Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another eBay question

TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

I won an auction on eBay but immediately afterward the seller canceled my order, saying there was a problem with my address. I sent a message asking about it since I know my address is correct. The seller replied that he didn’t get a high enough price so he canceled it. I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Bill
witty quote goes here

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Report the seller to ebay here.

Mention the message where he "didn't get a high enough price." Ebay can see all messages.

this

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller is a jerk. But ultimately not much you can do, other than to report him.

He probably used the address excuse with ebay to justify the cancelation.

• Options

@JBK said:
    Seller is a jerk. But ultimately not much you can do, other than to report him.

He probably used the address excuse with ebay to justify the cancelation.

I wonder if eBay ever checks the addresses when they get that notification. After all, a real address problem might indicate a potential problem.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it feasible to buy something inexpensive from this seller and then leave a negative? >:)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay can't force the seller to sell an item.
    They will do nothing to the seller. There are bigger fish to fry.
    If they won't take any action against a seller that sells counterfeits and then offers to sell outside ebay they aren't going to do anything because someone canceled a listing.
    Move on and don't buy from them in the future. ;)

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Is it feasible to buy something inexpensive from this seller and then leave a negative? >:)

Better yet, buy something expensive, pay, and then request cancellation yourself. Or take delivery and then SNAD him.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Ebay can't force the seller to sell an item.
    They will do nothing to the seller. There are bigger fish to fry.
    If they won't take any action against a seller that sells counterfeits and then offers to sell outside ebay they aren't going to do anything because someone canceled a listing.
    Move on and don't buy from them in the future. ;)

ignore this.
    report seller.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 6:41PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Better yet, buy something expensive, pay, and then request cancellation yourself. Or take delivery and then SNAD him.

And heavy...so he has to pay tons in return shipping. ;)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

+100! I've given so much stuff away when I did 99 cent start auctions it just P O's me when I see sellers like this. Hang the sucker out to dry and really think of the worst neg you can give him.

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:
    Report the seller to ebay here.

Mention the message where he "didn't get a high enough price." Ebay can see all messages.

this

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is nasty, however, unlikely you can do anything about it. I would definitely report it to ebay with all the details. Then expose the seller here (if it was a coin), so we can all ignore his sales. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020 7:09AM

The last 2 sales one cancellation buyer citing “mistake” and other non payment after 2 days both items in $150 range. And this after a 7 day sales drought. Payment has almost always been rather immediate.

As far as your seller very rare probably somebody inexperienced with auctions. I honor all of my auctions no matter how disappointed may be with result sometimes. In your event I would just move on and not buy / bid on his stuff.

During summer doldrums be prepared to take a hit on auctions or start at a price your comfy with.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

if a sale is canceled by the seller, can you give that seller Negative feedback?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file