photo 20190908_191542_zpslj7fouuy.jpg

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is funny!!
    At least galaxy didn't ban himself. :)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on man! It's only 1 game. B)

A self imposed ban is not out of the conversation though 😳😂

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing that it's probably a bad time to ask Galaxy to start another contest. 🤔

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

A self imposed ban is not out of the conversation though 😳😂

never know!

In other sports news Short Bob Square Pants has been signed by the Eaglett's to play Left Tackle to beef up protection for Frail Boy their starting 1/8th Back! Back to you Tony.

edited September 16, 2019 3:06PM

it's Monday and i'm still not sure how "we" won this game

what's that saying? a win is a win is a win, especially on the road? yeah, that

btw, great line....

"Pineiro......with the dinero kick!"

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27625218

A W is a W

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bears game yesterday was the reason I watch football. That was one heck of a show. Both competitors exchanging blows in the middle of the ring. Then the mind blowing finish. Wham, bam, see ya later.

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Bears bite big time. Trubisky vs. Flacco. True battle of the titans.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

this thread has officially been reopened due to my fellow ACU alum scoring 3 touchdowns in the first half.

at last count, there are 5489024576289340572089745290867 pending adds for Taylor Gabriel in fantasy football.

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Did anybody else see on Reddit today, the (20 game parlay?) bet sheet where the guy won all the previous bets and it hinged on the Redskins winning this game?

Think the .89 bet would have paid off $500,000. Talk about a long Sunday night, all day Monday and crappy Tuesday through forever!

@artee said:
    Did anybody else see on Reddit today, the (20 game parlay?) bet sheet where the guy won all the previous bets and it hinged on the Redskins winning this game?

Think the .89 bet would have paid off $500,000. Talk about a long Sunday night, all day Monday and crappy Tuesday through forever!

Counting on the Redskins is like counting on the tooth fairy or the Eaglet's.

Trubitsky finally threw a TD pass! Nice job

Bears looked good last night, the D was dominant. I think if Trubitsky can get into a good rhythm with his receivers and effectively move the ball this team could be a serious contender

edited September 24, 2019 10:34PM

@perkdog said:

Bears looked good last night, the D was dominant. I think if Trubitsky can get into a good rhythm with his receivers and effectively move the ball this team could be a serious contender

i don't trust Mitch's ability to move the ball consistently via long, sustained drives. yes he had a few td tosses to Gabriel last night, but he did so thanks in no small part to a defense that gave him multiple short fields with their 5 takeaways. he's still far too inaccurate for my taste; i counted at least a handful of throws that could have & should have been completed with ease. the red zone pick was atrocious.......he attempted a fade to Allen Robinson that went about 5 yards too short and ended up in Josh Norman's hands. that mistake very nearly allowed the Redskins back into the game. until he takes his game to another level, the Bears will be posers.

crucial home game versus Minny this weekend

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

I agree.

The Vikings have improved the offensive line from poor to adequate and Delvin Cook looks like a special runner.

Cousins, however is beginning to look like an average quarterback with a good arm. Kirk has started to "blame" his receivers for some of the incompletions, he did it last year in a big argument with Adam Thielen (a MUCH better football player), and the other week, he made some kind of motion with his arm to show the receiver didn't run the correct route. NOT the way to be a leader in my book. I think the pressure of the big contract and the grumbling here in Minnesota is getting to him. 84 million is a bit much for a game manager, and that's what will work best for the Vikings if Cook can stay on the field, something he has yet to do.

So far, what I have seen of Trubisky is, he can cause a lot of trouble when he runs, not too impressive as a "drop back" passer.

Bears and Vikings both have good/great defenses.

Hoping for a GREAT contest!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@galaxy27 said:

I agree.

The Vikings have improved the offensive line from poor to adequate and Delvin Cook looks like a special runner.

Kirk has started to "blame" his receivers for some of the incompletions, he did it last year in a big argument with Adam Thielen (a MUCH better football player), and the other week, he made some kind of motion with his arm to show the receiver didn't run the correct route. NOT the way to be a leader in my book.
    So far, what I have seen of Trubisky is, he can cause a lot of trouble when he runs, not too impressive as a "drop back" passer.

He picked that up from watching Aaron" happy feet" rodgers press conferences

Matt gave the patriots defense problems running around last season as I recall

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@galaxy27 said:

I agree.

Kirk has started to "blame" his receivers for some of the incompletions, he did it last year in a big argument with Adam Thielen (a MUCH better football player), and the other week, he made some kind of motion with his arm to show the receiver didn't run the correct route. NOT the way to be a leader in my book.

He picked that up from watching Aaron" happy feet" rodgers press conferences

Matt gave the patriots defense problems running around last season as I recall

I always felt the QB should take the blame even when everyone knew it wasn't his fault. He's a leader and a good leader doesn't criticize his guys in public.

The first game between Vikings and Bears was decided by Trubisky's legs as he ran for several first downs when his receivers were covered. The second game the Vikings just seemed to concede the division.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Vikings win the game on Sunday, they go to the playoffs every other year, so they are due, and the team is much better this year

@JoeBanzai said:

idk what the o/u is, but if i was parking some dinero i'd duck. physicality is going to be on full display from the opening kickoff. i ultimately think it's going to boil down to which capricious qb makes more plays...........flip a coin!

@galaxy27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

idk what the o/u is, but if i was parking some dinero i'd duck. physicality is going to be on full display from the opening kickoff. i ultimately think it's going to boil down to which capricious qb makes more plays...........flip a coin!

Vikings have historically been terrible at Soldier Field. If Cook has a great game, Vikings will win, otherwise it will be a long day for the purple.

NEVER bet on the Vikings, that comes from a guy who has been watching since Joe Kapp was the QB. HE was a leader!!!!

@JoeBanzai said:

If Cook has a great game, Vikings will win, otherwise it will be a long day for the purple.

i love Cook. i was salivating at the prospect of selecting him in my fantasy leagues this year, but as it turns out my draft position in each wouldn't allow for it.

dunno if you saw my post in the random thoughts thread, but i was eating lunch last Sunday with the Minn-Oak game on directly in front of me. i bet Cook had a good 30 yards after contact in that game. if you're a corner and try to hit him high, he seriously may kill you. there are going to be some collisions in this Sunday's game that may register on the Richter scale.

I missed your post.

This guy is the REAL DEAL....................if he can stay healthy. So far he has been hurt all the time.

Quick, fast, strong and tough with good vision. He's good at cutting back against the grain and the new guys on the offensive line are pretty athletic and able to get downfield from the backside to block.

This is what the Vikes need to take the pressure off of Cousins, who I'm beginning to think is not a very good QB. The interception he threw in the end zone against Green Bay was pure stupidity. I watched Francis Tarkenton throw MANY balls away to prevent interceptions. Now people are so obsessed with completion %, they try to force too many passes.

GO VIKINGS!

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Is it 1985?

@JoeBanzai said:
    I missed your post.

This guy is the REAL DEAL....................if he can stay healthy. So far he has been hurt all the time.

Quick, fast, strong and tough with good vision. He's good at cutting back against the grain and the new guys on the offensive line are pretty athletic and able to get downfield from the backside to block.

This is what the Vikes need to take the pressure off of Cousins, who I'm beginning to think is not a very good QB. The interception he threw in the end zone against Green Bay was pure stupidity. I watched Francis Tarkenton throw MANY balls away to prevent interceptions. Now people are so obsessed with completion %, they try to force too many passes.

GO VIKINGS!

I'm not familiar with Cook, but your other receiver with the sticky hands is REALLY good. And you have a top notch TE. If you had a QB to match the Vikes would be very hard to beat. But Cousins is NOT the real deal.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I missed your post.

I do agree that Cook is a special talent. If they keep giving him the ball as much, will he hold up? That's my only reservation with him....can he stay healthy. Cousins hasn't really shown anything this year, so if the Bears can imit the running game, it will show what the Vikes offense will look like against a good D. Trubisky hasn't shown much either and he's going to have to move the ball against the Vike's D for the Bears to have any chance.

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I missed your post.

GO VIKINGS!

I'm not familiar with Cook, but your other receiver with the sticky hands is REALLY good. And you have a top notch TE. If you had a QB to match the Vikes would be very hard to beat. But Cousins is NOT the real deal.

I'm reserving judgement on Cousins. Last year he showed some flashes, but got crushed so often it was hard to tell if he was any good.

He's had a year working with the team and the O line seems to be a little better, so he should lead the team into the playoffs with so many weapons and a great defense.

The big problem I am seeing is his habit of turning the ball over, either by fumbling or interception.

I couldn't care less about passer ratings. Just be a leader!

@JRR300 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I missed your post.

I do agree that Cook is a special talent. If they keep giving him the ball as much, will he hold up? That's my only reservation with him....can he stay healthy. Cousins hasn't really shown anything this year, so if the Bears can imit the running game, it will show what the Vikes offense will look like against a good D. Trubisky hasn't shown much either and he's going to have to move the ball against the Vike's D for the Bears to have any chance.

Cook has been hurt a LOT. First year he looked great and blew out his knee on a non contact play, last year he had a bad hamstring for most of the year and only carried the ball 133 times, so he needs to stay healthy and play regularly for an entire season.

On paper Vikings have the best group of talented players on offense and defense, yet they missed the playoffs last year.
    Chicago doesn't have the offense and Green Bay doesn't have the defense (although they added some talent) so the only thing that should stop them from winning the division is the Vikings themselves.

What is with Chicago's helmets!! Are they Bears or Rams!!!

edited September 29, 2019 1:34PM

3 defensive starters out and Chase Daniel in

this may be a good time for me to start collecting coins

@galaxy27 said:
    3 defensive starters out and Chase Daniel in

this may be a good time for me to start collecting coins

Hey....coins are great. Silver & Gold coins is always better than cardboard. ;)B)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears defense is all over Minnesota today.

Mack is a just a machine

to this point my intentional stevek reverse jinx is working to perfection

i hope my friend Banzai is taking a long, long nap this afternoon

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely abusing the Vikings. Wow...

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

I don't know why the Vikes even bothered to show up. It's like watching paint dry......unless you are a Bears fan.

@galaxy27 said:
    to this point my intentional stevek reverse jinx is working to perfection

i hope my friend Banzai is taking a long, long nap this afternoon

Watched the game. When asked before the game who I was betting on I said "Bears".

When I saw Trubisky knocked out of the game I figured the Vikes would win, but the Bears back up was pretty good and their receivers made some outstanding catches.

Bears defense stopped Cook in his tracks and the 84 million dollar man fumbled a couple of times. In his defense the line didn't do very well protecting him.

Bummer.

@DIMEMAN said:
    I don't know why the Vikes even bothered to show up. It's like watching paint dry......unless you are a Bears fan.

Defensive games are fine, it was the outcome I didn't like.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kurt Cousins is the most overpaid player in football. Let this be a lesson to you fans who think buying a first rate quarterback is easy.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@JoeBanzai said:

In his defense the line didn't do very well protecting him.

they did not. that game was not an indictment against Cousins. he literally had no chance all afternoon long bc the Bears' D painted a Rembrandt -- offering up no holes to run through and pinning their ears back on passing downs. hindsight is always 20/20, but had i been the Vikes o-coord i would've sped things up and gone no huddle at times just to throw Chicago off their rhythm and prevent them from substituting as freely. granted the Bears were playing prevent at the time, but Minnesota started moving the ball much more effectively toward the end when they went hurry-up.

the Vikings will be fine. they can run the ball & play sound defense, and that's a recipe for staying in (and ultimately winning) a lot of games. moreover, they are bullies in their own house and i fully expect retribution on 12/29

Chicago’s 1985 D might not be as good as this current teams D. They are a BOSS

@galaxy27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

In his defense the line didn't do very well protecting him.

they did not. that game was not an indictment against Cousins. he literally had no chance all afternoon long bc the Bears' D painted a Rembrandt -- offering up no holes to run through and pinning their ears back on passing downs. hindsight is always 20/20, but had i been the Vikes o-coord i would've sped things up and gone no huddle at times just to throw Chicago off their rhythm and prevent them from substituting as freely. granted the Bears were playing prevent at the time, but Minnesota started moving the ball much more effectively toward the end when they went hurry-up.

the Vikings will be fine. they can run the ball & play sound defense, and that's a recipe for staying in (and ultimately winning) a lot of games. moreover, they are bullies in their own house and i fully expect retribution on 12/29

Excellent analysis.

When a D-Line is kicking the stuffing out of the O-Line, play callers have to, at some point, stop trying to run their original game plan and start calling plays that can be successful, even if they are short gains. It seemed to me they were trying to run Cook inside a lot to "impose their will", that sure didn't work. Getting the ball to him in space would have been a better idea.

The Vikings have now squandered two away games against division opponents they could/should have won; Green Bay and now Chicago. This puts them in a position to HAVE TO win the rematches at home. Big disadvantage.

I won't lay too much of the blame on Cousins, but he does need to hold onto the ball better. He also overthrew Thielen on a long pass early that should have been a long gain or TD. The long pass he did complete to Diggs was overthrown and Diggs had to almost dive to get it, a pass "on the money" here might have been a much bigger gainer.

Offensive brain wizards need to call plays that don't take so long to develop. Even the announcers mentioned that going to a hurry up/no huddle offense would have been a good thing to try earlier.

I give a lot of credit to the Bears defense, they are a superior group of players!

edited September 30, 2019 6:38AM

@JoeBanzai said:

I won't lay too much of the blame on Cousins, but he does need to hold onto the ball better. He also overthrew Thielen on a long pass early that should have been a long gain or TD. The long pass he did complete to Diggs was overthrown and Diggs had to almost dive to get it, a pass "on the money" here might have been a much bigger gainer.

this is also great analysis. i guess i should've said that although Cousins was not the reason they lost that game, he didn't exit it without blame. very astute points on those two throws -- when someone pays you 84 mil, those passes are not only supposed to connect, but they're supposed to do so in stride.

but i dunno, i guess i am still one of few who sees the glass as half-full with KC. there is so much talent around him that he would have be completely inept to screw things up for an entire season. it's not as if the guy just can't throw the football; i really think it's up to the coaching staff to toss in some new wrinkles in order to galvanize the offense, because i honestly think all the pieces are there to make a run

I WANT to see the glass half full with Cousins.

I figured he could have all of last year getting used to a new team, but he actually looked better early than late. This year (so far) he has not impressed, we are 1/4 of the way through the season, so now we could be getting down to him having to play great next year for this move not to be a total bust?

I will say that the mark of a good quarterback is one who "puts it in there" when he has a guy open. He also threw one behind Thielen late in the game that was uncatchable. He also needs to stop with the finger pointing when a guy runs the wrong route, good leaders don't do that. His melt down with Thielen last year was a total embarrassment. He made some kind of gesture this year too. Not a screaming match, but I don't think it is a good sign.

Vikings have some very good "skill" position players on offense and a very young O-Line, they better figure it out, the division looks pretty tough this year. I get tired of the "wait until next year" attitude, this IS "next year"!

@perkdog said:
    Chicago’s 1985 D might not be as good as this current teams D. They are a BOSS

They DOMINATED yesterday. Do they ever miss a tackle?

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

cousins and no-huddle in the same sentence?

He is gonna call plays now ? Thats rich :D

@bronco2078 said:

Rich, ha ha I get it......................he's really rich.

@DIMEMAN said:

Is anyone else sick of all the "special" uniforms in every sport? My wife hated their socks btw.

• ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

Rich, ha ha I get it......................he's really rich.

@DIMEMAN said:

Is anyone else sick of all the "special" uniforms in every sport? My wife hated their socks btw.

Yes I am too. Especially the reason for sundays uniforms.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

the Bears D was impressive. But it was also one of the worst called games from an offensive standpoint that I have ever witnessed. The Vikes insisted on running the ball on early downs, leaving them constantly behind the chains. Not taking away from the Bears D, but I've seen this before.

@JRR300 said:
    the Bears D was impressive. But it was also one of the worst called games from an offensive standpoint that I have ever witnessed. The Vikes insisted on running the ball on early downs, leaving them constantly behind the chains. Not taking away from the Bears D, but I've seen this before.

That was my main problem with last nights game. The play calling was terrible by Dallas. You just don't run on 1st down all the time when you are behind. When your "D" only allows 12 points you should win every time. The Saints "D" didn't stop us it was poor play calling and poor play by Prescott.