Home Sports Talk

Athlete's you don't like?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any athlete's past or present that you can't stand?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2020 11:44AM

I don't really care for Odell Beckham. I hated that stupid looking hair he had, I didn't know whether to laugh at his hair or cook it and serve it for dinner.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eli Manning and Arod. 100% cannot stand either one and it’s not even debatable

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

claude lemieux , dale hunter, ulf samuelson lots in hockey

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jose Bautista

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

bill laimbeer

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just the ones who make more money than I do.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t like Reggie Jackson in Naked Gun; mostly because he was trying to kill the queen.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Sergio Garcia is a hard guy to like...

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

An impressive list of jerks, well done!!

• 80sRockNut80sRockNut Posts: 67 ✭✭

Any Bertuzzi that has ever played for the RedWings. GoAVs

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I didn’t like Reggie Jackson in Naked Gun; mostly because he was trying to kill the queen.

But you gotta like Mr October overall though being a Yankee guy??

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

But you gotta like Mr October overall though being a Yankee guy??

Yes

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Nice card Tim 👍

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that OBJ is really hard to like. Additionally, I just can't stand LeBron James. Ughh

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@estang said:
    Sergio Garcia is a hard guy to like...

While I like the Spanish fire in his game, similar to guys like Seve, he seems to channel his into choking at critical moments. I think Jon Rahm is heading more the path of Seve, but has had a few Sergio moments.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would not surprise me to see LeBron James run for president in 2024 or 2028.

If so it will be interesting to see how he handles the rough and tumble of politics.

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2020 5:52AM

@SanctionII said:
    It would not surprise me to see LeBron James run for president in 2024 or 2028.

If so it will be interesting to see how he handles the rough and tumble of politics.

I used to think that about Tiger Woods. Before his scandal & Obama coming onto the scene, he had a presence about him. Tiger's father predicted bigger things for him than just golf.

I cannot envision LeBron running for president. Mainly because of how poorly he's handled his departures from city to city, and how it appears he will run coaches out of town.

I do believe that we will see a run of famous people running for office in the next 25 years. I'm sure Vegas has lines that you can bet on these things...

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Draymond Green

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like any of them.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chris Evert, Billie Jean King

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• I can't stand Yadier Molina, Bryce Harper, Eli Manning, and LeBron James.

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Eli Manning is as unlikable as his brother Peyton is likable...it's weird

• Reggie jackson

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DMasci said:

As a Patriots I don’t have much use for either one of them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can this list be complete without Colin Kaepernick? I would rather be down wind from a pig sty than watch him play.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2020 6:28PM

Bulldog Bob , David Ortiz and Labron James. Back in the day I did like Reggie Jackson but I do like him now Forgot to add Robinson Cano for not picking Billy Butler in the HR derby after he said he would in the 2012 ASG

@BillJones said:
    How can this list be complete without Colin Kaepernick? I would rather be down wind from a pig sty than watch him play.

Very good point 👍👍

@DMasci said:

Another great point! I always like Peyton, even when he was with Indy and was battling the Pats for the AFC.