Home Sports Talk
Options

Chicago Bears 2019 thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

That was my main problem with last nights game. The play calling was terrible by Dallas. You just don't run on 1st down all the time when you are behind. When your "D" only allows 12 points you should win every time. The Saints "D" didn't stop us it was poor play calling and poor play by Prescott.

I also thought last night's Dallas game showed that with Gallup out, you can take away Cooper and give Prescott all kinds of problems in the passing game.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

That was my main problem with last nights game. The play calling was terrible by Dallas. You just don't run on 1st down all the time when you are behind. When your "D" only allows 12 points you should win every time. The Saints "D" didn't stop us it was poor play calling and poor play by Prescott.

I also thought last night's Dallas game showed that with Gallup out, you can take away Cooper and give Prescott all kinds of problems in the passing game.

Yes, Prescott had a terrible game. He had guy open, but couldn't put the ball on them. He threw behind Cobb several times.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Yes, Prescott had a terrible game. He had guy open, but couldn't put the ball on them. He threw behind Cobb several times.

For my money, he just not consistent enough to be my quarterback. You just never know what you're getting with him on any given Sunday. Those type players just drive me crazy.

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

For my money, he just not consistent enough to be my quarterback. You just never know what you're getting with him on any given Sunday. Those type players just drive me crazy.

I don't think we will ever have another Staubach or Aikman. There aren't too man Brady's out there.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

he is alex smith give him a break

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

No way. Alex Smith was steady; you knew what you were getting with him every game. He was the prototype "game manager". He just didn't have the talent to put a team on his back and win a game when the chips were down.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    the Bears D was impressive. But it was also one of the worst called games from an offensive standpoint that I have ever witnessed. The Vikes insisted on running the ball on early downs, leaving them constantly behind the chains. Not taking away from the Bears D, but I've seen this before.

Coach Zimmer likes to run the ball. He is old school. He has had problems with his offensive coordinators because they pass too much.

In general, I agree with his philosophy, but against a defense like the Bears, you are not going to gain much being predictable. You need to throw in a "trick" play, go no huddle, etc or they will destroy you.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

In his defense the line didn't do very well protecting him.

they did not. that game was not an indictment against Cousins. he literally had no chance all afternoon long bc the Bears' D painted a Rembrandt -- offering up no holes to run through and pinning their ears back on passing downs. hindsight is always 20/20, but had i been the Vikes o-coord i would've sped things up and gone no huddle at times just to throw Chicago off their rhythm and prevent them from substituting as freely. granted the Bears were playing prevent at the time, but Minnesota started moving the ball much more effectively toward the end when they went hurry-up.

the Vikings will be fine. they can run the ball & play sound defense, and that's a recipe for staying in (and ultimately winning) a lot of games. moreover, they are bullies in their own house and i fully expect retribution on 12/29

Andy Reid would have said the Bears' D painted a Mozart, but I guess your Rembrandt analogy is Ok too.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I would say Dak is far better than Alex Smith, and regardless he will be the next QB that signs for 100+ Million. He has already said there will be no discounts for big D, he wants to get paid and Jones will pay him

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I would say Dak is far better than Alex Smith, and regardless he will be the next QB that signs for 100+ Million. He has already said there will be no discounts for big D, he wants to get paid and Jones will pay him

He is not worth it. Not even close.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

he can't win without Zeke , hes not worth 100 million

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

he can't win without Zeke , hes not worth 100 million

I’m not saying he is but that doesn’t change the fact that Jerry Jones WILL pay him.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I’m not saying he is BUT he gives Your ‘Boys the best chance right now. You got Zeke, Cobb and Cooper and a solid D. You can’t wait to try and groom a rookie QB and there are no hirable guns out there to replace Dak so basically it’s now or wait AGAIN. You guys got a solid chance don’t go crazy over that loss to NO

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I’m not saying he is BUT he gives Your ‘Boys the best chance right now. You got Zeke, Cobb and Cooper and a solid D. You can’t wait to try and groom a rookie QB and there are no hirable guns out there to replace Dak so basically it’s now or wait AGAIN. You guys got a solid chance don’t go crazy over that loss to NO

I know....but Dak totally sucked in the N.O. game. And the play calling sucked. You are not a run first team when playing from behind and we were behind the whole game! And what was with that hail Mary to the 10 yard line!! If Cooper would have caught it he wasn't going any where. Might as well try a FG at that point! There were several people that would have felt my RAGE after that game if I was Jerry.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

a loss to Raiders.

i traded Aaron Jones three days before the Cowboys game.

if i could subject myself to solitary confinement with Jerry Jones fatheads plastered to my cell walls, i would. instead, a self-imposed ban for a week.

see you guys next Monday.

• Options

Have a nice week break then. Self imposed Time Outs can help 😂

• Options

All this hype about David Montgomery and he has nothing to show thus far. Very disappointing. I do think their O Line leaves a little to be desired.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2019 5:51PM

hope no one watched that vomit-inducing performance. the score doesn't even begin to reflect the true disparity between the Bears and Saints. i said there are bunch of fraudulent teams in the NFL and we are definitely one of them.

on a positive note, kudos to Bridgewater.......5-0 and playing like a boss since Brees went down. with every passing week i'm growing fonder of New Orleans' chances to win the Super Bowl. if DB slides back in seamlessly and the defense continues to flex they way they have been, there's no reason why they can't completely right the wrong from last season.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only saw the last 10 minutes. I liked that the Bears showed some fight.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

you saw garbage time. the defense was a sieve, primarily because they were on the field the entire game. they did not have 100 yards of total offense the previous 50 minutes. over 2 full quarters without a first down. 17 yards rushing the entire game. at one point i started to wonder if Trubisky would make it out of the stadium alive.........he padded his stats in the 4th when the Saints went to extreme prevent, but i can't begin to tell you how poorly he played prior to that.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

you saw garbage time. the defense was a sieve, primarily because they were on the field the entire game. they did not have 100 yards of total offense the previous 50 minutes. over 2 full quarters without a first down. 17 yards rushing the entire game. at one point i started to wonder if Trubisky would make it out of the stadium alive.........he padded his stats in the 4th when the Saints went to extreme prevent, but i can't begin to tell you how poorly he played prior to that.

Thanks for letting me know. That's what I figured. What's the issue with them??

• Options

Perhaps Trubisky should go on a self imposed ban now.
    You've done your time Galaxy. Took a fall for something that wasn't your fault.
    I actually thought Trubisky was going to develop into a very good NFL QB.
    Now I have my doubts, he's had a really tough time this year.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    hope no one watched that vomit-inducing performance. the score doesn't even begin to reflect the true disparity between the Bears and Saints. i said there are bunch of fraudulent teams in the NFL and we are definitely one of them.

on a positive note, kudos to Bridgewater.......5-0 and playing like a boss since Brees went down. with every passing week i'm growing fonder of New Orleans' chances to win the Super Bowl. if DB slides back in seamlessly and the defense continues to flex they way they have been, there's no reason why they can't completely right the wrong from last season.

I wonder what kind of deal Bridgewater is on , Chicago for instance should fire Jay Cutler and take Teddy and have him start next season.

Sorry , but all the shitty bears QB's blur together over the decades :D

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 8:39PM

I think the Bears go out of their way to have a good defense and a totally incompetent offense. It’s in their DNA. This QB would be excellent... as a wishbone quarterback on the college level ... on team that gets to play in the “Let’s Invent a Post Season Game for Our Team” bowl.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2019 10:03PM

@thisistheshow said:

Thanks for letting me know. That's what I figured. What's the issue with them??

no running game whatsoever, which is putting added pressure on Trubisky. and because he hasn't been able to perform, it's then putting immense pressure on the defense to keep them in games. if they play a shitty or mediocre team, the D can maintain control and the team can find a way to win despite their anemic offense. but when they run into a legit team like New Orleans, the dam breaks and the entire team drowns.

there is truth to what bronco is saying -- management has a history of missing the mark when it comes to drafting signal-callers. mind you, they had the opportunity to select Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. instead, they picked a guy who was only a starter for one season in college. Trubisky is young and they're not going to give up on him, but up to this point things don't look good. when Chase Daniel (of all people) executes the offense more proficiently (and he has), there are serious problems brewing.

if things don't improve soon, i wouldn't be surprised if Khalil Mack asks to be traded to the Raiders

• Options

The Bears cannot run the ball and Trubitsky is not a field general. Bears got issues bottom line

• Options

i would sign off on this. but then again, i'd sign off on just about anything after what i witnessed yesterday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-cam-newton-be-the-savior-for-bears-season-154306851.html

• Options

Don't be fooled by the stats or score from their game yesterday. They went almost three entire quarters without a first down, and they weren't playing a great defensive team.

• Options
  • Options

Well brady has been falling off so it fits. Give him another 2 years of decline then Chicago can give him a 10 year deal

• Options
    edited October 23, 2019 8:16AM

@bronco2078 said:

Well brady has been falling off so it fits. Give him another 2 years of decline then Chicago can give him a 10 year deal

the only q-backs looking up at Trubisky on the weenie qbr hierarchy are Mariota & Rosen -- two guys who are now holding clipboards and playing pocket pool

50 mil guaranteed @ 60, a truck bed full of blue pills, the green light to jump off any cliff he & his family wants.........whatevs it takes

• Options
    edited October 23, 2019 10:14AM

mariota is going to KC , mahomes is done for the season

• Options

Nagy is an idiot for taking a knee yesterday. Run up the middle or do a QB sneak to get as close as you can. The best part is during the post game interview he was talking how they were running the ball well 🤷‍♂️

• Options

i was hoping no one would acknowledge what happened, but now i have to speak my mind. i hope my blood pressure hangs in there.

i'm washing my hands of this team after yesterday's debacle. completely inept (settled for 3 field goals inside the 10), and i loathe the coach. Matt Nagy is the furthest thing from being a leader of men; he is such a pussy and is most deserving of unemployment today. he has shown glimpses of his play-not-to-lose mentality on multiple occasions this season, but getting Mitch to take a knee with 43 seconds left -- with a timeout in hand, mind you -- sent me over the edge. as far as i'm concerned, when you lose confidence in your players in such a public way, you shatter a cosmic commandment and the football gods will make sure you pay the ultimate price. sure enough, Pineiro hooked a kick that might have curled inside the upright had it been a few yards closer. and the worst part? David Montgomery had a breakout game and led ALL RBs in rushing yesterday. heaven forbid he gets the ball in that situation; nah, let's kneel and go backward to make the kick a smidge longer.

when questioned after the game, Nagy got defensive and started playing the what-if game with the media. when i heard "yeah, but what happens if we take a sack, get tackled for a loss or there's a fumble?", i desperately tried to crawl thru my tv monitor and punch him in the f*cking mouth. it's like being scared of getting behind the wheel for fear of a wreck. i can totally hear that dude now.........."i may not go anywhere, but at least i'm not going to get hit by another car!"

the more i type the angrier i'm getting, so i'm stopping for good. i'll be "contributing" to other NFL threads moving forward, but not this one. the team is having a difficult time as is without a general who is instilling a loser's mentality, and after yesterday's meltdown this season is officially lost. if getting blasted by the Eagles next week guarantees a new hc, no one is rooting harder than i am for Carson Wentz to throw for 1,100 yards and 17 touchdowns. i think 119-0 might do the trick.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I think the Bears go out of their way to have a good defense and a totally incompetent offense. It’s in their DNA. This QB would be excellent... as a wishbone quarterback on the college level ... on team that gets to play in the “Let’s Invent a Post Season Game for Our Team” bowl.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I grew up a Bears fan, watching Sweetness, rough times in the late 70's and the glory of the super bowl in 85. Within about 7 year after, I was done. The Bears have relied on their defense for years. Most years it is really good. Here is what put me over the edge.... I really believe that they thought that every running back they got from there on out was going to be the next Walter Payton. Sorry, that's not going to happen. They tried to rely on a running game, tough defense and crappy QB's. After a while, they tried to draft/sign halfway decent QB's but they didn't really go for it. I couldn't take it anymore. I friend from grade school and high school had been drafted by the LA Rams and as horrible as they were at that time, it was more fun following them than the Bears. They were going to suck and there was never really any high expectations. When they moved to St. Louis, we had some slim years then the Greatest Show on Turf!! It was glorious! Still, the Bears were fumbling around trying to do the same thing they had been for years. The Rams have now abandoned St. Louis and moved back to LA. I don't really follow them as much anymore and am basically just a fan of good teams. I like to watch good football. Hate me for it, but I am really enjoying watching the Pats and Brady.
    Anyhow, I got a little off track there but I think you get my point. Also, and again I apologize, Bears fans for the most part suck. Almost as bad as St. Louis Cardinals baseball fans. Every time i see/hear the stupid "Da Bears" commercials or references I want go stick a fork in my eye. Jesus, get something new. That crap was played out 25 years ago!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i was hoping no one would acknowledge what happened, but now i have to speak my mind. i hope my blood pressure hangs in there.

i'm washing my hands of this team after yesterday's debacle. completely inept (settled for 3 field goals inside the 10), and i loathe the coach. Matt Nagy is the furthest thing from being a leader of men; he is such a pussy and is most deserving of unemployment today. he has shown glimpses of his play-not-to-lose mentality on multiple occasions this season, but getting Mitch to take a knee with 43 seconds left -- with a timeout in hand, mind you -- sent me over the edge. as far as i'm concerned, when you lose confidence in your players in such a public way, you shatter a cosmic commandment and the football gods will make sure you pay the ultimate price. sure enough, Pineiro hooked a kick that might have curled inside the upright had it been a few yards closer. and the worst part? David Montgomery had a breakout game and led ALL RBs in rushing yesterday. heaven forbid he gets the ball in that situation; nah, let's kneel and go backward to make the kick a smidge longer.

when questioned after the game, Nagy got defensive and started playing the what-if game with the media. when i heard "yeah, but what happens if we take a sack, get tackled for a loss or there's a fumble?", i desperately tried to crawl thru my tv monitor and punch him in the f*cking mouth. it's like being scared of getting behind the wheel for fear of a wreck. i can totally hear that dude now.........."i may not go anywhere, but at least i'm not going to get hit by another car!"

the more i type the angrier i'm getting, so i'm stopping for good. i'll be "contributing" to other NFL threads moving forward, but not this one. the team is having a difficult time as is without a general who is instilling a loser's mentality, and after yesterday's meltdown this season is officially lost. if getting blasted by the Eagles next week guarantees a new hc, no one is rooting harder than i am for Carson Wentz to throw for 1,100 yards and 17 touchdowns. i think 119-0 might do the trick.

I'm a Baltimore Orioles fan.

• Options

Sorry fellas, I wasn’t trying to instigate you guys getting angry at all, I’d be heated too. I saw the highlights and was confused as to why he would call for a QB kneel and then I see his condescending attitude in the interview and I just lost respect for the guy.

• Options

Well its almost Halloween and I'm having visions of galaxy crawling through his TV
    like a poltergeist to knock the crap out of the bears coach, Promethius jamming a fork in his own eye,
    and double dragon dressing his dog up like the devil, or Dave Kingman, whatever the case may be.

What a glorious time of year this is :s I can't wait for Christmas!!!

• Options

well tom brady is going there for 2020 so........

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    well tom brady is going there for 2020 so........

Stop it 😂

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< no one is rooting harder than i am for Carson Wentz to throw for 1,100 yards and 17 touchdowns. i think 119-0 might do the trick. >>>

That's going to be a very tough reverse jinx for the Eagles to overcome.