Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Today I got my V75 American Silver Eagle! 😁

I’ve been waiting for this for a while so I wanted to share it with you guys. :)

Comments

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received mine yesterday. Beautiful coin.

• Options
    Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

@JBN said:

Absolutely!

I did the standard shipping and live on the West Coast so I’m guessing I am one of the last people to receive one.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBN said:

Absolutely!

I did the standard shipping and live on the West Coast so I’m guessing I am one of the last people to receive one.

Not quite the last. I did the standard shipping and live on the west West Coast and mine is still "Processing". If I am lucky I will see it in a week or two... So I would say you are doing well to have yours in hand. Looks like a nice Eagle.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping or flipping?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off to our host. Should be there by Monday according to the receipt

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Keeping or flipping?

Not sure yet. I don’t collect Silver Eagles but I got this one for such a good price ($83 for a proof!) that I might keep it.

But I might do a trade if someone has something I need for my own collection.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy!

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBN said:

Absolutely!

Not quite the last. I did the standard shipping and live on the west West Coast and mine is still "Processing". If I am lucky I will see it in a week or two... So I would say you are doing well to have yours in hand. Looks like a nice Eagle.

Ah ok I didn’t know that. Yeah it’s a beautiful coin!

From what I’ve read the US Mint only mails out small batches at a time so as to not overwhelm the postal service with say 75,000 packages in one day. I read they usually do 3,000-5,000 per day on business days only so no shipping on weekends.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Off to our host. Should be there by Monday according to the receipt

Nice congrats!

Keep in mind sometimes they are delivered early.

According to USPS mine wasn’t officially supposed to arrive until Monday the 16th. That was the expected delivery date on the USPS tracking website.

But I got it today.

Someone told me USPS doesn’t hold items for delivery and instead they get it there as fast as possible based on the service paid for. So if it’s 1-3 days they try their best to get it there in 1 day. If they can’t do it they try for 2. But they won’t hold it if they can get it there early like some postal services.

• Options

I figure hopefully it gets there to our host by Monday or Tuesday. Will take a couple days for it to be accepted into the system then regular service tier so give or take about 15 days, then time back so maybe three weeks till back with me

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    I figure hopefully it gets there to our host by Monday or Tuesday. Will take a couple days for it to be accepted into the system then regular service tier so give or take about 15 days, then time back so maybe three weeks till back with me

Unless you’re in another country I don’t think it will take anywhere near 3 weeks.

It only took mine 8 days from the moment I ordered it to the moment I had it in hand and I used the slowest shipping possible and live about as far away from where it was shipped from as you can get in the continental US.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

mgarmy did you send just the encapsulated coin for grading or sealed box?

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko Maybe you have something to trade that this young man might want? You needed this for your ASE collection?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine today. Did not open yet.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received mine, kinda small "V75" for all the hoopla. Keeping it and sending it in for grading soon.

• Options

@JBK said:
    What's that big spot to the right of Liberty? :D

You mean the V75? 😂

I don’t think gentle opening the box really matters. I didn’t take the ASE out of the holder so it’s still in the same condition as from the Mint.

The only thing I touched was the box and container and I washed my hands first so it’s not like I left any finger prints or caused any sort of damage or blemishes.

• Options

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    @ricko Maybe you have something to trade that this young man might want? You needed this for your ASE collection?

If he does I would definitely consider it.

I collect old (Pre-WW2) silver & gold American coins as well as Ancient silver & gold coins.

However I’m also willing to add to the V75 Silver if the coin offered is worth more.

I could add like a 1oz American Gold Eagle or something if the value of the coin is worth both.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBK said:

You mean the V75? 😂

I don’t think gentle opening the box really matters. I didn’t take the ASE out of the holder so it’s still in the same condition as from the Mint.

The only thing I touched was the box and container and I washed my hands first so it’s not like I left any finger prints or caused any sort of damage or blemishes.

Yes, the "V75". :* .

• Options

@JBK said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBK said:

You mean the V75? 😂

Yes, the "V75". :* .

I figure some people who collect Silver Eagles will consider the V75 to be essential to completing the Silver Eagle collection no?

Unless proofs don’t count.

• Options

I only collect proof ASE getting the coins, not that bad or expensive, getting them in 70 including the low mintage and the error in 70 was challenging

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    mgarmy did you send just the encapsulated coin for grading or sealed box?

I had a mid size usps priority box and the box for the ASE was bigger than the one they normally send but it fit so I did not even open it. It was snug in the USPS box, put in the paperwork, used threaded tape to lock it up and seal corners and it was gone.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gam3rBlake said:
    I figure some people who collect Silver Eagles will consider the V75 to be essential to completing the Silver Eagle collection no?

Or if someone is just doing a date set.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 6:08PM

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Mgarmy said:

Unless you’re in another country I don’t think it will take anywhere near 3 weeks.

It only took mine 8 days from the moment I ordered it to the moment I had it in hand and I used the slowest shipping possible and live about as far away from where it was shipped from as you can get in the continental US.

No I live in Va. I will be pleasantly surprised if I get it back sooner, hopefully with a 70 or else I am going to hemorrhage money trying to get one in 70. Took three try’s and four submissions(one crack out resubmit) to get the
    ERP to 70. Which sucked because everybody was pulling 70.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Mgarmy said:

No I live in Va. I will be pleasantly surprised if I get it back sooner, hopefully with a 70 or else I am going to hemorrhage money trying to get one in 70. Took three try’s and four submissions(one crack our resubmit) to get the
    ERP to 70. Which sucked because everybody was pulling 70.

Oooh you meant get it back from the grading company.

I thought you meant getting it from the US Mint.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

Or if someone is just doing a date set.

Date set? Like all 2020 ASEs? Aren’t there only like 3? Normal, Proof and V75.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

A date set would be one ASE for each year of issue. Starting in 1986 to the current year. Someone building the set could just fill their 2020 slot with the regular ASE if they couldn’t get the V75.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    A date set would be one ASE for each year of issue. Starting in 1986 to the current year. Someone building the set could just fill their 2020 slot with the regular ASE if they couldn’t get the V75.

Yeah that’s what I mean someone doing a date set could skip the V75 but if someone is doing a full ASE collection with all dates, mint marks and proofs they would want the V75 because it’s a legitimate ASE and you can’t say you have every ASE without it.

The American Gold Eagles I think would have a lower demand due to the fact that collecting every American Gold Eagle would cost tens of thousands of dollars and most people can’t afford that whereas collecting Silver Eagles is far less expensive and within the budget of most people.

You could probably collect all of them for under $10,000. Including all the rarest ones.

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't this for sale over on the BST?

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you enjoy your fake rarity.
    As far as I am concerned there is tons of negative karma surrounding your piece. May you keep it for a long time.

Of course, you can't stop yourself from commenting, you are so full of yourself.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

?

• Options

@USMarine6 said:
    Isn't this for sale over on the BST?

No. I had one a while ago but the deal fell through. When I posted it I didn’t have it in hand though. I just had the confirmation email.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:
    As far as I am concerned there is tons of negative karma surrounding your piece. May you keep it for a long time.

Of course, you can't stop yourself from commenting, you are so full of yourself.

? again

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 6:48PM

@Cameonut said:

So much salt 🧂. 😂

Fake rarity is still rarity. Just like the 2019 S Enhanced Proof and 1995-W are still valuable to collectors.

It may have negative karma for you personally but not for the other 99.999% of collectors. 🙄

Oh and I’m not going to stop participating on a forum just because you don’t like it. 😉

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@Cameonut said:

? again

Idk what he’s talking about.

It sounds to me like he’s just salty that I managed to get one and couldn’t help himself from leaving a nasty comment. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still trying to get one. Have it the cart but not fully processed. Another night to lose sleep, lol

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Batman23 said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBN said:

Absolutely!

From what I’ve read the US Mint only mails out small batches at a time so as to not overwhelm the postal service with say 75,000 packages in one day. I read they usually do 3,000-5,000 per day on business days only so no shipping on weekends.

USPS handles 143 billion pieces of mail a year. 75,000 packages is nothing for them.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'm still trying to get one. Have it the cart but not fully processed. Another night to lose sleep, lol

KEEP trying until sold out

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@philographer said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Batman23 said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@JBN said:

Absolutely!

USPS handles 143 billion pieces of mail a year. 75,000 packages is nothing for them.

That’s just what I read. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe it has to do with the Mint not being able to package 75,000 of them in one day. Afterall it does take time to put something in a package.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Are they still selling them? 😯

• Options

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

until the mint states that it is sold out, there are more to be had. It is not about profit to me
    so adjust attitude :) to a very very positive one about a chance at purchasing one, and hopefully you will. Doubt always ends the same: disappointment
    This is the first time that I was able to actually get a limited in silver but I had chances to order both golds but did not as I did not want them as I am not a flipper or sell coins so I did not hit the final confirm button. Sad but true for many of you. I wanted those who wanted or needed it to have the chance to own one. Life to me is not about making a profit. I am only a lowly collector. I DO NOT SELL COINS! I do not have hard feelings against they that do.
    Good luck in your refreshing button.

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@Gam3rBlake said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

until the mint states that it is sold out, there are more to be had. It is not about profit to me
    so adjust attitude :) to a very very positive one about a chance at purchasing one, and hopefully you will. Doubt always ends the same: disappointment
    This is the first time that I was able to actually get a limited in silver but I had chances to order both golds but did not as I did not want them as I am not a flipper or sell coins so I did not hit the final confirm button. Sad but true for many of you. I wanted those who wanted or needed it to have the chance to own one. Life to me is not about making a profit. I am only a lowly collector. I DO NOT SELL COINS! I do not have hard feelings against they that do.
    Good luck in your refreshing button.

Ah ok I gotcha.

I’m not really a “flipper” or reseller but I think it’s fair game to trade coins for other coins. That was my plan with this one.
    Yeah I had a gold one in my bag too but then when I submitted my payment the site banned me and by the time the ban was over it was long gone.

I still have it in my cart! 😂

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 9:06PM

I tried myself and didn't get it but I don't hold anyone with bad feelings towards them for getting one. To me, that is silly! I tried and lost, no big deal. I had them from 1986 to 2004 and then they were gone and I haven't tried to buy them since. I had some nicely toned ones and most were graded 70 too. Oh well........I will not say what I want to. I am glad you got yours and I am happy for everyone else that got one!

Ken
  • Options

@bearcave said:
    I tried myself and didn't get it but I don't hold anyone with bad feelings towards them for getting one. To me, that is silly! I tried and lost, no big deal. I had them from 1986 to 2004 and then they were gone and I haven't tried to buy them since. I had some nicely toned ones and most were graded 70 too. Oh well........I will not say what I want to. I am glad you got yours and I am happy for everyone else that got one!

Thanks! :)

I’m glad you’re one of those people who doesn’t hold other people’s good luck against them.

I feel the same way about the V75 Gold Eagle.

Yeah I had it in my bag and only missed out due to the website banning me but I don’t hold any sort of grudge against the people who got one.

Everyone has lucky moments and some got lucky this time but maybe others will next time.

Either way it’s not like it’s a $10,000 coin or anything. Anyone who really wants a V75 Silver Eagle can still get one at a somewhat reasonable price. $400-$500 isn’t too bad considering how much other key date coins cost.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

The Coin Vault was selling the silver V75 OGP or PF69 for $900 last night. Mine came today so it will be off to our hosts probably Monday. Only 2 coins have been graded by PCGS: one 69 and one 70. Good luck to everyone sending one in.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you were only going to have one silver eagle in your collection that would certainly be a nice pick!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

@kiyote said:
    If you were only going to have one silver eagle in your collection that would certainly be a nice pick!

Yeah I agree. I’ve always been interested in learning about WW2 so having a 75th anniversary one is probably the best one for me.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 11:59PM

@GiveMeProof said:
    The Coin Vault was selling the silver V75 OGP or PF69 for $900 last night. Mine came today so it will be off to our hosts probably Monday. Only 2 coins have been graded by PCGS: one 69 and one 70. Good luck to everyone sending one in.

Really?? They’re selling on Ebay for like $500.

Pretty sure anyone who sent one in without touching it would grade 69-70 no?

I mean they did come straight from the Mint so if no one takes it out of the capsule it comes in they should be a PF69-70.

I don’t think I’ll send mine in though. I know a lot of people prefer them in OGP.

• Options

@Gam3rBlake said:
    >

Ah ok I gotcha.

I’m not really a “flipper” or reseller but I think it’s fair game to trade coins for other coins. That was my plan with this one.
    Yeah I had a gold one in my bag too but then when I submitted my payment the site banned me and by the time the ban was over it was long gone.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about what you do with your coin. It's yours. You can sell it for crack if you want. it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

• Options

@CoinMeUp said:

@Gam3rBlake said:
    >

Ah ok I gotcha.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about what you do with your coin. It's yours. You can sell it for crack if you want. it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

Well I mean as a collector myself I would be frustrated too if people with no interest in coins were buying them just to flip and make a profit.

It only inflates the price for real collectors and I feel like that takes away from the fun of collecting.

I was actually going to dodge the household limit and buy several of them for myself using my parent’s house, my grandparent’s house, my girlfriends house, my uncles house etc.,

But then I realized I would be no better than the people who use bots and that I would be taking something from the people who just wanted one for themselves because they like it.

That’s just my opinion on the matter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file