The forum needs a little humor.

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII Now that's funny! B)

Ken
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also remember a joke I heard when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. The joke was about scientists who wanted to do study involving an elephant, a cork in its backside for 20 years and a monkey who was trained to remove corks.

The punchline involved a scientist being interviewed by a reporter who asked what the scientist saw and the scientist saying all he saw was "the poor monkey trying to put the cork back in".

I remember laughing for a long time after hearing the punch line.

Fast forward to when my two sons were in 1st or 2nd grade. I told them the same joke and they also laughed a long time.

If I am blessed with grandsons, one day I may see my sons tell the same joke to them.

Definitely a joke for the male of the species.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2020 1:24PM

I heard that one as three farmers wanting to see how much a cow would poop if they stuck a cork up it's butt for a week. The monkey was trained to pull the cork out and at the designated time, with many of the local townsfolk out to watch and with the three farmers positioned in a triangle around the cow to judge for themselves, the monkey was given the signal to pull the cork. A reporter asked the first farmer "What did you see?". The first farmer responded "I saw piles and piles of poop!". The reporter then asked the second farmer "What did you see?". The second farmer responded "I saw mountains and mountains of poop!". The reporter then asked the third farmer "What did YOU see?". The third farmer responded "I saw the monkey trying to stick the cork back in."

• Options

@marcmoish Yep!

Ken
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    How is this thread allowed but my thread on my coin library was shut down for being OT.

You might be able to fly under the radar in the random picture thread.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options

@1Mike1 said:
    I left the bar feeling pretty good that early morning. Somewhere around 3am I started my way home. I live in a rural area so there's never nobody on the road. It was snowing so I was taking my time. That's when I noticed tire tracks in the snow in front of me. They were swerving all over the road, going completely off the road every now and then. I thought this SOB is more buzzed than I am, he's gonna kill himself. It was like he was playing chicken with the mailboxes, I was amazed I hadn't found him over an embankment. I continued to follow the tracks until I finally caught up to the newspaper man on his early morning route.

I thought you were going to say YOU! :)

Ken
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Mike1 said:

@Boosibri said:
    How is this thread allowed but my thread on my coin library was shut down for being OT.

You might be able to fly under the radar in the random picture thread.

Post them there, I want to see the progress.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2020 8:01AM

@Kirk222 said:

Really?

I once photoshopped one of my really dense co-workers into this meme. Everyone thought it was hysterical because it was spot on. I don't think she ever saw it.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    edited May 3, 2020 8:13AM

Good thing he had a helmet on!

Ken
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Sorry guys but I don't find a motorcyclist getting killed or very seriously injured to be humorous. :/

me too, hey Hammer pls remove it.........................

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr - That's terrific - thanks for sharing! The match between Jim Backus and George Washington is really spot on.
    And speaking of Jim Backus...this is a classic that I first heard on Dr. Demento:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdNbRvPU-E

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sister had a rough day today. She has asthma and today she was having a bad asthma attack. Just then the phone rang and it was an obscene caller. :|

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins

WOW, I think I see why they changed it! Talk about cringeworthy....

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IkesT said:
    @dcarr - That's terrific - thanks for sharing! The match between Jim Backus and George Washington is really spot on.
    And speaking of Jim Backus...this is a classic that I first heard on Dr. Demento:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdNbRvPU-E

That's just creepy!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file