Home Metal Detecting

Found Mystery Item ??

Hey everyone . New here , I have had this special belt buckle . Any Ideas .?

Comments

• How about some details :) Where were you detecting? Any history on the area? How deep was it? Any other finds?
    Jim

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SensibleSal66 .... Welcome aboard.... Really could use some more information... and perhaps a bit smaller pictures. That being said, based on the second picture, it does appear to be a buckle of some sort... have you soaked it in anything yet? More details might appear. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest soaking it in otc hydrogen peroxide for 24 hrs. Dry it, then soak it in mineral oil. IMO. 16 teeth mean anything? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• I'm not sure about the teeth . I found it at a cellar hole close to a river and railroad track . Maybe a cutting tool ? Thanks for the cleaning tips .

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cellar holes are great for finding all the items that fell thru the floorboards. I have dug killer items in the ground under former front porches as well. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Cellar holes, old stone wall property lines (check for backyard visibility of significant formations - tree, large rock etc.)... Good luck with cleaning that 'buckle'... would be nice to identify it. Cheers, RickO

• Thanks . I'll try this week. Happy Holidays everyone !

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going with spork

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Looks like a deflated football. Must have belonged to tom brady.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • You guys are silly :)

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@milbroco said:
    Looks like a deflated football. Must have belonged to tom brady.

😭,😂

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Looks like 1860's .. Nothing Special but it was made for a use. The saw cut may have saved the owner a few minutes or a few steps when needing a tool of that type for a given use. Something that was not used all the time but when necessary he had it with him.... JMHO... Its a nice find

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems far fetched, I know but in the old days we kept track of deer shot by putting a notch in the butt of the rifle stock.
    Perhaps 'he' was keeping track of something by notching that buckle? :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

@1630Boston.... Let's hope it was deer or squirrel or some such four legged critter... not a serial killers record. >:) Cheers, RickO

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can't remember without notching your belt buckle it may be time to quit! :)

@No Headlights said:
    If you can't remember without notching your belt buckle it may be time to quit! :)

When you shoot 75 to 100 white tail deer with various rifles it's nice to have a record of what did what :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

@No Headlights said:

If I get a chance I'll photo one rifle but plate, I think that one has 15 or 18 notches in it.
    Also, these rifles are passed down from generation to generation. :)

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

@No Headlights said:

When you shoot 75 to 100 white tail deer with various rifles it's nice to have a record of what did what :)

I meant the belt notches 1630 Boston! :) Have a great day. It's warming up here in Iowa. Soon hope to get out.