Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another eBay question

TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

I won an auction on eBay but immediately afterward the seller canceled my order, saying there was a problem with my address. I sent a message asking about it since I know my address is correct. The seller replied that he didn’t get a high enough price so he canceled it. I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Bill
witty quote goes here

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Report the seller to ebay here.

Mention the message where he "didn't get a high enough price." Ebay can see all messages.

this

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller is a jerk. But ultimately not much you can do, other than to report him.

He probably used the address excuse with ebay to justify the cancelation.

• Options

@JBK said:
    Seller is a jerk. But ultimately not much you can do, other than to report him.

He probably used the address excuse with ebay to justify the cancelation.

I wonder if eBay ever checks the addresses when they get that notification. After all, a real address problem might indicate a potential problem.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it feasible to buy something inexpensive from this seller and then leave a negative? >:)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay can't force the seller to sell an item.
    They will do nothing to the seller. There are bigger fish to fry.
    If they won't take any action against a seller that sells counterfeits and then offers to sell outside ebay they aren't going to do anything because someone canceled a listing.
    Move on and don't buy from them in the future. ;)

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Is it feasible to buy something inexpensive from this seller and then leave a negative? >:)

Better yet, buy something expensive, pay, and then request cancellation yourself. Or take delivery and then SNAD him.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Ebay can't force the seller to sell an item.
    They will do nothing to the seller. There are bigger fish to fry.
    If they won't take any action against a seller that sells counterfeits and then offers to sell outside ebay they aren't going to do anything because someone canceled a listing.
    Move on and don't buy from them in the future. ;)

ignore this.
    report seller.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 6:41PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Better yet, buy something expensive, pay, and then request cancellation yourself. Or take delivery and then SNAD him.

And heavy...so he has to pay tons in return shipping. ;)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

+100! I've given so much stuff away when I did 99 cent start auctions it just P O's me when I see sellers like this. Hang the sucker out to dry and really think of the worst neg you can give him.

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:
    Report the seller to ebay here.

Mention the message where he "didn't get a high enough price." Ebay can see all messages.

this

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is nasty, however, unlikely you can do anything about it. I would definitely report it to ebay with all the details. Then expose the seller here (if it was a coin), so we can all ignore his sales. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020 7:09AM

The last 2 sales one cancellation buyer citing “mistake” and other non payment after 2 days both items in $150 range. And this after a 7 day sales drought. Payment has almost always been rather immediate.

As far as your seller very rare probably somebody inexperienced with auctions. I honor all of my auctions no matter how disappointed may be with result sometimes. In your event I would just move on and not buy / bid on his stuff.

During summer doldrums be prepared to take a hit on auctions or start at a price your comfy with.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

if a sale is canceled by the seller, can you give that seller Negative feedback?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file