Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What price do you think this stunning toner will close at?

Carson City toners seem to be elusive to my novice eyes. Its so hard to figure out how much toning premium they should receive compared to a common date. At what price do you think this 78cc toner will close at?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-TONING-1878-CC-PCGS-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Colorful-GEM-MS62-CC20/264578202073?hash=item3d9a16f9d9%3Ag%3ARPYAAOSwzwpdn0F8&LH_Auction=1

Not my auction nor am I affiliated to this seller in any way Just hoping to hear more experienced input.

Comments

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is a reverse toner and the color is not insane. It is actually kinda ugly in my opinion.

$425.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question.

• Options
    mikeemikee Posts: 10 ✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    Well, it is a reverse toner and the color is not insane. It is actually kinda ugly in my opinion.

$425.

I love the colors

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be willing to pay ~ $325 provided someone could dip the nasty AT off the reverse and get her re-slabbed first.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I don't care for the toning at all either. Current bid of $309 is close to maxed out in my opinion. I'll guess $340.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugly color imo, already overpriced to me.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

All toning is bad, IMO.

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like first year of issue coins. I think the toning is ok. But 62 grade will most likely be beat up on the obverse especially. I like this eagle reverse on the breast.

So, how much would some try and sell it for. ;) ok just kidding. Kind of.

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like pretty Morgans well enough, but this isn't one I'd be interested in owning.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fugly in my opinion and worth no premium to me.

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who cares, it's a Morgan for crying out loud!

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chichibangbang said:
    Carson City toners seem to be elusive to my novice eyes. Its so hard to figure out how much toning premium they should receive compared to a common date. At what price do you think this 78cc toner will close at?

[https://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-TONING-1878-CC-PCGS-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Colorful-GEM-MS62-CC20/264578202073?hash=item3d9a16f9d9%3Ag%3ARPYAAOSwzwpdn0F8&LH_Auction=1](http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575472167&toolid=10001&campid=5338461489&customid=&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FSTUNNING-TONING-1878-CC-PCGS-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Colorful-GEM-MS62-CC20%2F264578202073%3Fhash%3Ditem3d9a16f9d9%253Ag%253ARPYAAOSwzwpdn0F8%26LH_Auction%3D1)

Not my auction nor am I affiliated to this seller in any way Just hoping to hear more experienced input.

Ebay affiliate link
    @Skrill90 ?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not seeing anything that would warrant a premium.

• Options

@lusterlover said:
    Not my series but the 2 guys liking this coin have 6 total posts fwiw...

I “resemble” that....& your point is......??

• Options

@lusterlover said:

Are you implying/saying that there is a direct correlation between the # of posts here & numismatic tastes, numismatic knowledge??

• Options

My coin, but I have only 8 posts here

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it yours?

• Options

@Boosibri said:
    Is it yours?

The cc Morgan is not mine, but I love the reverse colors.

• Options

@Boosibri said:
    Is it yours?

The better question is, how many, if any poster(s) above have or will place a bid on the coin? Not I.

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭

@mikee said:

@lusterlover said:

Are you implying/saying that there is a direct correlation between the # of posts here & numismatic tastes, numismatic knowledge??

No disrespect intended. Just seems a little fishy that 2 new posters are championing a particular coin. We've seen this movie before. If it's truly a coincidence, then so be it. Nice dime btw.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

“BEST I EVER SEEN COLORFUL ON REVERSE TONING BREATH TAKEN RAINBOW COLORS”

Sorry, my breath wasn't taken away. And those images look tweaked too.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2019 8:45PM

@lusterlover said:

@mikee said:

@lusterlover said:

No disrespect intended. Just seems a little fishy that 2 new posters are championing a particular coin. We've seen this movie before. If it's truly a coincidence, then so be it. Nice dime btw.

:*

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

The best thing about this thread is the pictures of the dime, now that's the kind of toning I appreciate on silver coins, that is a beautiful coin, to bad there isn't a link to that sale, (if it is for sale that is...)

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

"BEST I EVER SEEN COLORFUL ON REVERSE TONING BREATH TAKEN RAINBOW COLORS"

I advise caution.
    Lance.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chichibangbang ....Welcome aboard....I do not care for tarnish in general, and that one is no exception. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

If my paycheck is high enough I might think about bidding on it.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee said:

@lusterlover said:

No, the implication would be that someone could have joined this forum just to hype the coin.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee said:

@DelawareDoons said:

$425.

I love the colors

It is borderline AT in my opinion.

It is also obvious you probably are selling the coin. So of course you like it.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last PCGS MS62 at Heritage fetched $310. I'd say this one is maxed out, and it is not a coin I would be excited to own.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it, but certainly not that much of a premium.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pity the coin is slabbed, can't put one of those things at the end of a roll.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome mikee!

Lots to learn here, the dime seems sweet but has chatter, cheek marks plus something above the 0 in the date.
    Good piece to try out our hosts and get graded? You'd learn a lot, share the grade, we'd love to hear it.

Re the OP, someone hawking a "stunning toner" 62 that obviously is nothing special, and stating “BEST I EVER SEEN COLORFUL ON REVERSE TONING BREATH TAKEN RAINBOW COLORS” is personally for me truly beyond nauseating, and likely insulting to the many true professionals in our midst here on this board.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file