebron and Kobe

• Options

@rexvos said:
    Do not get me wrong he is great but he is the most over hyped player playing the most over hyped position of all time. Quarterbacks get the lion share of the glory and blame. Rarely does one transcend like Brady to surpass all the superlatives and hype. He has to match Tom Brady and cure cancer to live up to the hype he has received.

Through no fault of his own I pull against him because of all media constantly worshipping him, it does not help that I live on the Texas / Louisiana border. I did not think he deserved the SB MVP last year but it is typically a QB award.

All that being said I do not see Mahomes pricing dropping unless there is an overall drop due to the huge pricing bubble we are all living in

Very interesting take. There is no doubt that Brady is the "GOAT" of football. But he is nowhere near the GOAT that Jordan, LeBron, or Kobe were/are. The reasons are simple. None of the teams that Jordan, LeBron, Kobe played for would have won a championship without those guys. The same cannot be said for the teams that won a super bowl with Brady. Heck, I'd argue that without Adam Vinatieri, Brady would be down to 5 Super Bowls, and without Malcolm Butler, he'd be down to 4. And Tampa Bay would have won yesterday with Gary Danielson at QB, and Gary is 69 years old. This isn't Brady's fault, the sports are vastly different, but to suggest that he had something "special" that led to yesterday's win (or any of Tampa Bay's playoff victories this season) is a bit of an exaggeration, at least in my opinion.

• Options

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

Hey Blurry Eyes or whatever.....you just made my point...wake up...that kid was smart for selling that Giannis card to the DOPE who bought it for $1.82 mil....what a dope....he better hope that it continues to go up so he can unload it on some other sucker.....

chaz

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

hey cheeze or whatever, you eat paint chips as a kid? you can't have both sides of the fence. you're claiming "idiots" that don't know what the hell they are doing and shouldn't be touching modern but then you say "good for them for banking and you just proved my point". didn't think you could top the stupidity of that first post but "luca" here. ya just did. congrats.

• Options

Guys, this conversation can be had without mocking others and calling each other names. Let's knock that stuff off quickly.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2021 9:59AM

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

hey cheeze or whatever, you eat paint chips as a kid? you can't have both sides of the fence. you're claiming "idiots" that don't know what the hell they are doing and shouldn't be touching modern but then you say "good for them for banking and you just proved my point". didn't think you could top the stupidity of that first post but "luca" here. ya just did. congrats.

....READ what I said originally...... " I am not saying don't buy a little here and there of the new stuff " the kid did right by buying the Giannis card but the real wrong here was the guy who paid him $1.82 mil or whatever..... READ what I said......Giannis card will tank at some point and Giannis is half way through his career already.....

chaz

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 10:11AM

So Kobe has all those titles without Shaq? Lebron loses a title if Ray Allen misses a 3 and no title without crazy Kyrie in Cleveland. I’ll give you Jordan.

That argument you made was terrible. I also hate the term Goat and I am not trying to compare Brady with guys from other sports.

I am saying let’s not rush to crown Mahomes an all time great until he does it for his entire career.

There is a massive hype train on him. Seen by apologies for his efforts such as yours

Edit to add when I mentioned other sports I used the Curry phenomenon to compare to the Mahomes phenomenon

Curry is not those guys
    Just like Mahomes is not Brady, Montana or Unitas

• Options

@rexvos said:

Beautiful man, simply beautiful.

• Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2021 10:21AM

Well, Brady's BC gems definitely dipped after the first super bowl loss to the Giants in 08. He already had multiple rings, but that was the first super bowl appearance after spygate, and speculation was that he might not get another one. He didn't until Wilson's pick in 2015.

Looks like it took years for them to recover from the peak pricing in 07, but a recession started at the same time so like most things it's not a perfect comparison. Mahomes is also much younger which fuels optimism.

https://pwccmarketplace.com/market-price-research?q=2000%20bowman%20chrome%20tom%20brady%20psa%2010&year_min=2004&year_max=2008&price_min=50&price_max=10000&sort_by=date_desc&sale_type=all&items_per_page=50&page=2

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do hope Mahomes cards dip during the offseason.
    I sold almost all of mine in 2019-2020, would like to buy back a couple prizms' if they would drop enough.
    I do have several 2017 panini prizm unopened boxes that have gone up about
    10x-20x what I payed for them and I think if the Chiefs would have won they would have exploded.
    I'm thinking those boxes may be a long term hold because its also Deshaun Watsons rookie year.

• Options

This thread quickly devolved into sports talk and should be moved to that forum. The immediate devolution of a discussion is exactly why I don't frequent that forum.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 10:39AM

@BriantheTaxGuy said:
    This thread quickly devolved into sports talk and should be moved to that forum. The immediate devolution of a discussion is exactly why I don't frequent that forum.

Yeah, you get too many guys who show up with comments like: Anyone blaming Mahomes for the chiefs' performance either (a) doesn't understand the game or (b) has some ulterior motives for assigning blame.

• Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@BriantheTaxGuy said:

Hey, you get too many guys who show up with comments like: Anyone blaming Mahomes for the chiefs' performance either (a) doesn't understand the game or (b) has some ulterior motives for assigning blame.

My comment wasn't an insult nor directed at anyone.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 11:33AM

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

....READ what I said originally...... " I am not saying don't buy a little here and there of the new stuff " the kid did right by buying the Giannis card but the real wrong here was the guy who paid him $1.82 mil or whatever..... READ what I said......Giannis card will tank at some point and Giannis is half way through his career already.....

chaz

i did read it. it's hard to sell something at a record price if you don't touch it in the first place. however now it seems as if you want to move goal posts with a crystal ball in hand and say, "well just a little modern is ok". i bet you can tell me all 6 of the lottery numbers on sunday morning, even though i'm an idiot for wasting my money by buying a ticket on friday night.

further more, you're now saying that the giannis was a brilliant move. do you think it was an absolute steal at the time for $35k when it was just sold at $7k the month prior? do you see my point here? and go back and read your statement yourself. you weren't just talking about giannis, but ja, luka, etc. it's easy to call someone either an idiot or mad genius after the fact or when you can change the narrative as you seem fit. and that's all you're doing here.

finally, since jordan is your guy and you're anti-speculation, you don't think w/ what's going on with the jordan 10 that folks aren't heavily "speculating" and that they aren't poised to lose their shirts if things don't go right? the main difference though is that no one came in here spouting that other collectors are "idiots", "don't know what they are doing" and saying "BS". except you that is. and all i'm pointing out, w/o you changing the narrative again, is that a 17 year old kid who had bigger juevos, made out better than you by doing the exact opposite of what you advised. naturally, i never woulda called out that fact if you didn't put a homing signal on your back w that initial post. and of course the real issue here was never giannis vs jordan. it was you coming in guns blazing calling other people idiots, claiming bs and that folks don't know what they're doing. and let's be very clear. i'm no modern-snob. my collection is pretty diverse. but i can assure you, you'll never hear me knock whatever a fellow collector chooses to focus on. you can not say the same.

• Options

@rexvos said:
    So Kobe has all those titles without Shaq? Lebron loses a title if Ray Allen misses a 3 and no title without crazy Kyrie in Cleveland. I’ll give you Jordan.

That argument you made was terrible. I also hate the term Goat and I am not trying to compare Brady with guys from other sports.

I am saying let’s not rush to crown Mahomes an all time great until he does it for his entire career.

There is a massive hype train on him. Seen by apologies for his efforts such as yours

Edit to add when I mentioned other sports I used the Curry phenomenon to compare to the Mahomes phenomenon

Curry is not those guys
    Just like Mahomes is not Brady, Montana or Unitas

I'm not sure I ever apologized for Mahomes, but I find it tough to argue that ANY quarterback could have done a better job yesterday than he did. I feel the same way about anyone pumping serious $$ into any player in any sport that is one torn ACL away from being retired after 5 years or less, much like Chaz has mentioned. My biggest issue is the Brady worship.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 1:21PM

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

@chaz43 said:

@blurryface said:

@chaz43 said:

>

Luca BS

>

chaz

how'd you do this year?

chaz

chaz

i did read it. it's hard to sell something at a record price if you don't touch it in the first place. however now it seems as if you want to move goal posts with a crystal ball in hand and say, "well just a little modern is ok". i bet you can tell me all 6 of the lottery numbers on sunday morning, even though i'm an idiot for wasting my money by buying a ticket on friday night.

further more, you're now saying that the giannis was a brilliant move. do you think it was an absolute steal at the time for $35k when it was just sold at $7k the month prior? do you see my point here? and go back and read your statement yourself. you weren't just talking about giannis, but ja, luka, etc. it's easy to call someone either an idiot or mad genius after the fact or when you can change the narrative as you seem fit. and that's all you're doing here.

finally, since jordan is your guy and you're anti-speculation, you don't think w/ what's going on with the jordan 10 that folks aren't heavily "speculating" and that they aren't poised to lose their shirts if things don't go right? the main difference though is that no one came in here spouting that other collectors are "idiots", "don't know what they are doing" and saying "BS". except you that is. and all i'm pointing out, w/o you changing the narrative again, is that a 17 year old kid who had bigger juevos, made out better than you by doing the exact opposite of what you advised. naturally, i never woulda called out that fact if you didn't put a homing signal on your back w that initial post. and of course the real issue here was never giannis vs jordan. it was you coming in guns blazing calling other people idiots, claiming bs and that folks don't know what they're doing. and let's be very clear. i'm no modern-snob. my collection is pretty diverse. but i can assure you, you'll never hear me knock whatever a fellow collector chooses to focus on. you can not say the same.

I don't know what you're saying half the time....... $7K or $35K or $42K is okay to dabble.... BUT $1.82 mil ???????????? for Giannis with NO CHAMPIONSHIPS that's fricken VINSANITY!!!!!! also regarding JORDAN...are you kidding??? what speculation????? 6 championships ...if that's speculation then I'm all in.... and most people don't know what they're doing because they don't have the experience, the knowledge or have not done the research to make an educated choice. When all these prices start tanking for these young guys and they will, I'll be back at you. And as far as knocking other collectors, I do it as a service to wake these guys up so they won't make the same mistakes I made back in the 80's and 90's (probably before you were born)..... We went crazy for Harold Minor (BUST, called him little Jordan), Larry Johnson(BUST), Doc Gooden(BUST), Daryll Strawberry(BUST), Eric Lindros(BUST, no championships), Gregg Jeffries(BUST), Eric Davis(BUST), Jeff George(BUST), Tony Mandrich(BUST), Ryan Leaf(MAJOR BUST), Shawn Bradley(Major BUST), Kwamee Brown(BUST), Greg Oden (BUST), Sam Bowie(BUST....1984 drafted BEFORE Jordan)), JaMarcus Russell(BUST) and the list goes on and on..... so if you don't get what I'm saying then I can't help you..... it's a mine field out there boys so watch out you don't step on a pile of you know what.......

chaz

• Options

I think it's time to take a step or two back, @chaz43 and @blurryface...

I think you would both be comfortable simply saying that if you are looking to spend that kind of money on cards, be sure to do a lot of homework on the player, set and market before making the purchase. Let's leave it there and keep the fireworks to a minimum.

This discussion has been closed.