Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My bank ROCKS!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, not only my bank allows me to receive coin rolls via their drive- thru, but today, literally minutes ago, I thought I'd try something? Well, guess what, it worked!

Yes! Straight through the drive-thru window. Lol
Knowing about this new Lincoln Cent variety, 2018d double ear, I thought to give it a try. First time looking through any sort of bank box for quite some time.
Wish me luck guys. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    mcarney1173mcarney1173 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look out for the Wide AM varieties of 1998-2000. I found a 1999 Wide AM in change about 10 years ago and it graded AU58 at ANACS. Sold it for about $100

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    I wouldn't expect them to be as helpful when(if) you bring them back.

I've been exchanging all my searched coins through the ole famous, " Coin Star" machine. Lol Sure, they charge but I'm desperate. It's not too bad of a cut.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you have a few hours of fun ahead ..... Good luck in your search....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a fun project while sheltering in place. Let us know what you find of interest or value.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

My CU has a coinstar machine, as long as I give them the receipt and deposit the funds there is no fee. Several banks offer that service. Bank of America accepts rolls, even offered me some sleeves but I passed.

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

But it's a whole lot easier to just buy pre-1933 gold... :#

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found one roll of 2018 d and the clear ones are 2012 d. Let me know if you want, I'll start the bidding at 0.50 cents per roll plus shipping :D

• Options

Just to be sure. I also check close-up for the 2018p's and the 2019's for any "Double Ears" as well. You never know, right? ;)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were you wearing a mask and did you ask the teller in a very demanding tone? :o

• Options

@JBK said:
    Were you wearing a mask and did you ask the teller in a very demanding tone? :o

Hey, no wonder! Lol 🤣

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, are your hands gonna stink! ;)

• Options

A Colorful find!

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    FYI, there is no service fee If You take the amount in Amazon gift cards. Peace Roy

Exactly what I do.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ask the tellers for customer wrapped rolls and not fed rolls for the higher quality coins, otherwise drive on. These will either be completely gone through or not at all. And you'll know within the first couple of rolls by the presence of more copper, higher grades, and 2009's, Good luck!

• Options

Approx. 15 rolls in. No " double ear" yet, but doubled the amount of wheaties. 40 now. Two 1944d's. One, is worth examining more closely. Possible D/S? Fingers crossed. Lol

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Good luck! The thrill of the hunt can be so exciting.

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    CoinshowmanCoinshowman Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    I wouldn't expect them to be as helpful when(if) you bring them back.

That's where Coinstar machines come in to play. Cash them in for a no-fee Starbucks gift card - from the OP picture you're a Starbucks fan already. This way you don't need to re-roll them.

Successful Forum transactions in the last couple of years with: jwitten, liefgold, goldcoin98. Older transactions with shortrgapbob, abitofthisabitofthat, Duxbutt, Morgansforever, Elkevvo, Dunerlaw, Pwrful4, Billet7, AUandAG, pragmaticgoat, MPLunatic, Rob41281, holeinone1972, AnkurJ, OregonCityGold, Inditonka, Colorfulcoins, cohodk, Mission16, kieferscoins
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

40 wheatstalks in 15 rolls is good going IMHO. Continued good luck with your box.

• Options
    edited May 19, 2020 11:08AM

Getting in the lower years!

This one got me excited for exactly ONE second! Lol

Another one.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one big box'o'germs

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll stay away from your bank.

I have enough rocks already. ;)

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2020 10:32AM

Half way through (25 rolls) was able to complete a full roll of wheaties. Also, an interesting 1959d. Possible ddd or even a dddd RPM? Have to use my scope later. Thanks

Here are some close-ups. What can I use to try to remove that debris around the mint mark?

• Options
    edited May 20, 2020 12:19PM

Going into my 26th roll. I can not believe this! 4 wheaties! One roll, and two of them are 1955d's. Lol I dunno, this is FUN. After this box, I might check out some Jeffy's?

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be a long time before you get another box like that!

enjoy

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    edited May 20, 2020 11:43PM

Color

100 Years Old

D/D?

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool Camera...
    Now take the plastic piece or tri-pod and throw it out to say. follow this..
    .One part, computer.
    Two part, large smart TV (color)
    One part, $20.00 online camera purchase.
    One part papertowel dispencer...$1.00 ( to use as a tower tripode, up and down. C clamp to mount camera on tower and sponge to protect the camera. (Sponge placement is paramont)
    Now the hunt becomes very interesting.
    Fun Facts are Closer than in hand.
    Very easy to navagate the set up.

• Options
    edited May 22, 2020 6:31PM

Two more interesting ones.

• Options

Joey...
    Need a hand asap!
    We have the same camera .
    How or what setting are you using to capture the whole coin.
    Very important.
    Thanks

• Options

This is just from my Phone. Lol
    Android Galaxy :)

• Options

If you find a way let me know, please?

• Options
    edited May 22, 2020 9:08PM

After you shoot the picture, capture it, then
    use the "edit" on the phone. Then you can zoom any size around the coin. Then hit "save".

• Options

Don't you have a micro cam?
    That's the one I'm referring too.

• Options
    edited May 22, 2020 11:47PM

Just 5 rolls left! No, haven't come across the new "Double Ear" 2018d Cent yet. Probably not going to. It probably hasn't hit central U.S. yet? Who knows? Anyway, I did happen to come across many other interesting coins though. Also, just about to complete a second roll of wheaties in the box. 5 wheaties short of the second roll. The journey was exciting and yes, dirty hands as well. Lol. Worth the fun. I'll let you guy's know if I find anything else in the final 5 rolls. Thanks ;)

• Options

emeraldATV, PM me to talk about picture taking. Thanks :)

• Options
    edited May 23, 2020 7:13AM

Found today in my very last of the rolls. 1981d. Looking pretty close to a PL?

I'm not saying this is similar but...

This coin auctioned for over $5000

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file