Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 15, 2020 12:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

What do you think? Are you buying?

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-one-ounce-silver-enhanced-reverse-proof-19XE.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

Release date-Nov.14
Price-$65.95
Mintage-30,000
Mint Mark-S

9-15-20 officially listed as sold out.

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Won’t this coin make problems for grading company's with the Pride Of Two Nations Two Coin Set? It’s the same finish, enhanced reverse proof

Not if it has a different mint mark.

They could also insist on original packaging to tell them apart, much like the slabbed Canada version & U.S. Version.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I forgot about that part

• NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I passed on the Pride of Two Nations set because I didn’t hate my wallet enough to buy it, though I was a bit sad that I missed out on the enhanced reverse proof ASE (that is evidently very nice in hand). Now that I know this is coming out this year, I may actually try to buy it since it’ll probably be in the $70 neighborhood. I’m looking forward to further details from the Mint!

@NSP said:
    I passed on the Pride of Two Nations set because I didn’t hate my wallet enough to buy it, though I was a bit sad that I missed out on the enhanced reverse proof ASE (that is evidently very nice in hand). Now that I know this is coming out this year, I may actually try to buy it since it’ll probably be in the $70 neighborhood. I’m looking forward to further details from the Mint!

You might be able to find the graded ASE enhanced reverse proof on eBay without buying the whole set. I have a few extra sets but I really don’t want to split them up

• NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@NSP said:

You might be able to find the graded ASE enhanced reverse proof on eBay without buying the whole set. I have a few extra sets but I really don’t want to split them up

That is a very good point. I tend to prefer OGP for recent mint issues, though I’ll wait to see what the mint’s price is for these vs. what graded ones are selling for.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may look for the enhanced ASE reverse proof.... likely wait a few months though.... prices will sink a bit after the initial fever. Cheers, RickO

I’m hoping for a limited mintage

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully a different mint mark

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Pride Eagle was W mint and reached its mintage limit. This will be from a different mint with probably 100,00 mintage or more.

edited September 5, 2019 12:14PM

@dennis1219 said:
    Pride Eagle was W mint and reached its mintage limit. This will be from a different mint with probably 100,00 mintage or more.

If they want any buzz, they better shoot for 50,000 mintage. That would create some excitement.

@jmlanzaf said:

@dennis1219 said:

If they want any buzz, they better shoot for 50,000 mintage. That would create some excitement.

Then one I can flip :p

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Too many new releases this year in the ASE series
    Going the way of the baseball cards

edited October 9, 2019 5:23AM

To be released on November 14th. No image, mint mark, mintage or price yet

Price at $65.95
    Mintage of 30,000
    San Francisco Mint

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

And with an Order Limit of One, thankfully!

@rip_f said:

If not enough buyers it won’t sell out first day. Are you buying?

@Kliao said:

@rip_f said:

At 30,000, It will sell out in 20 minutes or less. There are a LOT of silver eagle collectors.

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 7:36AM

Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 40k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 50k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 60k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

...And Yet...

The Mint Chose to take $659,500.00 to $1,978,500.00 OFF the table...

I will let You try to figure out the reason Why...

@cagcrisp said:
    Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 40k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 50k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

Is there ANY question in anyone's mind that a mintage of 60k would Not Sell Out in virtually the same time frame as the 30k?

...And Yet...

The Mint Chose to take $659,500.00 to $1,978,500.00 OFF the table...

I will let You try to figure out the reason Why...

The reason's simple. When this coin goes from $69 to $500 overnight, it keeps collectors/flippers buying all the other crap that doesn't go up hoping for another winning issue.

Of course it is also possible they can't get enough struck before the end of the year with the 8,000 other commems they are issuing.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@rip_f said:

At 30,000, It will sell out in 20 minutes or less. There are a LOT of silver eagle collectors.

At 30,000, it will sell out in probably 20 >> seconds <<. Realize that this coin's mintage is slightly less than the pricey 1995-W (30,125) and will replace that coin as the key of the series.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@rip_f said:

This seems to be the Lowest mintage ever for a ASE so far. $10 more than a regular proof ASE. I also saw that the COA will be individually numbered which is interesting.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

The people making these decisions need to find real jobs.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 9:25AM

@jmski52 said:

No. The people making these decisions need to lose their current jobs. :)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be setting my alarm clock for 5:35 am to make the 6:00 am (12:00 noon EDT) opening rush.
    Question: Will the computers choke?

@Kudbegud said:
    I will be setting my alarm clock for 5:35 am to make the 6:00 am (12:00 noon EDT) opening rush.
    Question: Will the computers choke?

They might seems like it will be a very quick sellout which means 20,000+ people will be on the website

@HalfStrike said:
    4 minute sellout.

Possible. Or give me a bit more time to place my order.

@ernie11 said:

@jmski52 said:

No. The people making these decisions need to lose their current jobs. :)

No keep their current jobs so I can flip their products

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bravo Bravo!! I'm in!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t worry. You’ll be able to buy in the aftermarket from the big dealers for a lot more.
    And I can’t wait to see the prices offered on the BST for that one household limit.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MilesWaits said:
    Don’t worry. You’ll be able to buy in the aftermarket from the big dealers for a lot more.
    And I can’t wait to see the prices offered on the BST for that one household limit.

And see what the prices are on EBay

@Akbeez said:
    Bravo Bravo!! I'm in!

Me to!!!

• jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

Lets get ready to rumble!

@jrt103 said:
    Lets get ready to rumble!

In about a month.......

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll try to get one, but the scalpers/flippers will probably beat me out. :(

Collector, occasional seller

@ChrisH821 said:
    I'll try to get one, but the scalpers/flippers will probably beat me out. :(

You never know the big company’s aren't allowed to place orders before the release date

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to book a flight to San Francisco ;)
    To undercut the 1995-W mintage deliberately seems to be a slap in the face to most silver eagle collectors IMO.

@Goldminers said:
    Time to book a flight to San Francisco ;)
    To undercut the 1995-W mintage deliberately seems to be a slap in the face to most silver eagle collectors IMO.

Or D.C there’s a US mint store there

I just looked it up and there are no Mint tours or direct sales at the SF or West Point Mint.
    Only Philly and Denver have tours and stores, and yes Wash DC has a store. So I guess it will be computer wars and massive price gouging. :s

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the low mintages. Makes it exciting. Otherwise it is boring and people complain there’s not enough demand on pricing. Look at the Palladium eagle this year.
    The Pd Eagle will probably still come in around 15,000 in it won’t matter.
    In the end, It is just an arbitrary number anyway. Bring on the battle!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MilesWaits said:
    I like the low mintages. Makes it exciting. Otherwise it is boring and people complain there’s not enough demand on pricing. Look at the Palladium eagle this year.
    The Pd Eagle will probably still come in around 15,000 in it won’t matter.
    In the end, It is just an arbitrary number anyway. Bring on the battle!

I like low mintage too. I am wondering if the big company’s will offer you money if you buy it for them.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guarantee there will be lots of pre-buy offers for this one.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

No “sellout” on the first day.

Unavailable WILL occur.

Then the early birds gets the worm(s) for a bit.

I like low mintages too. What I did not like is the 30,000 number chosen, just below the 1995-W at 30,125 and drastically below likely demand. The second lowest 2011-S and rev. PR were 99,882, and the 2018 burnished was 138,947.

This last minute addition for 2019 could have been a sellout as some above mentioned if any mintage from 50,000 to around 75,000 was chosen. But that larger range would probably allow for say 24 hours or more of availability at one per household,giving most people a chance to get one at Mint price.

The Mint has a so-called official mandate to sell to the "public" and not discriminate against people who can't stop everything for a 5 minute window to play computer fast-finger games. There will be many actual collectors who will not be able to afford this on the secondary market as it will go up several times and sell out in less than an hour leaving thousands of customers out of luck. It is the principle of the choice of such a low number that bugs me.

What might be annoying is if the mint has so put the coin on back order since they didn’t make the full 30,000

Well in this case they should strike all 30,000 because It will sell out (unavailable). Then it is just the trickle of cancelled double orders, a handful of returns or exchanges, but basically this is a blatant choice to create crazy demand and flipping madness.

The palladium mintage was too high, so now the pendulum swung back to the too low side. We need Goldilocks to run the Mint.

@Goldminers said:
    Well in this case they should strike all 30,000 because It will sell out (unavailable). Then it is just the trickle of cancelled double orders, a handful of returns or exchanges, but basically this is a blatant choice to create crazy demand and flipping madness.

The palladium mintage was too high, so now the pendulum swung back to the too low side. We need Goldilocks to run the Mint.

I’m ok with it being low. Good flipping potential. The only thing is I can’t keep one.....

@Kliao said:

@Goldminers said:

I’m ok with it being low. Good flipping potential. The only thing is I can’t keep one.....

You might be lucky to even get one.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's analyze this. How many actual dedicated Silver Eagle collectors are out there? That's your baseline.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@Goldminers said:

You might be lucky to even get one.

Im going to ask my friends to see if they can help me get more than one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file