Home U.S. Coin Forum

Will the #1 ASE ERP resell for more than the First Sold 2014 Kennedy gold half dollar?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 15, 2019 9:38AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Back in 2014, the first sold Kennedy 50 cent gold coin sold for $100,000 after it was PCGS certified.

Do you think the #1 numbered Enhanced Reverse Proof will sell for more, less or the same as that first coin?

Will the #1 ASE ERP resell for more than the First Sold 2014 Kennedy gold half dollar?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 ERP will sell for less then the Kennedy gold half dollar

Less. Because one is silver one is gold.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the #1 ERP? The one with numbered COA 1 or the First One Sold in Baltimore?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not think it will equal the gold Kennedy price...that was a real crazy event.....Cheers, RickO

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if it's CAC'd. :D

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

no

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:
    What is the #1 ERP? The one with numbered COA 1 or the First One Sold in Baltimore?

Are they able to identify and slab the #1 sold at Baltimore?

@Zoins said:

@djm said:

Yes, the same way it was done for the Gold Kennedy. The person with ticket number 1 got it.

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fool's errand.

thefinn
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 10:20PM

@djm said:

@Zoins said:

@djm said:

Yes, the same way it was done for the Gold Kennedy. The person with ticket number 1 got it.

Did PCGS slab this at the show? I didn't hear anything about it. If not, I'm wondering it may be too late to positively attribute it now?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 3:10AM

@djm said:

@Zoins said:

@djm said:

I don't believe this is at all correct. The signed tickets were supposedly randomly mixed in.

The first one sold in Baltimore would have ticket #1 but that wouldn't be the #1 numbered COA which is what the poll is asking about.

@jmlanzaf said:

@djm said:

@Zoins said:

@djm said:

I don't believe this is at all correct. The signed tickets were supposedly randomly mixed in.

The first one sold in Baltimore would have ticket #1 but that wouldn't be the #1 numbered COA which is what the poll is asking about.

Exactly that's what I was asking the OP. Which coin is he considering the #1 Coin First Sold or COA #1

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

someone is buying up hundreds of these coins raw for $700 - $750 this morning

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

Are you referring to ebay sales or is there a dealer offering that amount.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be the person that realized the design is going to change in 2021.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

The #1 ticket does not correspond to the order of coin striking. The $100,000 Kennedy was the first struck, not the first sold.> @HATTRICK said:

"someone"? Don't you mean multiple people?

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure the so called $100k Kennedy even sold for that much.

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Why? It was widely reported in numismatic media that it had

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Why? It was widely reported in numismatic media that it had

I question the sale because the price is insane and not supported by logic, the market, or anything at all really. One of the sellers was also reported to have hired actors to artificially hype the issue to increase his profit and to bus in people to buy the coins. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another act for publicity and to hype the product.

There are other reasons too - see PM.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a related note...

coinworld:The heat cools for a once-hot U.S. Mint modern gold issue

It is tough to believe that five years have passed since the 1964–2014-W Kennedy half dollar was released at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money in Rosemont, Illinois, to a stampede of eager collectors and speculators. The first coin sold — later certified by Professional Coin Grading Service as Proof 70 Deep Cameo and labeled as the first Proof gold Kennedy half dollar sold by the U.S. Mint at the show — traded for $100,000 in a private transaction after the convention.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still find it hard to accept that someone paid $100,00.00 for that gold coin.
    I believe it was a publicity stunt.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file