Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Thanksgiving Giveaway 2019 #1 Winner has been posted

2»

Comments

• CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Prize #1

Morgan dollars, especially circulated and nicely toned. Buffalo's come in at a close second with Walking Liberty's following. After a 40 year hiatus, I started collecting coins again 4 years ago and really learned a lot. Had no idea there very such things as Slabs, grading companies and $10,000,000 coins! I'm very glad to be back in the hobby.

• TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Giveaway entry

Prize #1

I got started when my Dad gave me an Indian Head “penny” he had. It was an 1890 in AG-G but it was amazing to me! I’d never seen one before. He got me a Red Book so I could learn more. I read it cover to cover so many times that the binding broke down. He would pick up a copy of Coin World from a newsstand sometimes on his way home from work. I remember him bringing home a few Ikes when they first came out.

My favorite coin (besides the 1890 cent mentioned above) is the Type 1 Standing Liberty quarter. It’s such a beautiful design and the Type 1 looks so much better than the “improved” Type 2.

Bill
    witty quote goes here
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, thanks!

Prize 1 please!

I enjoy collection IKEs and Type, Type and more Type... Oh, and old gold... as old as I can afford!

Thanks for the chance!

• RodebaughRodebaugh Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry to be entered into the drawing - Prize #2

The Morgan Dollar series is my favorite. It is tough to beat a large silver coin that is over a 100 years old, readily available in Mint State, and affordable to most every collector. Morgan Dollars are the gateway drug to lifelong numismatic dependency.

Thanks for the contest.

• CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Prize # 1.... I got started a looong time ago,going through my grandfathers silver coins he saved,since the "new" US coins were now made without silver.It was first experience with a red book. I was fascinated with all the past coins minted,I never knew about.My interests and priorities have changed over the years but I have always enjoyed the hobby. Now I collect ,buy,invest in whatever is attractive to me. These days it is type coins and metals... :)

• rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

Nothing extravagant for me. Trying to complete a Franklin set, Washington Silver quarters set, Roosies and Kennedy's all business strikes. Also trying to work on and complete a US-Philippine type set, since my wife is Filipino and the best thing that ever happened to me!!!

Thanks for the chance and Happy Thanksgiving all.

• CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 2:59AM

Thank you very much to everyone that has shared. There are some very heart wrenching and heart warming stories. For anyone who has just skip to the end to post or see the winner, I recommend going back and reading the stories posted here. I am very proud to be among the collectors on this forum. It has been wonderful reading and though the deadline has past, please feel free to keep posting your stories and keep an eye out for the New Years Giveaway to be posted in a few weeks. I will post the winner shortly.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

We have 43 entries for the drawing. I will be using the good old fashioned "hat" drawing or in this case large bowl as I do not have a top hat. All 43 names have been written down on a small piece of paper and folded over then mixed several times. One name will be drawn.

And the winner is....
    Drum roll...
    @Mgarmy
    Congadulations!!!
    You have won the 20th Century Type Set.
    Thank you to for entering.

Prize number 1 has been so popular I will include another 20th century set in a future giveaway.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations and thx for the contest!

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...I never win anything. That is Awesome. Thank you so much. Have a very happy Thanksgiving and thank you again.
    V/r
    Mike

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• @Mgarmy , Congratulations! It seems your luck is changing! :) And @CollectorBonEZ , thank you for the fun and opportunity! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Ty Bonnie!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Congratulations to the Lucky winner

• jabbajabba Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry giveaway

My main collection is copy’s or use of the motto on other tokens of the Oregon exchange company territory coins about 60 different types in collection now
    HK573

Moon light mint after hours production

Prize #2 thanks

@jabba thank you for sharing I do welcome more stories, but it is too late for entries.

• rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Mgarmy

Ty Rin

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty bsshog

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @Mgarmy.... Great contest....Cheers, RickO

Ty Ricko

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance. :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Mgarmy and some cool stories here. Happy Black Friday!!!!!!!!!!

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t believe I missed this one 😭 congratulations to all the winners!!!

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• mgkmgk Posts: 34 ✭✭

Congrats @Mgarmy.

Ty mgk

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Mgarmy

Thanks for the contest! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Collector- recieved the coins today. Ty so much. This is awesome and very nice of you.
    V/r
    Mike

• @Testoon said:
    Giveaway entry

Prize #1

I got started when my Dad gave me an Indian Head “penny” he had. It was an 1890 in AG-G but it was amazing to me! I’d never seen one before. He got me a Red Book so I could learn more. I read it cover to cover so many times that the binding broke down. He would pick up a copy of Coin World from a newsstand sometimes on his way home from work. I remember him bringing home a few Ikes when they first came out.

My favorite coin (besides the 1890 cent mentioned above) is the Type 1 Standing Liberty quarter. It’s such a beautiful design and the Type 1 looks so much better than the “improved” Type 2.

What precious memories...

• @Mgarmy said:
    Collector- recieved the coins today. Ty so much. This is awesome and very nice of you.
    V/r
    Mike

Yay for you!! :)