Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Thanksgiving Giveaway 2019 #1 Winner has been posted

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 28, 2019 3:51AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

So this is my second giveaway. This is my way of getting to know some of you and to learn about what motivates other collectors. This is also to honor Thanksgiving, by thanking my fellow collectors for supporting the hobby and providing information to inquiring minds and giving someone a nice addition to their hobby and collection.
The prize will be given at random from the pot of entries. The prize will be one of three coin lots listed below.
Entry deadline is midnight 11-27-2019 PST.
To enter:
1) Start your post with Giveaway Entry to be entered into the drawing. Only one entry per person. You may post as many comments as you like, but you will only be entered for the drawing once.
2) Tell everyone what your favorite coin, coin series, or coin type you most enjoy collecting. Tell as much or as little as you like as long as it is a true story.
3) Choose your prize from the available selections. Clearly mark Prize #
4) Post.

The amount of information you share will not effect your chances of winning, this is a random draw.
The winner will be randomly drawn on 11-28-2019. I will message the winner after the drawing. I will cover shipping charges to the U.S., for international I will cover the first $10 of shipping anything over that will need compensation.

Prize #1)
Complete Littleton 20th Century Type Set Folder with Barber era coins in birth year slots.

Prize #2)
Near Complete Brilliant Uncirculated 1999-2020 Whitman Deluxe Quarter folders with Circulation Cent & Nickel Commemoratives and copper rounds with currency designs.

Prize #3)
Copper Bullion Mega Lot

Prize #4)
Exonumia and silver coin culls.

Comments

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Favorite series is the Roosevelt series. Its one that can be completed on an economy budget from a junk silver bin, small budget for a BU set, or large budget(in the registry world) and the silver portion tones beautifully!

• toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry.

I started my collection with a 20th Century Type Registry set which got to #5 before I broke it up for other interests. I am now working on Jefferson Nickels thru 1964. War Nickels are a special interest.

If I am selected, #1 would be great.

Thank you.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry #1

I grew up in Carson City and never gave a thought to there being a mint there as I could never afford them as a young child. But, 50 years later things changed and CC's became my passion. Not as active as I used to be as father time has slowed me down bunches...but love the forum and the members here.
    BST is the best, too.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 Giveaway Entry

I started off, like so many young people do, with Whitman Lincoln Cent and Jefferson Nickel folders. I never did complete one in its entirety from coins found in circulation and trips to my local coin shop. The dealer there, Delmer, suggested that I try the 20th Century Set for a change of scenery. That was probably the best suggestion that I have ever received, collecting different types instead of looking at the same design for decades. I step up to the 7070 Type set and have not looked back. Sharing my Type Set with others is almost as much fun as collecting the coins themselves.

Thank you for the opportunity on your giveaway!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 12:54AM

Giveaway entry

My favorite series is Waking Liberty Halves.
    I put together quite a nice collection from about 1977-1992 or so, proofs included, until I sold it.
    I kept one coin.
    Now as a dealer, I sell mostly Lincoln Cents, Jefferson Nickels, Roosies and high grade moderns.
    I love coins and they are a passion of mine which I doubt will ever diminish.
    Thank you for the giveaway opportunity.
    If a winner, I would select door #4.
    Thank you.

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019 3:43AM

Giveaway entry

Prize 1

I filled my Whitman 20th century type folder in the 70s when I was in elementary school. The bicentennial coins just came out, but there where no spaces for them in my album. Made for some tough choices, use my meager savings for more coins or buy a new folder?

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. I don't necessarily have a favorite series or coin, i collect coins for their nostalgia and history. I often sit and wonder what it would have been like to have lived when gold coins where in circulation. Prize #1. And thank you for the generous opportunity.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 to be given by you to a YN of your choice and thank you!

My favorite coin is my multi-hued arrows & rays seated half, PCGS OGH AU58. I also have a large high quality framed picture of it that’ is on my office wall. My collection is by type, but very small since I have limited means and prefer quality over quantity.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW! Nice Giveaway. Very generous.
    Here we go;My favorite coin is the Morgan Silver Dollar. I love the whole series! Pretty vast amount, Esp. if you include the CC's. As well as, all (my true favorite) Vams. The Morgan is historical and a huge coin in general. Think of all the places one Morgan could have traveled? Mostly, in the ole western days. Maybe even in the hands of Wild Bill H.? or Doc Holiday,etc...Even some of our founding fathers. Also, my own personal story concerning my Father. The Morgan Dollars that my Dad gave each of us kids when we were born. I have 4 other siblings. My Dad had personally engraved all our names and birthday into each Morgan we received. I sent mine in to PCGS to see if they would grade it or at least encase it for me. Well they DID! Along with my special title I requested, " Dad's Dollar". My Avatar. Thanks for the chance and my selection of prize would be #1. Cool Giveaway, dude. ;)B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

Prize #1

My latest favorites are Bust half dollars.

It is more than simply finding one of each date, but rather, finding the various die marriages.

The challenge is to find scarce or rare die marriages that are unattributed.

My favorite to date is an 1806 Overton that was listed as an R-6!

I have been able to pull several R-5's that clearly made my day.
    Especially since I was able to acquire them as common varieties.

But, sadly, collecting Busties is getting more & more popular and scarce varieties are getting harder & harder to find

Thanks for the contest.

Happy Bird Day to everyone.

Frank

BHNC #203

• JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry.

My favorites include Buffalo, Jefferson, Mercury and SLQ. I like other stuff too. I like plastic and raw. I like toned, blast white and "normal". I like business strikes. I like foreign coins. I like small, white ANACS holders. I like BN copper. I like ... coins. All true.

Prize # 2

Nice giveaway, very cool of you.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

Prize #1

I first got into coin collection in the mid 80's, I couldn't bring myself to spend a Kennedy half dollar as a kid so I kept them. My dad had a vending company so he collected a lot a change daily, I could always tell when he had a half dollar in his pocket by the clang of change in his pocket. One day I was at a local book store and I saw that they had some coin collecting supplies such as coin folders so I bought a one for a Kennedy half dollars. That's what started actual collecting by date and mint mark for me.

I'm currently working on a Indian head cent set in fine condition, old school style in a Whitman folder and also a PCGS AU55 matched set of Peace dollars.

My current favorite single coin is my 1921 Peace dollar high relief PCGS AU55, it has the right look that I'm searching for in my Peace dollar set.

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity and Happy Thanksgiving!

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry.
    My favorite series is the Walking Liberty half dollar because I love the elegance of Lady Liberty walking and the eagle on the back. I also like it since they are readily available. My next favorite series is the seared half.
    Thank you for the giveaway!

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 4:55AM

Give away entry!!

I have been collecting for over one year (1 year anniversary on CU coming up). I’m working on three PCGS Set Registries. A Kennedy Basic silver set (complete). A 1909-1958 Lincoln Cent (about 28%). An a Franklin 1948-1963 (just started have one coin). I’m obsessed with silver. I pick up what ever I can whenever I can.

I’ll take prize #4 please

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

giveaway entry

I only recently started collecting coins. I was always a sports memorabilia collector but found the varieties and history of coins intriguing . I don't have a favorite coin or set as of yet. I am just trying to get familiar with all as i collect.
    Thanks for the opportunity.
    Prize #1

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 5:24PM

Giveaway Entry

Wow very generous of you! I love type collecting! Nothing cooler than looking at an album with a bunch of different coins to talk about! I started my Dansco 7070 in July of 2014 and "finished" it in May of 2018. Always upgrading.

Prize #1 for me, if I win! Will be a great start for a 7070 for one of my kids!

• CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you to everyone who has shared so far. There is a nice variety of collectors here. I see a few of you have 7070 sets, I too am working on a 7070. I am filling the holes with the most unique versions of each I can find, so far I mostly have regular circulation strikes for the older coins, but the modern coin(1960's to date) I have toned, colored, proof, and key date coins. I do not have the page for the gold coins.

• If I win you can send what ever you like. My grandfather started my love for coins by helping me collect state quarters and National State Park quarters now my favorite coins to collect are pennies. I have more then I could possibly describe.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

I started with the non silver US classics such as Buffalo nickels and Indian head pennies. But now I am more interested in older US type coins. My favorite as of now are the Capped bust coins. Really nice design that I really like.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• I've almost completed the state quarters. I do a lot of coin roll searching

@Calvinhardiman said:
    I've almost completed the state quarters. I do a lot of coin roll searching

I just got the last one in BU for my set this year. It was the Guam P. Now I'm going for all proof and silver proofs by going to shows for individual coins and getting mixed rolls of silver proofs from bullion sellers. I figure that just cracking them out of proof sets myself is too easy.

• Give Away Entry# 2

MadMike5151 → CollectorBonEZ
    Giveaway Entry #2

I grew up in Pennsylvania and knew that I loved Lincoln cents more than any other coin on the planet, don't ask me why...lol. Now some 60 years later I have some time to myself besides working and love to look at through electronic enhanced microscope at the intricacies of coins, so many errors and differences to look at. Technology in this part is wonderful. I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do...I'm going to send in my first coins for grading to PCGS very soon, I've found a MS BU 1963 D FS Lincoln cent business strike that, to me, just very well may be a 67, hoping. Thanks for this giveaway in hopes it does enhance coin collecting for the younger generation stuck looking at their phones, maybe they'll switch to staring through a microscope at a joyous treasure found...Peace!

• @CollectorBonEZ said:

@Calvinhardiman said:
    I've almost completed the state quarters. I do a lot of coin roll searching

I just got the last one in BU for my set this year. It was the Guam P. Now I'm going for all proof and silver proofs by going to shows for individual coins and getting mixed rolls of silver proofs from bullion sellers. I figure that just cracking them out of proof sets myself is too easy.

I should try to get all the silver. I think you just started my next task.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MadMike5151 said:
    Give Away Entry# 2

MadMike5151 → CollectorBonEZ
    Giveaway Entry #2

I grew up in Pennsylvania and knew that I loved Lincoln cents more than any other coin on the planet, don't ask me why...lol. Now some 60 years later I have some time to myself besides working and love to look at through electronic enhanced microscope at the intricacies of coins, so many errors and differences to look at. Technology in this part is wonderful. I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do...I'm going to send in my first coins for grading to PCGS very soon, I've found a MS BU 1963 D FS Lincoln cent business strike that, to me, just very well may be a 67, hoping. Thanks for this giveaway in hopes it does enhance coin collecting for the younger generation stuck looking at their phones, maybe they'll switch to staring through a microscope at a joyous treasure found...Peace!

Good luck with the 63-D.
    The coin has a huge spread from 66 to 67, and only has a population of 3 coins in 67.
    Your coin will need to be all there, that is, virtually flawless, to get the 7 grade.
    When a coin has population numbers like this, your coin has to be the next grade up to get the grade below it -- in other words, it will need to be a 67+/68 in order to pull a 67.
    63-D is notorious for poor planchets, and washed out coins.

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Give away entry

4, the little pack of barbers

Started collecting very young. Didn't have an album, used to tape pennies to a sheet of paper...lol

Remember reading a coin column in the syracuse herald American sunday paper. Can't remember the author's name though 😥

• Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 10:48PM

Give away entry #1

I have just started collecting coins in the last 3 months. Wow! The excitement it is. I usually do a lot of coin roll hunting. But I have purchased a few proof sets. It’s a great hobby collecting! Most interesting coin I found searching in coins rolls was a 2 headed nickel. 1943 was told it was a magician coin! Fun find. Eventually. My collection will grow. Thanks for listening! I will accept whatever you want to give away!

@Coin_nut1977 said:
    Give away entry #1

I have just started collecting coins in the last 3 months. Wow! The excitement it is. I usually do a lot of coin roll hunting. But I have purchased a few proof sets. It’s a great hobby collecting! Most interesting coin I found searching in coins rolls was a 2 headed nickel. 1943 was told it was a magician coin! Fun find. Eventually. My collection will grow. Thanks for listening! I will accept whatever you want to give away!

Welcome to the hobby and the forum, always glad to have someone new here.

• DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry Prize #1
    My favorite coin series and what got me interested in coin collecting is the American Silver Eagle series. My dad passed away in 1996 and when going through his things, I found 2 boullion 1986 Silver Eagles, I think maybe he wanted to start collecting them but as he was retired he was on a limited budget and he only bought those 2 coins. After I found the coins, I made it my mission to finish what he started so I began collecting ASE's and in the process really got the coin bug and started collecting more than just Eagles. I hope my dad is smiling from up above and proud that I picked up a wonderful hobby from him!
    Thank you for this tremendous giveaway!
    Chuck Darling, Sandusky, Ohio.

Chuck,

Ever Onward

So, I just realized I haven't shared what my favorite set is with everyone on this thread even though I am asking you to.
    My favorite coins to collect are skull depiction coins or Memento Mori coins. My current favorite set to collect is the Palau Skull series which just came out with its fourth year releases. These are a part of the Memento Mori numismatic category. The series started in 2016 with the Skull #1 in 1 oz silver and 0.5 gram gold. The second year releases were 0.5 gram gold pirate skull & crossbones, 1 oz silver pirate skull and 500 gram silver skull #1. The third year releases were the 0.5 gram gold La Catrina Dia de los Muetos Skull, 1 oz silver La Catrina, 500 gram Pirate skull, and the special issue 1 oz gold 300th anniversary Blackbeard Skull. This years releases are the 0.5 gram gold and 1 oz silver Biker Skulls.
    Coins such as these are a reminder that life is temporary, so live now and be passionate about what you enjoy and love to do.
    Memento Mori Carpe Diem

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a generous giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity.
    As I read other postings, I am trying to decide just what I collect... I suppose my first love is Morgan dollars. There is so much American history tied to them that I never quite tire of learning about each mint, what was happening in the country at the time they were being minted, etc.
    Having said that, I just like filling albums. I'm working on circulated sets of Lincolns, Walking Liberty halfs, Franklins, merc dimes and yes, even state quarters! I've got a beat up folded piece of paper in my wallet I'm constantly updating what dates I still need and crossing off what I've recently found... it never gets old or boring for me.

Again, thanks for the chance!

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry:
    So thank you for the chance. I'm basically a low budget collector and never really had a certain series to collect. Until one year about 12-13 yrs ago, my now late wife, bought me an Ngc PF 70 jefferson Nickel. I have collected them ever since. I have from 1950 to date all certified Proof Jeffersons. Of course not all are 70's now but I get the ones that catch my eye and are affordable. Since then I have collected US Mint proof sets 1956- to date, bullion SAE's 1986 to date and SAE Proofs 2000- to date. The quest is to be able to fill key date slots in the series. One day! Lol

• JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry
    Prize #1

My favorite series would be Peace dollars. My grandmother gave me a coin collecting kit back around 1972 along with a 1922 Peace dollar. That poor thing went through the wringer including being polished with mercury to really shine it up. Needless to say I haven't done that for about 45 years or so. :)

• I somehow can not log into my old account this is my new account. Calvin hardiman was my old account. Sorry for the inconvenience

• JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Giveaway entry

Thank you for doing this. My favorite series is a one year issue, 1883 Hawaiian Kingdom coins. Being born and raised in Hawai’i, these are a part of the history of the islands and a testament to King Kalakaua. It’s amazing that these coins are still readily available and even though the cost is high, there are not many coins that can compare to them for a collector in Hawai’i. Most of what I have are cleaned but as funds become available I plan to pick up some nice looking slabbed coins.

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry
    Prize #1

I started collecting Lincoln Wheat cents in blue Whitman folders when they were disappearing due to the new Lincoln Memorial design. My dad and I used to go to the soda fountain in Dallas and drink a Coke. The nice proprietors would give me 50-D nickels, 38-D halves, and such that they pulled from circulation. I would go home and call Mr. Davis and sell them, which is how I became a coin dealer at age 12.

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Number one.

Started collecting when my nana passed. We were cleaning out her basement and found a bag of coins and then another and another. My uncle took them to a pawn shop. I found out to late to stop him and I am sure he got screwed and probably sold for spot. I got what the pawn shop did not want which included a bunch of flying eagle cents. Nana saved those coins to leave to her grandchildren. I restarted the tradition. Morgan’s and
    Proof ASE’s. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry
    Prize #1 for my 12 year's old niece who has a sudden interest in older coins.

Personally, I like prize#3. Sexy Freedom girls . lol
    Thanks for the contest.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

I got interested in coins reading through the Redbook as a kid. Two coins I have always aspired to have are the 1907 High relief double eagle and the 1836 Gobrecht dollar. I think it would be awesome to find these as pocket pieces and imagine the story's they could tell.

Prize #3)
    Copper Bullion Mega Lot

Thank you,

It's all about what the people want...

• Giveaway entry

I'm pretty new to collecting, so of course I love my Lincoln's! I quickly discovered varieties, and love searching for them. But once I seen my first old U.S coins, I knew that I found what I was going to collect!

If I get lucky in win I choose
    Prize # 4 please!

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry - Prize number 1
    $2 1/2 Quarter Eagle Indians are my favorite coins. I love the designs, I like that they are gold, but that they are fairly small and attainable by most people. It is one of the easiest sets to put together. I have enjoyed collecting errors of them, unique holder for them, and toned ones. Here is my current toned set:

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry to be entered into the drawing - Prize #1.
    Walking Liberty halves are my current favorite. I'm trying to complete a set from searching rolls. I'm about half way there. The odds are pretty slim I'll finish but I'm giving it a try!

Jim

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 5:11PM

Giveaway Entry.

I like all your lots but I'd be happy with #4 if I won.

I have collected a little of this and that, and I am happy doing that, Lately I focus on counterstamped coins, which are a niche area under exonumia. One reason I like it is that there are no rules or guidelines to follow - you just collect what you like.

Great idea for a contest. Thx!

• Giveaway Entry, Oh my goodness! How exciting to be able to enter this drawing! Thank you so much! So, I'm a novice collector, really. I have a box of old coins that I've collected since childhood. I'm most interested in Prize #1. Mostly because those are the types of coins that I've collected. The old, beautiful and interesting coins... which always excited me when one would pop up in my change purse... So I lovingly put them aside. From Buffalo and Indian Head nickles, to Mercury Head Dimes, to silver dollars and everything in between... all have fascinated me. ... Maybe it's the visuals because I am a fine artist. Anyway - so here it is Christmas coming soon, and I've decided to give my collection to my nephew. But I wanted to get a starter kit to go along with it, so that he could do it properly, and not just in a box as I had. That's how I came across this listing! And Oh my goondess!!!! If I could win this (or ANY of this amazing collection) to include with the gift, I'd be over the moon!!! And so wouldn't he, I'm sure! So thank you - THANK you, THANK YOU! ((hoping I win)) :)

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BonnieLee said:
    so here it is Christmas coming soon, and I've decided to give my collection to my nephew.

I got a small box of old coins from my grandmother when I was young and I can still remember the excitement I felt back then.

((hoping I win))

I hope you win, too!

Maybe it's the visuals because I am a fine artist.

A couple people on the forum have done some painting Why not post a picture of one or two of yours?

• @JBK said:

@BonnieLee said:
    so here it is Christmas coming soon, and I've decided to give my collection to my nephew.

I got a small box of old coins from my grandmother when I was young and I can still remember the excitement I felt back then.

((hoping I win))

I hope you win, too!

Maybe it's the visuals because I am a fine artist.

A couple people on the forum have done some painting Why not post a picture of one or two of yours?

You are so sweet! I love that story about your Grandmother ... I hope that my nephew feels the same! :) I will try to post some pictures... It took me forever to figure out how to Post my first quote! LOL ... Thanks so much for reaching out! Many blessings to you and yours tomorrow on Thanksgiving, and always!

edited November 27, 2019 5:59PM
  • BonnieLeeBonnieLee Posts: 6
    edited November 27, 2019 6:34PM

@CollectorBonEZ Thank you so much for the welcome... and thank you also for the opportunity! :)

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 8:18PM

Giveaway Entry to be entered into the drawing.
    Favorite series, Morgan Dollars.

My first foray into Silver Dollars came in the spring of 1964, I had been over to my best friends house, we were both in his older brothers room playing when I saw a big one gallon fish bowl full of Silver Dollars, my friend told me to take all I wanted, his brother would not be home for a while, he was in the Army and would not mind (so I was told). So true to form I filled my pockets up then headed home.

When I came in the door I thought I was rich, and my mother was wondering why my pants were dropping so low, well she asked me what I had in my pockets so I took some out and showed her, she took the rest of them out and boy was she mad, I was trying to explain to her that I did not steal them that my friend had told me I could have them, but who's going to listen to a four year old boy.

Well the coins went back in the fish bowl and my friend's mother but them up out or sight from both of us. My friends brother never did come home from the army, he died in Vietnam in 1966.

This thanksgiving I was reminded by your giveaway just how it was that my love of coins was born, I always wanted to fill-up a fishbowl but never got around to it.

This year I will,.and just have remembered my best friends older brother, who saved up his Silver Dollars in a fish bowl.

And now you know the True Story. I can't help spelling mistakes, I've been looking at the screen with watery eyes.

Happy Thanksgiving, and remember a Soldier, and a Collector who has passed on.

TexasT

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry

Happy Thanksgiving!

Once, when I was young, someone gave me a Morgan silver dollar. I saved that dollar for years and then I was given a Canadian silver Maple Leaf by a customer that I had sold a winning lottery ticket to. It was years later that I could afford to buy my own silver dollars, but my collection was started by these two generous people. Since then, I have found a love for the size and artistry of silver dollars. I don't have any kind of complete sets or date runs, yet! Prize #1 looks pretty amazing!