Home Sports Talk

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

let's try this again without me submitting before i'm done

(only 10 options were allowed)

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffalo Bills

I'll ride the Bills train. This one's for you Jim!

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

Browns. It appears 25% of you guys agree with me.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffalo Bills

If you watched every game the Bills played this year and watched every other playoff team besides Green Bay it’s painful. Struggling for every inch. Painful 😣

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City and Green Bay. Green Bay wins it all.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

someone from the AFC, either Baltimore, Tennessee, Buffalo or Kansas City. ask me in a week when the picture is clearer.

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

Green Bay to win. . Longshot: Tennessee

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 10:16AM
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

:)

Edit to add: It's probably just left-over Patriots rumblings in my gut, but I don't pick against Brady getting it done in the playoffs.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

How come the Patriots aren't on the list? I thought by NFL rule, they were automatically entered every year in the playoffs?

Patriots fans are demanding an immediate investigation.

Kansas City Chiefs

The 2020 Patriots played like the Patriots of the 20th century. They are where they belong, at home playing golf or whatever they do in the off-season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    Kansas City Chiefs

@thisistheshow said:
    :)

Edit to add: It's probably just left-over Patriots rumblings in my gut, but I don't pick against Brady getting it done in the playoffs.

I wish it were true. It would be fun to have a local team go deep in the play-offs, but the Bucks are very inconsistent. They can look like world beaters one quarter and total chumps the next. In yesterday's game, Atlanta got within three points of them after they built up a double digit lead. Then they turned the jets on, and made the final score look like a run-away.

There was a period not long ago when they started every game like they were sleep walking. If they do that in the play-offs, they will be walking right back to Tampa.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

My 82 year old dad has 50 to win 500 on his favorite Packers on draft kings. He hedged with a 25 to win 85 on KC.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 5:11PM
    Green Bay Packers

if it's KC-GB, billjones has it covered before the opening kickoff. i like it.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City. I briefly toyed with a choice of Tenn. due to Derrick Henry. Felt if Tenn. could control the game/ball with a running game they'd have a shot. Then I remembered the pasting GB put on them. And as much as I do not like to pick repeat winners in the SB I went with KC.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

So what does bluejayway win for the first correct response?

Assuming there is some controversy around Bill Jones response and perhaps a red flag thrown
    requiring an official review of the post in question.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

So does anyone think State Farm Insurance is hoping for a Packers- Chiefs matchup in the Super Bowl?
    I bet they would spend some serious bucks making a Super Bowl commercial with their two favorite spokesmen.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

@Darin said:
    So what does bluejayway win for the first correct response?

Assuming there is some controversy around Bill Jones response and perhaps a red flag thrown
    requiring an official review of the post in question.

Yes it looks like he has both to win. That sneaky devil

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Green Bay Packers

The odds according to three different predictors

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Green Bay Packers

hump day bump day

get yer pix in before Colts-Bills kickoff on Saturday

anyone who makes a selection after the playoffs have started will suffer torture and humiliation the likes of which you've never seen before

e.g., billjones had to watch the 4th quarter of Eagles-Giants 5 times consecutively while in his birthday suit for picking 2 teams to win the SB

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look for Philip Rivers to have a career best game on Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me if it's an upset. I went to all the games when he was here with the Chargers. He can be pretty good at times. Veteran against the Kid. Fun matchup. I'm going with the Colts.

Buffalo Bills

@Hydrant said:
    Look for Philip Rivers to have a career best game on Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me if it's an upset. I went to all the games when he was here with the Chargers. He can be pretty good at times. Veteran against the Kid. Fun matchup. I'm going with the Colts.

This game is over by halftime. Bills hang 48 on the Colts going away. No more let up on this team. They’re hot and having fun. Josh Allen 22-27 345 4 TD’s. Rivers? 18-38 223 1 TD and 2 pics. If you like money. Well you know the rest.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    Green Bay Packers

with roughly 51 hours remaining until Colts-Bills kickoff, here's the current vote tally:

7 - Green Bay Packers
    6 - Buffalo Bills
    4 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    3 - Kansas City Chiefs
    3 - New Orleans Saints
    1 - Baltimore Ravens
    1 - other (Cleveland Browns)
    1 - Kansas City Packers

Green Bay Packers

I'd say the Bucs are one of the biggest Super Bowl sucker bets of all time.

I'm not saying it's impossible for them to win it. But it's probable, if not likely, if not possibly definite, that with the higher tempo of the playoff season, Brady's 43 year old wheels are going to show their age and slow down compared to the other players, making him and the Bucs very vulnerable to a loss.

But of course Brady fanatics think that Tom is immortal and will play football forever, so those who gamble will be emptying out their bank accounts on the Bucs, thus reducing the point spread, and making an already sucker bet even worse.

Then after the Bucs lose, see how much sympathy you get from your landlord when you tell him, "Sorry i can't pay the rent for at least a few months, because i bet it all on my hero Tom Brady."

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@stevek said:

I'm not saying it's impossible for them to win it. But it's probable, if not likely, if not possibly definite, that with the higher tempo of the playoff season, Brady's 43 year old wheels are going to show their age and slow down compared to the other players, making him and the Bucs very vulnerable to a loss.

But of course Brady fanatics think that Tom is immortal and will play football forever, so those who gamble will be emptying out their bank accounts on the Bucs, thus reducing the point spread, and making an already sucker bet even worse.

Then after the Bucs lose, see how much sympathy you get from your landlord when you tell him, "Sorry i can't pay the rent for at least a few months, because i bet it all on my hero Tom Brady."

If you want, you can just keep saying this until you are right. You said the same thing about the second half of the season. Eventually, you will be right, unless he retires before it happens.

edited January 7, 2021 7:31PM
    Green Bay Packers

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

If you want, you can just keep saying this until you are right. You said the same thing about the second half of the season. Eventually, you will be right, unless he retires before it happens.

Ah weed hopper you have snatched your first Sports Forum pebble! You are on to stevek. Now for your next pebble beware of his, " Everybody knows" trap from hell. He will use it to make some of the most baffling illogical points that will have you doubting yourself and nature in general . If you are not careful it will leave you wanting to bang your head into the wall. Repeatedly.

m

Buffalo Bills

Tampa Bay is a feel good story. Good for Tampa. Good for Tom. But like every good thing it must come to an end. Tom has the playoff experience but it won’t take him to the Super Bowl. How blessed were they to draw Washington? Well the NFC is so weak that Washington and Chicago are actually playoff teams. In a real season of 6 and half of the 49ers were healthy neither of them sniff a berth. Then Tampa the 6 seed finds its way to San Francisco or Seattle where a real game might be played. But they played the hand dealt and it more than likely ends next weekend

W.C.Fields
    Green Bay Packers

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

I'm just trying to disseminate good information.

Now it's been upgraded to impossible for Brady to win the Super Bowl. ;)

Green Bay Packers

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

Ah weed hopper you have snatched your first Sports Forum pebble! You are on to stevek. Now for your next pebble beware of his, " Everybody knows" trap from hell. He will use it to make some of the most baffling illogical points that will have you doubting yourself and nature in general . If you are not careful it will leave you wanting to bang your head into the wall. Repeatedly.

m

Good ol' Mark is chirpin' like a canary that just found a fat juicy worm.

Enjoy it while you can because it never lasts. ;)

Green Bay Packers

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

m

Happy New Year Steve!

m

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

I understand your distrust of Brady getting it done. I don't agree, but I understand. He may not, but imo he is fully capable.

Green Bay Packers

@2dueces said:
    Tampa Bay is a feel good story. Good for Tampa. Good for Tom. But like every good thing it must come to an end. Tom has the playoff experience but it won’t take him to the Super Bowl. How blessed were they to draw Washington? Well the NFC is so weak that Washington and Chicago are actually playoff teams. In a real season of 6 and half of the 49ers were healthy neither of them sniff a berth. Then Tampa the 6 seed finds its way to San Francisco or Seattle where a real game might be played. But they played the hand dealt and it more than likely ends next weekend

Without question Brady did better than expected this season. Certainly better than Bill Belichick expected, or the Patriots would have re-signed him.

But now it's the playoffs.

In one of these upcoming playoff games, it'll be the 4th quarter and Tom has nothing left, and he'll be thinking to himself, "I should have listened to stevek and retired after last season."

Green Bay Packers

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

m

Happy New Year Steve!

m

Same to you Mark, and I just hope you say the same thing at this time two years from now. :)

Green Bay Packers

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

I understand your distrust of Brady getting it done. I don't agree, but I understand. He may not, but imo he is fully capable.

And I admire your being a big fan of Tom Brady.

Without a doubt, Tom is an iconic figure in sports history.

Who knows, maybe he is immortal? :)

edited January 7, 2021 10:35PM
    Green Bay Packers

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

m

Happy New Year Steve!

m

Same to you Mark, and I just hope you say the same thing at this time two years from now. :)

Thanks!

Can’t wait for 2022. Already working on it. Regardless, it is what it is. Been on both sides of the equation. I don’t take it personal and I would never rub it in. Not my style.

make

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

I realize you're kidding. I don't think he is immortal. But as someone who watched him throughout his career, I can see that he is not done. I don't have faith in the Bucs scheme or coaching, but I did see progress as the season unfolded. If he is back next year, I expect another strong showing. Even if he doesn't win another, his accomplishments this season are remarkable in my opinion.

edited January 7, 2021 10:02PM
    Green Bay Packers

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

m

Happy New Year Steve!

m

Thanks!

Can’t wait for 2022. Already working on it. Regardless, it is what it is. Been on both sides of the equation. I don’t take it personal.

make

At the end of the day we're all Americans.

I'd get in a foxhole with anyone here, including anyone in the other forums where i post where things can get pretty rough at times.

The history of our country has sometimes not been very pretty. However it's still by far the greatest country in the world, and I think everyone on both sides should always remember that.

Green Bay Packers

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

I realize you're kidding. I don't think he is immortal. But as someone who watched him throughout his career, I can see that he is not done. I don't have faith in the Bucs scheme or coaching, but I did see progress as the season unfolded. If he is back next year, I expect another strong showing. Even if he doesn't win another, his accomplishments this season are remarkable in my opinion.

It was interesting, Brady had a few clunkers around mid-season and logically considering he tailed off during the second half of last season and now he's a year older, that he would likely do the same if not worse.

But Tom rebounded from those clunkers quite nicely, and i agree with your opinion of "remarkable" accomplishments this season.

We shall see if that continues in the playoffs.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

I'll be the huckleberry that takes 'other' and pulls for the 'Skins and a cinderella story run. I'm sure the Bucs will kill them tomorrow night, ha!