Home Precious Metals
Options

I'm long 10,000 ounces of silver - someone make me feel better about Monday!

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. I thought I'd buy the dip on Friday. But it really looks like a head and shoulders top on the chart. I have no choice but to hold until Sunday night. Someone cheer me up!

Comments

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious, what is your timeframe on your long and are you talking physical❓

If physical, you have more precious metal than 99% of the population 😳

If you are truly long and didn't mortgage the house then own it, and harden yourself for swings🛡️

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll never make spread on physical

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2019 7:29PM

@LukeMarshall said:
    Curious, what is your timeframe on your long and are you talking physical❓

If physical, you have more precious metal than 99% of the population 😳

If you are truly long and didn't mortgage the house then own it, and harden yourself for swings🛡️

Future contract. I really was hoping for a near term bounce.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    You'll never make spread on physical

Futures contract. I don't need to cover a spread, but I would like the 25 feebrrs back that it dropped after I bought it. Lol

• Options

I don't want to give you hope. Hope is for people that lose money.

I will reassure you that it is only money and you'll at least have some excitement in your days.

I will remind that you can sell for a loss as soon as you push that button. Just don't bleed out.

As far as a near-term bounce, you have the FOMC results on Wednesday. What they say will be as important as what they do. Google cme fedwatch tool and you'll see odds on a rate cut, but it won't tell you what they say.

Then there is the trade war.

Then there is a possible up for gold and maybe silver if china finally uses the military to stop the micro-riots in HK.

No good luck, relying on luck is also a path to losing money.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't there a drone attack some where in the middle East? Chaos for profits?

• Options

Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    LOL. I thought I'd buy the dip on Friday. But it really looks like a head and shoulders top on the chart. I have no choice but to hold until Sunday night. Someone cheer me up!

So your timing is off a bit, riding it out is easy.
    Surely you didn't buy 10,000 ounces with money you couldn't afford to take a hit on???

That's rule #1.
    Don't tell me you forgot about rule #1.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gutsy play. Good luck.

If you don't lose sleep...you went too small. ;)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

Took out about 5% of the worlds output. It’ll definitely shake markets come Monday.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Jinx86 said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

Took out about 5% of the worlds output. It’ll definitely shake markets come Monday.

This attack on the Saudi oil infrastructure will likely cause a rise in gold prices which may drag silver prices along for the ride.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@rte592 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

So your timing is off a bit, riding it out is easy.
    Surely you didn't buy 10,000 ounces with money you couldn't afford to take a hit on???

That's rule #1.
    Don't tell me you forgot about rule #1.

No. I know rule #1. But just because I could afford to lose money doesn't mean I WANT to lose money.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Jinx86 said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

This attack on the Saudi oil infrastructure will likely cause a rise in gold prices which may drag silver prices along for the ride.

Maybe. Although i'm not sure that it will even move oil markets much less PMs.

• Options

Posted this in the US Coin forum.

Oil 2018 data (est):

4500Mt produced worldwide

583Mt by Saudi Arabia (SA)

5% of world supply is 225Mt

225Mt of 583Mt is 38.6% of SA production

Nearly 40% of SA capability is affected.

Not going to be fixed by Monday, regardless of the “news.”

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fasten your seat belts.... or don't .... It is anybody's guess what will happen Monday.... Especially if Saudi Arabia hits back hard....which they really should....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are dealing with a proxy war in Yemen between the Saudies, U.A.R, one one side & the Houthis , supported by IRAN on the other.
    Brief history of the Houthi dilemma.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/markaz/2017/12/18/who-are-the-houthis-and-why-are-we-at-war-with-them/

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Jinx86 said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

Agreed. I see upward move for metals Monday. Could be some real mid east conflict will ensue.
    Just my guess and I bought some ag on Saturday so fingers crossed.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll still be long 10,000+ after Monday. Feel better?

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Pile of Silver = Sleep well my friend.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

@PerryHall said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Jinx86 said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Iran v Saudi Arabia

No retaliation so far

Maybe. Although i'm not sure that it will even move oil markets much less PMs.> @derryb said:

I'll still be long 10,000+ after Monday. Feel better?

I don't feel worse

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monday is meaningless. Sunday at 7 PM EST will tell you the story.

• Options

6pm open on futures

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    6pm open on futures

Yup. I'll be watching. My orders are already in

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumdedumdum

• Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

What PerryHall said.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

you don't become real rich by being conservative, you take chances, ask any Millionaire

• Options

Oil futures going to trip the breakers

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

There you go..up 25c..

But oil up $8.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    you don't become real rich by being conservative, you take chances, ask any Millionaire

Ask poor people. You might get the same answer

• Options

Houston, we have a profit

• Options

Down to 5000 oz. I feel better. Lol. And slightly guilty since the Houti helped my cause

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Houston, we have a profit

Likely to be a turbulent week. There's also the Fed this week. And if the Saudis and or Americans strike back at Yemen or, worse, directly at Iran.

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well JM, you got yourself a drone attack against one of the largest oil refineries in the world. War talk ratcheting up. Silver is up, chaos reigns..and, what more could you ask for? :)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Down to 5000 oz. I feel better. Lol. And slightly guilty since the Houti helped my cause

Odd isn't it? There is no tragedy in the world that isn't someone else's silver lining.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    There you go..up 25c..

But oil up $8.

Up by almost $6.00.

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

No blood for oil, been there done that. Some profit off the death and destruction of others. It's a jacked up world. Semper Fi.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@ARCO said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Odd isn't it? There is no tragedy in the world that isn't someone else's silver lining.

Well, I didn't buy it for that reason. I bought it for a bloodless bounce.

• Options
    edited September 15, 2019 4:26PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@ARCO said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Well, I believe you. I work with Construction companies. A bad winter means housing slows, but landscape companies do well pushing snow. A fire puts a family out of house, but creates jobs when rebuilding. A home infested with black mold keeps restoration companies fully employed, etc etc.

• Options

Don’t forget junk food/snacks keep the “slim / trim / loose weight” industry going. :|

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

And vaping helps the health industry.
    And crack dealers help the.......oh, never mind.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

• Options

@OPA said:

@cohodk said:
    There you go..up 25c..

But oil up $8.

Up by almost $6.00.

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html

Yup...backed off a bit from the open.

• Options

Are we not having fun yet?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ARCO said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ARCO said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Well, I believe you. I work with Construction companies. A bad winter means housing slows, but landscape companies do well pushing snow. A fire puts a family out of house, but creates jobs when rebuilding. A home infested with black mold keeps restoration companies fully employed, etc etc.

It's an ill wind indeed, that blows no fortune to anyone at all.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

[yawn...stretch...] ...wh...what's going on?...

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@rte592 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

No. I know rule #1. But just because I could afford to lose money doesn't mean I WANT to lose money.

I hear ya,
    Nobody wants to lose money they work hard for.
    I think you will get even or better, it might just be longer than you would like to hold.

• Options

@rte592 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@rte592 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I hear ya,
    Nobody wants to lose money they work hard for.
    I think you will get even or better, it might just be longer than you would like to hold.

Actually, sold all 10,000 ounces last night at a slight profit. It might have farther to run, but I wanted out before the FED acts this week which could also create a big move in either direction.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Are we not having fun yet?

Oil futures would have been a LOT of fun lat night. I've never seen such volume. CLV19 traded over 450,000 contracts overnight. That's 450 MILLION barrels of oil!! Currently up about $5 per barrel, but peaked at almost +$8.5 /barrel Wild action

• Options

If I really had stones, I'd pick a price point and short oil. There's been a glut on the market and this price burst is probably not sustainable.