Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

V75 ASE secondary market value in a few years estimates?

V75 ASE secondary market value in a few years estimates! Let's hear them.

Error Ref editor

Comments

• Options
    PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

1.1x their bullion value.

• Options

@PQueue said:

You don't believe it can be compared to the 100K mintage ASE from 2011 or 2012? It's worth around $225 raw.

Error Ref editor

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ASE - $500 - it's a new type of ASE with privy mark with a relatively low mintage
    The AGE - $10,000 a mintage of 1945 for a popular modern is an ultra rarity.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a prognosticator, I'm a flipper at any price. :joy:

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why wait two years? Take your profit now and move on to the next "flipper" issue.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shaney777 said:

@PQueue said:

You don't believe it can be compared to the 100K mintage ASE from 2011 or 2012? It's worth around $225 raw.

Did you want to hear opinions from others, or did you want to state yours?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s an artificial rarity but with a mintage higher than many 19th century proof coins. There are a lot of people interested in WWII for various reasons that will sustain the value for a while but will there be the same interest in 5 or 10 years? I tend to think not. But maybe in 25 years when it’ll be 100 years it may be in demand.

Just my 2c worth and I haven’t stayed in any branded hotel recently.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

The privy I don't think adds value, the mintage does. Lots of RCM/Perth privy stuff, adds a couple bucks but it's overdone now.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

For collectors it is a necessary evil. You need it to complete the run

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 7:37AM

@Mgarmy said:

Is it a part of the PCGS and ATS ASE Registry Sets?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@shaney777 said:

@PQueue said:

Why not both?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shaney777.... Welcome aboard. It will have short term flipper value in the low to mid hundreds - maybe even higher the first week or two. Then it will stabilize for a couple of years, and then dip further. As the Greatest Generation disappears, the value will erode. At the 100 year mark there could be some revived interest, but the new issue then from the mint will overshadow it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:
    It’s an artificial rarity ....

Yup. Just like the 1894-S dime, the 1913 Liberty nickel and many other coins.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@shaney777 said:

@PQueue said:

I am more offering a sensible pushback to hear an explanation of why he thinks the coin will basically be worthless later.

Error Ref editor

• Options

@ricko said:
    @shaney777.... Welcome aboard. It will have short term flipper value in the low to mid hundreds - maybe even higher the first week or two. Then it will stabilize for a couple of years, and then dip further. As the Greatest Generation disappears, the value will erode. At the 100 year mark there could be some revived interest, but the new issue then from the mint will overshadow it. Cheers, RickO

Thank you for the greeting! :-)

Error Ref editor

• Options

@291fifth said:
    Why wait two years? Take your profit now and move on to the next "flipper" issue.

I plan to keep it indefinitely but won't buy unless it's going to be a good investment.

Error Ref editor

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I'm not a prognosticator, I'm a flipper at any price. :joy:

Free money!

Error Ref editor

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shaney777 said:

@291fifth said:

I plan to keep it indefinitely but won't buy unless it's going to be a good investment.

Collector coins are not a good "investment."

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@Zoins said:

@Mgarmy said:

Is it a part of the PCGS and ATS ASE Registry Sets?

Will let you know if I get one

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@TurtleCat said:

I don’t think those two are artificial rarities of the same ilk as this one.

• Options

@shaney777 said:

@291fifth said:

Generally speaking, coins can be a terrible investment. The bulk of the value will always be about gold. If gold ever goes down substantially you’ll lose a lot of value in the coin. Of course, if it goes up you’ll gain value. Since it’s starting at a pretty high premium to spot price it has some drag before it’ll be profitable long term I suspect.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:09AM

@TurtleCat said:

@PerryHall said:

@TurtleCat said:

Yes, they are different. The mintages are much lower and they weren't official releases.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:09AM

@Zoins said:

@TurtleCat said:

@PerryHall said:

@TurtleCat said:

Yes, they are different. The mintages are much lower and they weren't official releases.

They were fantasy pieces, IMO, and like other 19th century coins created to enrich those who made them or a select group of insiders. Hence the extra 1804 dollars, certain proofs, restrikes, etc.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:11AM

@TurtleCat said:

@Zoins said:

@TurtleCat said:

@PerryHall said:

@TurtleCat said:

They were fantasy pieces, IMO, and like other 19th century coins created to enrich those who made them or a select group of insiders. Hence the extra 1804 dollars, certain proofs, restrikes, etc.

Well, the Mint Superintendent's daughter got 3 of the dimes and spent one on ice cream. I doubt that will happen with these.

These at least are official issues, but prices are ruled by mintages.

• Options

@Zoins said:
    Well, the Mint Superintendent's daughter got 3 of the dimes and spent one on ice cream. I doubt that will happen with these.

Nope, not likely to happen. The pricing will ultimately depend on how many people want to own this. In 5 years will that be >1945 people? That’s what it’ll take to keep the price high. Everyone has their own system to evaluate value, though.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:27AM

@TurtleCat said:

@Zoins said:

Nope, not likely to happen. The pricing will ultimately depend on how many people want to own this. In 5 years will that be >1945 people? That’s what it’ll take to keep the price high. Everyone has their own system to evaluate value, though.

It's still ruled by mintage. With the 1913 nickel, you only need 4 people. 2 to hold and 2 to bid, but the mechanics are the same and based on mintage.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

@Ricko, my question is, should you flip as is or get it certified hoping for MS70 grade raising the value? I think i's worth too.. Thoughts? Thanks Joe

• Options

My two cents: I asked the question about if you get these should you invest in certification with the potential the MS70 will command a better return.

But I think in general both the silver and goal will be a good investment as some will not get one, high potential to sell out and just simple supply and demand...

Look at the v75 quarters, I have made a great return selling them just because of the privy mark. This will be a one and only and with the reverse change next year, I believe value - Could be wrong

Buy low, sell high, keep what you cherish. Good luck to all, Joe

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @Ricko, my question is, should you flip as is or get it certified hoping for MS70 grade raising the value? I think i's worth too.. Thoughts? Thanks Joe

You can hope all you want for an MS70 grade, but these coins are proofs ;)

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Joe_360 said:

I guess I don't get your reply, I know that they are proof which means they could come back at 69 or 70 o there risk - 70 wil command much more return...

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Joe_360 said:

I guess I don't get your reply, I know that they are proof which means they could come back at 69 or 70 o there risk - 70 wil command much more return...

Proofs are PR69, PR70 big difference than MS69 and MS70 I believe is what @PocketChange is referring too.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:57AM

He means they would come back pf 70 if lucky vice ms 70

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

75k mintage?
    I would bet right around $300

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@Danno44 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Joe_360 said:

Proofs are PR69, PR70 big difference than MS69 and MS70 I believe is what @PocketChange is referring too.

I still don't understand, complete understand the difference between 69 and 70, HENCE why I asked should you just flip as is or get invest in getting the coin certified. Real it's a simple question...

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@Danno44 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Joe_360 said:

I still don't understand, complete understand the difference between 69 and 70, HENCE why I asked should you just flip as is or get invest in getting the coin certified. Real it's a simple question...

You are misunderstanding the post...there is a big difference between MS 70 and PF 70, MS 69 and PF 69. This is what he was calling out. If you buy a proof coin, and it comes back with an MS grade, you should be very concerned.

• Options

@matt_dac said:

@Joe_360 said:

@Danno44 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Joe_360 said:

You are misunderstanding the post...there is a big difference between MS 70 and PF 70, MS 69 and PF 69. This is what he was calling out. If you buy a proof coin, and it comes back with an MS grade, you should be very concerned.

Sorry, I just always say MS, understand that it's a Proof. My question was to cert or not to cert and just flip....

• Options

I cannot see how a pf 70 would not sell more than raw

• Options

Got the order confirmation for silver. In shock!

Error Ref editor

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will never be worth just bullion. The unique V75 privy mark, and the relatively low mintage, will always make it a premium priced SAE. It will always be needed in a complete set.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:

@Zoins said:

Not the question. I'm sure it will be at least 10,000 people. Question is will it be >1945 people at, say, a 20% premium to bullion. On that I have no idea. People love to stack gold. People don't love to pay premiums to do it.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

The silver version will settle to the 2-300 dollar range and never imo be a bullion piece. The gold version who knows, the super low mintage will keep it at lofty levels for some time.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Presale silver pf 70’s on eBay for over a grand as predicted. So much for the naysayers

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Presale silver pf 70’s on eBay for over a grand as predicted. So much for the naysayers

thats ridiculous - panic buying at those prices - people need some patience - no way those levels maintain, the mintage is too high to carry that cost

• Options
    edited November 6, 2020 6:33AM

It all depends on the number of 70’s. If like the ERP which was 70 heavy you are 100% correct.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file