Home U.S. Coin Forum

CAC greenie

...ohh hell yeah! ;)

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a fan of mint ice cream, not sure why. I do like ice cream and we have it usually twice a week. Just as in so many things (art, coins, etc.), it is a matter of personal choice. Enjoy... Cheers, RickO

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

The whipped cream makes it! :)

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought there was going to be a sticker, but wait 30minutes and there'll definitely be something sticky!
    I love mint ice cream. Braum's Peppermint shakes any time I can get them.

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 8:52AM

@ricko said:
    I am not a fan of mint ice cream, not sure why. I do like ice cream and we have it usually twice a week. Just as in so many things (art, coins, etc.), it is a matter of personal choice. Enjoy... Cheers, RickO

TWICE A WEEK?

My wife has it nightly.

You would laugh if you opened our freezer.
    She has an average of about 4 to 6 half gallons at any time

But, never mint.

Frank

BHNC #203

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt.... :D My wife WOULD have it nightly, but imposes self discipline... But I would be in BIG trouble if I forgot the night she is supposed to have ice cream.... :D I usually do the shopping trips, so my responsibility to get the ice cream. Happy wife, happy life.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @Treashunt.... :D My wife WOULD have it nightly, but imposes self discipline... But I would be in BIG trouble if I forgot the night she is supposed to have ice cream.... :D I usually do the shopping trips, so my responsibility to get the ice cream. Happy wife, happy life.... ;) Cheers, RickO

and happy Ricko :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

We started making our own ice cream a few years ago. It's super-easy with the home units they have now. No rock salt, no ice. It's incredible how much better it tastes and how dense it is. Besides that, it's pretty fun and everyone fights about licking the dasher.

:)

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I worked at a small dairy during my college years. During the couple years of my "career", I made ice cream. We had two small machines (with a five and ten gallon capacity). Although I never cared for it. Mint Chocolate Chip was our second best seller. Never understood why...

• MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭

I find better quality mint ice cream is usually white not green.

image Respectfully, Mark
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 10:57AM

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Knowing you; I was expecting to see something else sweet and green, when I opened up this thread! LOL 420? ;) 😆

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did you show me that in the am?> @pointfivezero said:

I worked at a small dairy during my college years. During the couple years of my "career", I made ice cream. We had two small machines (with a five and ten gallon capacity). Although I never cared for it. Mint Chocolate Chip was our second best seller. Never understood why...

Because it tastes good.

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fathom said:
    Why did you show me that in the am?> @pointfivezero said:

Because it tastes good.

To each their own. My personal favorite was Butter Pecan followed by French Vanilla.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    We started making our own ice cream a few years ago. It's super-easy with the home units they have now. No rock salt, no ice. It's incredible how much better it tastes and how dense it is. Besides that, it's pretty fun and everyone fights about licking the dasher.

A future option for home: https://coldsnap.com

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@BryceM said:

A future option for home: https://coldsnap.com

It makes margaritas I already like it.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I have to go get ice cream.........................The only kind that I found in the freezer was chocolate. I better not touch that. I got Pineapple Sherbet.

edited January 13, 2021 7:39PM

My absolute favorite is the chocolate, cherry and pistachio (Spumoni).

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ice cream is a weakness for me, and while I like some flavors better than others.....there aren't many flavors I wouldn't eat.
    But these days of cholesterol-watching I am mostly eating low fat sugar-free frozen yogurt.....which just isn't satisfying.
    My wife "reminds me" that I have the "Ice cream" in the freezer and I say (lying) "Oh, I forgot it was in there."
    "Well....now it's freezer burned. I'll have to get you another one," she helpfully says.
    And on and on it goes.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerfan said:
    My absolute favorite is the chocolate, cherry and pistachio (Spumoni).

Good choice, I like the green almond pistachio too.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think McDonald's soft serve is pretty good for what it is... >:)

@mannie gray said:
    Ice cream is a weakness for me, and while I like some flavors better than others.....there aren't many flavors I wouldn't eat.
    But these days of cholesterol-watching I am mostly eating low fat sugar-free frozen yogurt.....which just isn't satisfying.
    My wife "reminds me" that I have the "Ice cream" in the freezer and I say (lying) "Oh, I forgot it was in there."
    "Well....now it's freezer burned. I'll have to get you another one," she helpfully says.
    And on and on it goes.

I have high cholesterol, too, but I watch my weight, take my medication and I exercise. So, indulging in something good, once in a while, doesn’t hurt you. JMHO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file