Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You have received the "5,000 likes" badge

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12, 2021 6:19PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I forget sometimes that the PCGS board awards badges for receiving a certain number of "LOL"s , "Agrees", or "Likes". Probably a lot of you weren't aware or don't care, or both :)

But apparently (if I'm reading the software correctly) there are only 19 board members who have received 5,000 likes on their posts since this iteration of the forum software was installed.

Now I wouldn't be surprised to find out others have received far more than 5,000 likes (coincidentally, November of this year will by my "official" 20th anniversary on the PCGS forums :o ).

But I'm looking over the list of the others in the "5,000 like" club, and it's a damn fine group of people to be included with:

@Boosibri @BryceM @DIMEMAN @Paradisefound @koynekwest @lkeigwin @topstuf @Justacommeman @RogerB @coinsarefun @ErrorsOnCoins @Zoins @1630Boston @Insider2

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

YIKES! That's a lotta Likes.

A very worthy plateau to reach.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Well...4 of them have been banned, so someone didn't like them.

And I'm over 4000 likes and we all know no one likes me! ;)

Seriously, congratulations!

How do you all not “like” that post

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    We will send you a bathroom key to the private forum throne.

m

What about the 'inner circle' code? :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice accomplishment....I'm picking up the rear for you!!! B)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Says a lot about the quality of your coins.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Likeweiss

• Options

Oh yes, gratzeiss! Me mucho respecto :)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no even going to worry about it

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The champion, or rather championette, in the "like" department is hands down, Paradisefound. Everyone else on the 5,000 list has been around here for an average of over 10 years. She did it in about 6 seconds before she disappeared into the waves. How DID she do that? Leave it to the girls! 🌺🏊🌺

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    @Weiss
    What about @ricko he's got almost fifteen thousand 'likes' :)

I don't think any of us will ever catch ricko, either in number of posts or in number of likes.

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty close to you.................307.

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of reminds me of something Groucho Marx once said...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! This is encouraging. I just checked and I'm half way there. Sometimes a like is just as good as a comment. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy
    I believe you are on to something. Yeah, I got my 5000 like "awarn" and shortly thereafter received my first warding. 🤣
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    not sure what it means, if anything, but more than 20% of the members who have reached this "Plateau" are banned. :p

How do you even get banned? It’s a coin forum lol.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

It's easier than you think. :p>:)

If you haven't read the forum rules you may want to. ;)

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@johnny010 said:

It's easier than you think. :p>:)

If you haven't read the forum rules you may want to. ;)

A bit too literal. If I have to read coin room rules I’m in big trouble in life.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2022 4:19PM

Funny COINcidence, but I just earned my "1,000 Agrees" badge a few days back. One of 116 folks who have earned this as well. And since this original thread was posted, I'm over 8,000 likes :o

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

@Weiss said:
    Funny COINcidence, but I just earned my "1,000 Agrees" badge a few days back. One of 116 folks who have earned this as well. And since this original thread was posted, I'm over 8,000 likes :o

Yeah! But do you have one of these?

Purgatory now that takes skill…
    dumb luck

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

tbh, i think the badges i'd like to see the most, is how many are given by xxxxx.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@johnny010 said:

@keets said:
    not sure what it means, if anything, but more than 20% of the members who have reached this "Plateau" are banned. :p

Definitely stay out of the sports forum.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

if i would have picked one of several people i would have thought would never get even one warning, you would have been on that list!

have you been short-fused lately from not being able to get those canon dslr pics dialed in? :p:D

perhaps you keep missing that JUST high enough grade on some dimes or cents?

i am absolutely astonished i never broke anything around my place when i was learning mine. i was just so relieved to get across the finish line i wasn't even upset once i saw how stupidly easy it actually is to take pro-pics with good equip. i thought i felt dumb before i figured that out.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@oih82w8 said:
    What's not to like about that?

I am seriously considering having a sash, kinda like boy scouts wear, made up of my CU Forum "badges" and wear at the next big coin show I go to.

if you do your badges on the front please add the avatars of those that have been banned in remembrance. ;)

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC I’ve had several…shhhhhh. I always manage to keep them borderline kind of like my grading skills :D
    Pray I never hit MS70

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

@keets said:

Well bring up politics or start naming names of dealers you don’t like and why specifically or use racist language 🧐

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2022 6:04AM

Holy crap!!!
    I’ve got 5151 posts and 4,700 likes 😳
    I think cats comment as well as an imaginary beaver who can post 😂. I guess I’m crazy as I think but no harm no foul 😁🙀😸😻🦫
    And I don’t recognize any difference between AT or NT 🤔
    And I’ve never been to a coin show.
    Thanks everybody. Honestly, I am humbled, a little 🙃

Congratulations Weiss and thanks for all your sharing of your knowledge and wisdom 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoot, I got that many warnings from the moderators. Surprised I'm still here 🤫

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file