Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Tetromibi said:
    Tried a new account, with new email, from new computer, from a different network, with different shipping address and different card.

Billing address same, so still got rejected due to HHL.

What's the trick to getting around that?

I think you answered it yourself... “billing address” ??

Right, just curious what people are using. All my cards are tied to my home address. Is there a way to have a PO box as a billing address (can't remember the rules on that)? Do people just use family member's addresses as a billing address?

Is it as simple as using a loaded visa gift card that doesn't technically have an address?

Some members are talking about having 3-5 accounts or more. Just curious what they're doing for future reference.

The billing address for your CC should be changeable with the CC issuer.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    When did the order get rejected? At what point in the ordering process?

When I hit the button to submit the order, some letters popped up in red saying HHL had been reached (or something along those lines).

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your U.S. Mint order has been confirmed!

Good stuff

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@Tetromibi said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Tetromibi said:
    Tried a new account, with new email, from new computer, from a different network, with different shipping address and different card.

Billing address same, so still got rejected due to HHL.

What's the trick to getting around that?

I think you answered it yourself... “billing address” ??

Right, just curious what people are using. All my cards are tied to my home address. Is there a way to have a PO box as a billing address (can't remember the rules on that)? Do people just use family member's addresses as a billing address for a few of their cards?

Is it as simple as using a loaded visa gift card that doesn't technically have an address?

Some members are talking about having 3-5 accounts or more. Just curious what they're doing for future reference.

Wondering if is also tied to the name on the CC, too.

From what I read, some are using their spouses (significant other) account.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    they're available now!!!

@TurboSnail said:
    it is available now. go fast

Really? When? It’s sold out now. Why did they release it again so early?

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    HHL still in effect. So if you already got one it’ll kick back.... gone. Lasted about 3 - 4 mins.

I read that the HHL is in effect and will never go away for this coin ;)

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that is true.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Kliao said:

@Hemispherical said:
    HHL still in effect. So if you already got one it’ll kick back.... gone. Lasted about 3 - 4 mins.

I read that the HHL is in effect and will never go away for this coin ;)

From US mint press release

• Options

Some people really think they can get $60k out of the coin. Really?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone willing to make a price prediction on these 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year from today?

I'm thinking a gradual increase after this initial spurt.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Anyone willing to make a price prediction on these 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year from today?

I'll play. Are we talking raw, graded, what? My guess for unopened raw would be $750 in a week, $850 in a month, $600 in a year.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 10:35AM

Just to keep it simple...raw

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 10:37AM

Random question...do these have to be submitted to the TPGs Mint sealed for early releases? I only ask because weren't these all "early releases" from the Mint?

• Options

@RichR said:

I’m thinking
    Week $650
    Month $800
    Year $900

• Options

@RichR said:
    Random question...do these have to be submitted to the TPGs Mint sealed for early releases? I only ask because weren't these all "early releases" from the Mint?

Normally, for FS it does not need to be sealed but must be sent within 30 days of Mint release but...

...if you want the COA encapsulated then it has to be sealed. This is new for this coin.

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    I got one of these Unicorns at approximately 7:32 This morning. I believe I'll try to get it Slabbed, even if I don't beat the 30 day cutoff date.

First time I ever got shutout then snagged one the next morning. This Coin will be very special to me - one for my "forever" Collection.

Congrats. Hopefully you will get the 70!

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@RichR said:

Normally, for FS it does not need to be sealed but must be sent within 30 days of Mint release but...

...if you want the COA encapsulated then it has to be sealed. This is new for this coin.

I think that are certifying the COA because of the number

• Options

Mine shipped horray!! :)

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@RichR said:

I’m thinking
    Week $650
    Month $800
    Year $900

Typically, these things peak in the first month and go down not up.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@RichR said:

I'll play. Are we talking raw, graded, what? My guess for unopened raw would be $750 in a week, $850 in a month, $600 in a year.

I think that's probably true. Maybe even lower in a year.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@RichR said:

I’m thinking
    Week $650
    Month $800
    Year $900

You never know now for these coins as this is now the new key date of the ASE series

• Options

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@RichR said:

I’m thinking
    Week $650
    Month $800
    Year $900

You never know now for these coins as this is now the new key date of the ASE series

It doesn't matter. The fury is over trying to get it into your registry set for completeness. Once the initial furor dies down, the supply often exceeds residual demand. Moderns of almost any type, "key" or not, tend to peak early and decline later. It may not be precipitous, but there are very few exceptions.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@RichR said:

I’m thinking
    Week $650
    Month $800
    Year $900

It doesn't matter. The fury is over trying to get it into your registry set for completeness. Once the initial furor dies down, the supply often exceeds residual demand. Moderns of almost any type, "key" or not, tend to peak early and decline later. It may not be precipitous, but there are very few exceptions.

There are very few exceptions. Being the lowest mintage in the American Silver Eagle series? That qualifies as an exception.

• Options

The COA should be worth something if it has a cool serial number

• Options

Does anyone know if thy will open for more orders today at 7:30 PDT?

• Options

@Kliao said:

no one ever knows but them

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 5:13AM

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

There are very few exceptions. Being the lowest mintage in the American Silver Eagle series? That qualifies as an exception.

That's why I don't think the price will collapse. But NOT collapsing isn't the same as appreciating. You'll have a hard time maintaining the current hype. You also have a LOT of coins in weak hands right now.

• Options

Just got another one

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up for less than a minute.....

• Options

And they’re done

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

anyone snag one this morning?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with one in the cart, I was not able to get in fast enough....

• Options

@Kliao said:

No. 7:30 EST

• Options

It was out instantly

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s again unavailable before i can finish processing.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I was able to add one to cart this morning, but they went quick. Under 30 seconds it seemed.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I saw it. Tried, just for laughs to put one in my Bag . It was unavailable as soon as I het " checkout".

You've got to be quick on these.

• Options

@SeatedToners said:
    anyone snag one this morning?

Yes

• Options

I already had one in my cart. Still wasn’t fast enough

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are incredible.

Just not in the cards for me.

I had one in a cart from yesterday.

Someone had said that if you get all the way through to the place order screen and keep hitting refresh that once the invalid item goes away you can just hit the last confirm order button. I don't know how you do that because whenever I hit refresh it resets the credit card information so you'd have to re-enter that before hitting the confirm order button.

Some of you were able to do this without the credit card information resetting as described above?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually looked available for ten seconds. You had to be lightening fast. Congrats @cheezhed

• Options

@jwitten said:
    Yeah, I was able to add one to cart this morning, but they went quick. Under 30 seconds it seemed.

might have only been a few coins. I really don't expect many to come available late on this issue. You'd have to be brain dead to return a coin.

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    Just got another one

Did you already have one in your cart?

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had it in cart, tried to get through order lightning fast. Wasn’t fast enough.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Someone had said that if you get all the way through to the place order screen and keep hitting refresh that once the invalid item goes away you can just hit the last confirm order button. I don't know how you do that because whenever I hit refresh it resets the credit card information so you'd have to re-enter that before hitting the confirm order button.

Some of you were able to do this without the credit card information resetting as described above?

I experimented with this before ordering and yes if it’s already in cart, the credit card information will all be wiped out.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@cheezhed said:
    Just got another one

No but I use my linked PayPal account one touch checkout enabled. Quickest way to checkout.

• Options

@cheezhed said:

@Raufus said:

@cheezhed said:
    Just got another one

No but I use my linked PayPal account one touch checkout enabled. Quickest way to checkout.

Wow seems like you were the only one who got one.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 5:40AM

I think yesterday was the real golden opportunity to get another one because they were up for so long.

I found out the reason I could not check out was because my brother had lost his wallet and change his credit card number and forgot to tell me. I had more than enough time yesterday to check out on his account. What a wasted opportunity. Ugh!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file