Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Temporarily Closed

2»

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice SGCs response to the brief PSA closure? o:)

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Pretty insensitive on SGC’s part, but if you send cards there you can probably get them turned around in a week. They’ll only be worth 40% of a PSA slab though.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp, looks like PSA will be reclosing again tomorrow!

• Options

Must not be September yet.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    Welp, looks like PSA will be reclosing again tomorrow!

Yep. They just got mandated to close by the State.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never cared for the term non essential when discussing employment. It's anything but that if you're employed at a "non essential" and your paycheck handles your bills etc. This shelter in place deal. Good luck Gov, , you only get one shot at this.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I have not received any messages from PSA about any of this information. Has anyone?

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

No message received here from PSA either. However the executive order from the Governor of California makes it crystal clear that PSA will not be reopening as it is not an essential business.

I’m not worried about cards at the moment. I’m worried about keeping my family safe. May you all stay safe!

Matt

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@81 Topps Guy said:
    Pretty insensitive on SGC’s part, but if you send cards there you can probably get them turned around in a week. They’ll only be worth 40% of a PSA slab though.

Not quite, still took 9 biz days on a 5 card/5 day order. They were cards that PSA doesn't grade, so no real comparison on slabbed values.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

Closed again.

PackManInNC
  • Options

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:
    If it helps anyone, this won't be 'over' for a very long time. I would personally not expect PSA to re-open until September. It's more likely to be later than that date than sooner.

Nice call Casey.

This kind of fear mongering isn’t helping.

When you gloat just a little too soon...

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im glad they are doing this as there safety is important. I even do not care that a 200+ card order went into assembly on the 17th of this month. LOL

Hope all are safe and we get through this.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoopsies! I had an order all set and ready to go, and then the first notice about them being closed was posted. So, I held the box here for a day or two. Then the next notice came out saying they were back open so I took a chance and shipped it out. And then, the notice came out saying they were closed again. Oh well, nothing to be done about that. I wonder if they will have a PSA staff member periodically collect the shipments from their PO Box during closure even if they temporarily won't be logging subbed items, or, if their PO Box will reach capacity and possibly result in shipments being returned to senders? I suppose time will tell. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

• Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn I am in the same boat as you. Shipped off 50 cards this morning. Got the PSA email notification in the Post Office parking lot.

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:
    Whoopsies! I had an order all set and ready to go, and then the first notice about them being closed was posted. So, I held the box here for a day or two. Then the next notice came out saying they were back open so I took a chance and shipped it out. And then, the notice came out saying they were closed again. Oh well, nothing to be done about that. I wonder if they will have a PSA staff member periodically collect the shipments from their PO Box during closure even if they temporarily won't be logging subbed items, or, if their PO Box will reach capacity and possibly result in shipments being returned to senders? I suppose time will tell. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

All of the packages will be picked up and secured at the PSA office.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭

I still find myself checking on orders...hoping that some over zealous employee is sneaking in during the closing and getting orders out the door.

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

I guess I may never see those tickets that PSA has had since June of 2019 for another few months. At least they don't charge your credit card right away. Clearly they do not update their turn around times like they state they do.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

trying to envision what is going to happen when they reopen 2 or 3 months from now? There is already a huge backlog, and then people are all going to be racing to submit the cards they have accumulated for grading over the past few months -- uffda

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charrrigan said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:
    If it helps anyone, this won't be 'over' for a very long time. I would personally not expect PSA to re-open until September. It's more likely to be later than that date than sooner.

Nice call Casey.

Nah.

Just laughing at you trying to play medical expert and insist you know the outcome. None of us truly know the outcome. If PSA stays closed until September they and just about every business in this country will be in financial trouble or already bankrupt.

Business has no choice but to resume sooner or we are truly in 1929.

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:

Nice call Casey.

Nah.

Just laughing at you trying to play medical expert and insist you know the outcome. None of us truly know the outcome. If PSA stays closed until September they and just about every business in this country will be in financial trouble or already bankrupt.

If you read your post again, you'll realize that you laugh at predictions and then immediately provide your own.

What I posted was several links to medical experts. You have provided nothing.

Financial trouble? Umm, yeah. This is a global pandemic. Hello, Bueller!

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@81 Topps Guy said:

Not quite, still took 9 biz days on a 5 card/5 day order. They were cards that PSA doesn't grade, so no real comparison on slabbed values.

Yeah, I use SGC a lot for my personal cards, but I do buy PSA cards as well.. I've sold some SGC examples lately. Yes they do go for less, but it's def not 40% from my experience. If its a desirable card, it sells. I'd say 75% of PSA. Again, that's just my experience.

• Options

@charrrigan said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@charrrigan said:

Nice call Casey.

Nah.

If you read your post again, you'll realize that you laugh at predictions and then immediately provide your own.

What I posted was several links to medical experts. You have provided nothing.

Financial trouble? Umm, yeah. This is a global pandemic. Hello, Bueller!

If you think saying no one knows the outcome is a prediction so be it. They don’t.

Suggesting a five month shut down will bankrupt companies isn’t a prediction.

I am hoping for a positive outcome.

• Options

I too am hoping for a positive outcome, of course.

Suggesting that companies will stay open because bankruptcy is a greater threat than mass mortality from disease is a prediction, and a pretty rotten one at that.

If you read my original post, I also, of course, also preempted the inane concept that no one can know the future, so we should be blindly optimistic. There is clear scientific evidence and modeling, all of which point toward a sober assessment of reality and suggest we should plan accordingly.

To suggest as such is not fear-mongering, as you ignorantly put it, but a needed dose of reality for a public that has been largely unaware of the scope and duration of the challenge we face. I would go so far as to say that you are doing an active disservice to those that post here by sharing such opinions informed by nothing other than you own ill-conceived gut feeling.

Good day, sir.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 and @charrrigan... We are all speculating on this issue at this point and time will tell how things play out. It's about time for you two to split and go to your separate corners on this issue. Please do not take your dislike for each other to other threads, either.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

Agreed. For some reason, this guy wants to follow me around, quoting my posts, and then acting like I am bothering his readership. If you don't like something, move along. Everyone be well.

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:

Worse.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

I agree, Remedy Lane.

• Options

…...aaaanndd closed again. :(

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    @Dpeck100 and @charrrigan... We are all speculating on this issue at this point and time will tell how things play out. It's about time for you two to split and go to your separate corners on this issue. Please do not take your dislike for each other to other threads, either.

At least the moderator is still at work. Did PSA close the doors but locked you inside or are you working from home? ;)

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is Ebay still operating? Arn't they located in Cali?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@AFLfan said:

At least the moderator is still at work. Did PSA close the doors but locked you inside or are you working from home? ;)

I work from home in San Diego normally and roll up into the office every couple of weeks. It's about 90 miles away.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    How is Ebay still operating? Arn't they located in Cali?

Most tech companies here in NorCal at least (including eBay and most of the big names like Google, Facebook etc) are pretty much fully operational with employees working from home.

• Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

Sounds like some one is going to be physically removed soon

• Options

@bobmoat said:

A Bobmoat sighting

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

It is a lot deeper than cards, that is for sure. I am an employment lawyer who works solely on the employer side. My practice is in California. I have sadly had to help a few "non-essential" companies close shop for a while. Some have had to do immediate layoffs others have only been able to continue making payroll for a very short period of time. Unfortunately, I think I am going to have more clients that need this assistance. It is scary and tragic.

I am not an expert by any means but my sense is that we will face a closure of things at least through June. I would hope that the powers that be err on the side of caution. Again, this is simply my opinion and I have no idea if it will ring true or not.

Stay safe everyone,

Matt

• Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

@bobmoat said:

A Bobmoat sighting

who are you and why are you talking about me

• Options
    edited March 22, 2020 1:45PM

If the President tells Americans to stay home, no one who is a nonessential worker will be standing up against our military. PSA has closed shop. Quite honestly, I have no idea why this discussion should continue. Stay healthy and safe, everyone. 🇺🇸