Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS 2020-W $5 Gold Eagle Giveaway - Winner Announced

PCGS_SocialMediaPCGS_SocialMedia Posts: 313 mod
edited December 28, 2020 3:20PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Our winner has been chosen, and came from this forum! Congratulations to @TurtleCat please send us a message so we can get your info!

As you may have seen we launched this giveaway today on our social media and wanted to open it up to our forum members. Since we're celebrating 45 million items certified (and 20,000 Collectors Club members) we want to see you favorite PCGS graded piece(s). This can be and in-holder photo, a TrueView, link to a PCGS Set Registry album, and so on. One grand prize winner will win the 2020-W $5 Gold Eagle seen in the photo! To enter simply comment with the photo of, or link to your item on this thread.

This giveaway will be available across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the PCGS Forum, so feel free to enter wherever else you are. One entry per method, per platform is allowed. Entries will close at 10 AM PST on Friday 12/18/20. We will aim to announce the grand prize winner on the same day. Additional winners may be chosen to receive PCGS prize packs! For full rules please visit pcgs.com/contest-rules

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 9:35AM

I guess I will enter here!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

🔥 #20519253 🔥

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first coin I’ve graded through PCGS.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

From the Contest Rules:

How to Enter: Post a photo of your favorite PCGS graded item, preferably shown in-holder or the TrueView and use the tags provided in posted instructions. As an alternate or additional form of entry, you may also screenshot, or re-post the official PCGS giveaway graphic, using appropriate tags. The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the various Social Media platforms of PCGS. For this contest: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or our Forum. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of PCGS.

Shared entries must be made public, using specified tags. If this is not possible, please make arrangements with PCGS Social Media team to have your entry sent via DM or email, with the understanding that your profile and entries may be shared publicly through PCGS and their various social channels.

You may enter once, per method, per platform. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, or identities in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of PCGS.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorites

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favs!

liefgold
  • Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you to everyone at PCGS for excellent service and dedication too the highest quality coin grading. Thank you for the chance to win a beautiful coin commemorating this milestone. This is one of my current favorites from my collection.
    2019 Palau Pandora's Box

Ultra High Relief 0.999 Silver $20

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool contest

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 4:12AM

In 2006 I had over 500 toned walkers, Franklin's and silver Kennedys along with several Morgans, Peace dollars and other various other commems that were toned very nicely. I was in the process of getting them graded as I had bought them since I was a teen. I had them stolen and lost my interest in collecting. I got back into it this year and @Mgarmy helped me to do it! I ended up buying this one and had Pcgs grade and true view it. Never had any interest in collecting gold tho.

Ken
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity. I love this forum!!!

Unfortunately, I could not decide which coin to use, so I am posting two. The first is the "white whale" of my Washington quarter registry set. It took several years to find a suitable specimen but it was worth the wait. MS67 with very nice toning.

The second is the first quarter eagle I purchased. Its in an old holder and CAC approved. Bought it from the Bozarth's right before they moved on to bigger and bolder things. It is definitely solid for the grade, even without the CAC sticker!

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Mr_Spud

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are a couple PCGS specials

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the chance, my favorite AU piece at quick glance you would swear it was unc.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks and CONGRATS

• Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Thanks

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the chance to win
    Here is my very first CAC coin

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

Thank you.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like my crust bucket.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    Thanks for the opportunity. I like this one and wonder what was bought with it and how many people held it before me.

Probably not very many since it was probably a pocket piece.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my first crossovers to PCGS, and one of my all time favorites! Thank you for the contest and congrats on 45M!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:
    Thanks for the opportunity.

Nice Small Date 46. Very scarce.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the shot!

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 3:15PM

This is the Cliche created by Augustin Dupre, passed on to Alexander Theodore Brongniart who drafted the letter dated January 23, 1783 that accompanied the Cliche as it was sent on to Benjamin Franklin, presented to Franklin on January 31, 1783. Thereafter, the Cliche graced the collections of Wayte Raymond, John J. Ford, John W. Adams, and the Cardinal Collection Educational Foundation.

(If you do a left click on the mouse, it will give you the option to open the photo into another tab with a significantly larger version of the photo.)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

My birth year set

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you PCGS

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you PCGS!

Love the luster on this Dollar.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    TrumboTrumbo Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Proud to have have submitted this one, thanks for the chance

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity. Trueviews are the best!

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 6:05PM

I have always loved Peace Dollars. This coin is my personal favorite Peace Dollar from my Registry Set.
    PCGS MS64+ 1934-S CAC
    Here is a link to the complete set. All PCGS & CAC with True-View photos.
    Please read the set description to see how this set came to be.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/dollars/peace-dollars-major-sets/peace-dollars-circulation-strikes-1921-1935-cac/alltimeset/204588
    Here is a link to the entire set with True-Views.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/dollars/peace-dollars-major-sets/peace-dollars-circulation-strikes-1921-1935-cac/imagegallery/204588

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance to win!

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Always love myself a contest. Thanks PCGS!

1899 Chihli Dollar - PCGS MS62

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first gold coin. And in a white rattler.
    Thanks for the chance at more gold!

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭

I really enjoy collecting Morgan dollars that have the eye appeal of PL or semi PL. Whether a coin has the designation, to me it is about the eye appeal that can drive my purchase.

79-CC MS63PL

81-S MS67+ CAC

85-CC MS66

92-CC MS65

Brian
This discussion has been closed.