Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Onastone said:
    @rip_f You've got to get one, you have a complete RP set going! I'm in but really not liking the part where I send it in for grading sight unseen, in an unopened mint box, but understand it.

What happens if you buy it at the mint store when there is no sealed box but you still send it in for grading

Send the Mint store receipt with the OGP coin.

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Anyone see any bids from the big companies.

It’s really weird I haven’t seen any offers yet

APMEX is offering $50

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

somebody better straighten out the debacle of sales at mint locations or not!
    Philadelphia vendor checked back with their source at US MINT and is confirming no retail sales in Philadelphia.
    Who is right at this point? Really - they cant even get this straight?

• Options

Claiming Press Release of 11/8 is INCORRECT about retail sales.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Kliao said:

There are several nice bids on the BST

I know, I just want to know what big companies like APMEX would offer

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

the press report seems to have been deleted...........

Possibly the error of the release of this coin in mint stores

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

is it worth paying extra for expedited shipping? If I remember correctly the last time I ordered it didn't make any difference.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    is it worth paying extra for expedited shipping? If I remember correctly the last time I ordered it didn't make any difference.

No. Unless you want to send it in for special designation it not worth it. Even then if you just chose the regular shipping it might arrive in time for you to send it out.

• Options

@engmtic said:

@Kliao said:

APMEX is offering $50

Really? That’s it?!? :#

• Options

Whew!

Posting this here because some of them are about flipping this coin.

Look at the “Activity” list.

Too many people using it thinking it is the PM (private message) tool and posting personal information.

If your one of them you should delete/edit because everyone can see that you posted your name, address, phone, etc.

How can you check? Click on “Activity.”

End of PSA.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    I also saw that the mint director will be hand signing the first 100 COA’s I wonder if that’s true

My son purchased the first baseball coins in 2014 in Baltimore and the mint director signed his COAs.

I'm assuming that the grading services will also have some type of special label for Baltimore like they did with the baseball coins.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:
    I also saw that the mint director will be hand signing the first 100 COA’s I wonder if that’s true

My son purchased the first baseball coins in 2014 in Baltimore and the mint director signed his COAs.

I'm assuming that the grading services will also have some type of special label for Baltimore like they did with the baseball coins.

That’s cool. But I read that the first 100 signed COA will be available for online order

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow

That's interesting regarding the first 100 online orders. Can only imagine the time difference between them in milliseconds.

I just spoke with the person at the counter of the mint retail kiosk in DC. He emphatically stated that they will not be selling them there!

I asked him about Baltimore and he did not know.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

^ I’m pretty sure that they will have them at the Baltimore show.

Thanks for confirming again that the store will not have them.

• Options

For an additional $15 charge you can get your COA and coin certified with the same serial number!

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoundPoint said:
    Get your 2019-S One Ounce Silver American Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof coin at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14 – 17, 2019
    Baltimore Convention Center
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

U.S. Mint Special Release
    As part of the limited mintage release of the 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin (San Francisco Mint), the United States Mint is making a limited quantity of the coins available to the public at the Whitman Coin Baltimore Expo on Thursday, November 14. Want a chance to bring home one of these beautiful and highly anticipated coins? Quantities will be limited and only one coin can be purchased per household. Make sure you plan ahead, so you don’t miss out!

Schedule

6:30 a.m. — Doors open at the Baltimore Convention Center.

7 a.m. — Pre-registered dealers and pre-registered Early Bird Smart Check-In ticket holders (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room (Hall E) to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

9 a.m. — Onsite Early Bird registrants will be able to enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11 a.m. — Pre-registered General Public attendees (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11:30 a.m. — All registrants must return to the Enhanced Reverse Room to assume their places in line.

11:45 a.m. — A U.S. Mint representative will hand out tickets to verified registrants who have assumed their place in line in the Enhanced Reverse Room. This ticket is your key to purchasing 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin.
    *Please Note: Quantities of coins are limited. The U.S. Mint and Whitman Expo cannot guarantee the amount that will be available for purchase.

Noon — The U.S. Mint’s sale of 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coins will begin. Those attendees who have received tickets from the United States Mint will be called in batches to purchase your coin. General Public attendees can also come to the Enhanced Reverse Room at this time to sign up and receive a numbered sticker to mark your place in line.

1-2 p.m. — Mint Director David J. Ryder will sign certificates of authenticity (Location TBD).
    What to Bring

Dealers: Smart Check-In ticket, Whitman photo ID, and November 2019 Whitman Expo credentials.

Pre-Registered Early Bird and General Public: Smart Check-In ticket, receipt, and government-issued photo ID. (Online pre-registration ends Friday, November 8 at noon EST.

Onsite Registered Early Bird and General Public: Entry badge and government-issued photo ID.

*Please Note: Your numbered sticker will be matched with your ID and ticket information and cannot be given away or sold. You must have these forms of identification on-hand to participate in the sale.

Disclaimer: All Mint regulations will be in effect. There is a limit of one coin per household during this sale.

No loitering outside the Baltimore Convention Center or outside of approved Expo areas within the BCC will be tolerated.

First Aid
    In the event of a first aid emergency, call 410-649-7055 (Department of Public Safety).
    All Public Safety supervisors have been trained and recently re-certified in first aid response and will be the primary responder if someone requires first aid. If the situation requires additional medical attention, we will call 911.

Questions?
    Have questions about the Expo or above schedule, contact info@whitmanexpo.com.
    For questions about U.S. Mint products, please visit catalog.usmint.gov.

QUESTION ??????????

See Above 1-2 p.m. — Mint Director David J. Ryder will sign certificates of authenticity (Location TBD).

What to Bring

how will this effect the supposed claim that only the first 100 certificates will be signed and randomly inserted into the coin shipments ??????????????????????

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Get your 2019-S One Ounce Silver American Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof coin at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14 – 17, 2019
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

As part of the limited mintage release of the 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin (San Francisco Mint), the United States Mint is making a limited quantity of the coins available to the public at the Whitman Coin Baltimore Expo on Thursday, November 14. Want a chance to bring home one of these beautiful and highly anticipated coins? Quantities will be limited and only one coin can be purchased per household. Make sure you plan ahead, so you don’t miss out!

Schedule

7 a.m. — Pre-registered dealers and pre-registered Early Bird Smart Check-In ticket holders (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room (Hall E) to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

9 a.m. — Onsite Early Bird registrants will be able to enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11 a.m. — Pre-registered General Public attendees (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11:30 a.m. — All registrants must return to the Enhanced Reverse Room to assume their places in line.

11:45 a.m. — A U.S. Mint representative will hand out tickets to verified registrants who have assumed their place in line in the Enhanced Reverse Room. This ticket is your key to purchasing 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin.
    *Please Note: Quantities of coins are limited. The U.S. Mint and Whitman Expo cannot guarantee the amount that will be available for purchase.

Noon — The U.S. Mint’s sale of 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coins will begin. Those attendees who have received tickets from the United States Mint will be called in batches to purchase your coin. General Public attendees can also come to the Enhanced Reverse Room at this time to sign up and receive a numbered sticker to mark your place in line.

1-2 p.m. — Mint Director David J. Ryder will sign certificates of authenticity (Location TBD).
    What to Bring

Dealers: Smart Check-In ticket, Whitman photo ID, and November 2019 Whitman Expo credentials.

Pre-Registered Early Bird and General Public: Smart Check-In ticket, receipt, and government-issued photo ID. (Online pre-registration ends Friday, November 8 at noon EST.

Onsite Registered Early Bird and General Public: Entry badge and government-issued photo ID.

*Please Note: Your numbered sticker will be matched with your ID and ticket information and cannot be given away or sold. You must have these forms of identification on-hand to participate in the sale.

Disclaimer: All Mint regulations will be in effect. There is a limit of one coin per household during this sale.

No loitering outside the Baltimore Convention Center or outside of approved Expo areas within the BCC will be tolerated.

First Aid
    In the event of a first aid emergency, call 410-649-7055 (Department of Public Safety).
    All Public Safety supervisors have been trained and recently re-certified in first aid response and will be the primary responder if someone requires first aid. If the situation requires additional medical attention, we will call 911.

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

See Above 1-2 p.m. — Mint Director David J. Ryder will sign certificates of authenticity (Location TBD).

What to Bring

how will this effect the supposed claim that only the first 100 certificates will be signed and randomly inserted into the coin shipments ??????????????????????

The first 100 will not be for sale at the Baltimore show, but available online.

During the show I guess David Ryder will be signing more COA’s

You will be able to tell if you have one of the 100 originally signed COA’s by the serial numbers of 1-100

• Options

The US mint released that 500 of these coins are going to be released at the Baltimore show.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

Schedule

What to Bring

First Aid

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

What to Bring

You will be able to tell if you have one of the 100 originally signed COA’s by the serial numbers of 1-100

I don't think anyone knows where the 1st 100 COAs are. They don't necessarily store them in any kind of order.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

Schedule

What to Bring

First Aid

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

What to Bring

I don't think anyone knows where the 1st 100 COAs are. They don't necessarily store them in any kind of order.

It the 1st 100 COA’s are going to be signed for release

• Options

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

Schedule

What to Bring

First Aid

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

What to Bring

I know what it is. But they tend to try to mix such things randomly into the supply so that they get distributed randomly. They may set aside #1 or #1 and #2 or something like that for VIPs, but they don't usually store them in any order nor do they ship them in any order. The first coin shipped might be the 10,000th sold and the last one struck.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

Schedule

What to Bring

First Aid

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

What to Bring

I know what it is. But they tend to try to mix such things randomly into the supply so that they get distributed randomly. They may set aside #1 or #1 and #2 or something like that for VIPs, but they don't usually store them in any order nor do they ship them in any order. The first coin shipped might be the 10,000th sold and the last one struck.

True. But they have to have some idea of if the coins going to Baltimore are part of the first 100 or not.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@HATTRICK said:

@SoundPoint said:
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

Schedule

What to Bring

First Aid

Questions?

QUESTION ??????????

What to Bring

True. But they have to have some idea of if the coins going to Baltimore are part of the first 100 or not.

No, they don't. If they are mixed in, they just grab X boxes of coins and have no idea what's in them.

• Options

From NEW USM Press Release -

"The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin WILL NOT be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver."

• Options

@7over8 said:
    From NEW USM Press Release -

"The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin WILL NOT be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver."

Thanks! More of a Chance to get one!

• Options

eBay prices as low as $350 today. I may be buried in these things come Thursday. LOL.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2019 2:25PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    eBay prices as low as $350 today. I may be buried in these things come Thursday. LOL.

Chance for them to spike right after release

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I think prices will rise after sellout. Some people are banking on getting one. When they can't, they will turn to ebay.

I'm betting on it...but my history of betting isn't all that good. LOL.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@jwitten said:
    I think prices will rise after sellout. Some people are banking on getting one. When they can't, they will turn to ebay.

I'm betting on it...but my history of betting isn't all that good. LOL.

Better not to go to Vegas! ;)

• Options
    nagsnags Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭

I think there are around 130 presales sold on ebay just today. I wonder what percent of those sales with actually result in delivered coins.

• Options

@nags said:
    I think there are around 130 presales sold on ebay just today. I wonder what percent of those sales with actually result in delivered coins.

Most of them will. Some dealers will buy at market prices to fill the orders even if it means making a small profit.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

A lot of people made deals that won't get one. Some dealers "think" they are full.

• Options

If these go any lower I'll keep mine, it's 65 bucks. If it were a $1300 platinum I would be getting out at any profit.

• Options

Oh ya....if I get one, don't want to jinx myself

• Options
    MrSliderMrSlider Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

https://ebay.to/2KgmV8c

PF70 Pre-Sale Price of 2K. And they are selling....

https://tinyurl.com/wbuh7ba (Search PCGS on ebay)

• Options

@MrSlider said:
    https://ebay.to/2KgmV8c

PF70 Pre-Sale Price of 2K. And they are selling....

Everyone is absolutely crazy! :s

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

Everyone is absolutely crazy! :s

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free money tends to have that effect on normal folks. :)

• Options

@Insider2 said:

I don’t call it ‘free’ money as you need money to do it, and be lucky to get one

• Options

@Insider2 said:

And coin collectors

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum will be hoppin tomorrow.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

@lcoopie said:
    Forum will be hoppin tomorrow.

Of if I got one or not!

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 52 people trying for me (some more reliable than others) and HOPING for 20.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@nags said:

Most of them will. Some dealers will buy at market prices to fill the orders even if it means making a small profit.

They can't buy them on the secondary market at today's prices and make anything

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    I have 52 people trying for me (some more reliable than others) and HOPING for 20.

How the the world did you get 52 people lined up?

• Options

@Kliao said:

@MorganMan94 said:

How the the world did you get 52 people lined up?

That’s a lot of brothers and sisters @MorganMan94!

:D

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay . Time to place your guess on how long it will be available. Some have said 3 minutes, some up to around 8 minutes. It sounds like there will be over 30,000 people ready to order at exactly noon. This is going to go fast, as fast as the mint computers can process them. Anybody feel it will be gone in under two minutes??? Is that even possible?

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

5 minutes my guess. hiccups/glitches/freezes will prevent this from being a 2 minutes sellout, as usual

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file