Home Metal Detecting

Found Mystery Item ??

Hey everyone . New here , I have had this special belt buckle . Any Ideas .?

Comments

• How about some details :) Where were you detecting? Any history on the area? How deep was it? Any other finds?
    Jim

• rickoricko Posts: 79,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SensibleSal66 .... Welcome aboard.... Really could use some more information... and perhaps a bit smaller pictures. That being said, based on the second picture, it does appear to be a buckle of some sort... have you soaked it in anything yet? More details might appear. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest soaking it in otc hydrogen peroxide for 24 hrs. Dry it, then soak it in mineral oil. IMO. 16 teeth mean anything? Peace Roy

• I'm not sure about the teeth . I found it at a cellar hole close to a river and railroad track . Maybe a cutting tool ? Thanks for the cleaning tips .

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cellar holes are great for finding all the items that fell thru the floorboards. I have dug killer items in the ground under former front porches as well. Have a good day. Peace Roy

• rickoricko Posts: 79,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cellar holes, old stone wall property lines (check for backyard visibility of significant formations - tree, large rock etc.)... Good luck with cleaning that 'buckle'... would be nice to identify it. Cheers, RickO

• Thanks . I'll try this week. Happy Holidays everyone !

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going with spork

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Looks like a deflated football. Must have belonged to tom brady.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email [email protected]