Home Sports Talk

Jets season over before it even started?

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the 4th quarter Sunday.
Bills score 17 unanswered.
Mosley goes down with a groin.
Bell has MRI on shoulder.
Darnold our indefinitely with, of all things Mono!
Jets next 5 games
Browns, Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys, Patriots.

And the talking heads picked the Jets for the playoffs and even unseeding the Patriots? Please.
Can they really start 0-6.
Does anyone really care besides the NY press?
I had to listen to GMF talk for 30 minutes about the Jets. Apparently all NY born.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say one sign that your team is snake bit, is when before the second game of the season, your starting QB comes down with mono.

Injuries happen, it's part of the game, but mono?

Well the good news is, if the Jets go in the tank, at least there's another New York football team in the NFL for New York fans to root for.

The bad news is that other team is the New York Giants.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Well the good news is, if the Jets go in the tank, at least there's another New York football team in the NFL for New York fans to root for.

Bills go to MetLife two weeks in a row. I don’t know if that’s ever happened before? Not taking the Giants lightly but I’ve never seen so many wide open receivers in a single game as I did against the Cowboys. My gut tells me Buffalo starts 2-0.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Jets did some good things this offseason by getting Bell and Mosley, the injuries and what not do happen. That being said losing that game to the Bills was unacceptable if I’m a Jets fan, you get that many turnovers and you can’t get a W? Really? They need better WR and DB’s, Darnold needs to get better too. So yea right now thing are not looking good for them

@2dueces said:

@stevek said:

Bills go to MetLife two weeks in a row. I don’t know if that’s ever happened before? Not taking the Giants lightly but I’ve never seen so many wide open receivers in a single game as I did against the Cowboys. My gut tells me Buffalo starts 2-0.

By "New York" I meant New York City. :)

I'm not sure there are many fans in New York City who root for the Buffalo Bills. Maybe I'm wrong.

This I know for sure. I've never met a single football fan in the Philly area who ever rooted for the Pittsburgh Steelers, even though they are also located in Pennsylvania.

All smack aside, I'm really not a Jets or Giants hater at all. I actually have the utmost respect for the great NFL history with the Giants, and also I was a big fan of Joe Namath as a kid. Both teams are just going thru some tough times right now.

For the record I don’t hate the Jets, they are pretty much irrelevant 🤷‍♂️

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019 9:14AM

I don’t hate any team and as a Bills fans but I can think of 50 reasons.
    Miami beat the Bills something like 20 times in a row during the Marino era.
    Brady is 28-3 vs Buffalo.
    Dallas was the 4:00 game every Sunday growing up in Buffalo. You either loved them or hated them. Dallas also beat the Bills twice in SB’s.
    I still don’t hate them or the above teams. Hates too strong a word to use about sports teams. I can root against them but stop short of hating.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Dallas was the 4:00 game every Sunday growing up in Buffalo. You either loved them or hated them. Dallas also beat the Bills twice in SB’s.
    I still don’t hate them or the above teams. Hates too strong a word to use about sports teams. I can root against them but stop short of hating.

The Dallas Cowboys are the only sports team i truly hate.

But I don't hate them unconditionally. For example I would enjoy seeing the Dallas Cowboys stadium disappear into a giant sinkhole, but i wouldn't want any loss of life as a result. ;)

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

@stevek said:

By "New York" I meant New York City. :)

I'm not sure there are many fans in New York City who root for the Buffalo Bills. Maybe I'm wrong.

This I know for sure. I've never met a single football fan in the Philly area who ever rooted for the Pittsburgh Steelers, even though they are also located in Pennsylvania.

All smack aside, I'm really not a Jets or Giants hater at all. I actually have the utmost respect for the great NFL history with the Giants, and also I was a big fan of Joe Namath as a kid. Both teams are just going thru some tough times right now.

It was one game for each team. I would be willing to write the Jets off because they are (right or wrong) all about Sam Darnold and I’d get mono to behind that line.

As a Giants fan, I expected to lose week 1. I also think Buffalo and Tampa are no better or worse than us. So after three games, if we’re 0-3, the I’ll concede the season is over. I watched the game and my big takeaways were Saquon needs more touches, the defense is so inexperienced and the officials picked up three separate flags - on penalties - all against the Giants.

That last bit was not the reason they lost (90% was 1 and 2) but two were straight up tackles of receivers (one a scoring play on 4th down) where a flag was thrown, picked up and then no reasonable* explanation given.

*on the scoring play, the lead official clicked on his mic and said ‘The quarterback was outside the tackle box...’ and the clicked off. That one was weird as they ran a roll out, the play was to the tackles receiver and the flag was thrown immediately upon the tackle.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

darnald might miss the senior prom too

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grote must have known the jets were going to be bad.
    No posts from him that I know of where he was excited or looking forward to the season.

Can't believe the Pats get to play the Jets and Dolphins twice.
    Talk about a walk straight into the playoffs.
    Meanwhile the Chiefs have to slug it out pretty much every week with a high caliber team.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    No posts from him that I know of where he was excited or looking forward to the season.

Meanwhile the Chiefs have to slug it out pretty much every week with a high caliber team.

I do agree with you about the Pats schedule BUT it’s not their fault their division cannot put together a decent squad. As far as Tim goes, he hangs out mainly in the card forum talking unopened and stuff

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

I do agree with you about the Pats schedule BUT it’s not their fault their division cannot put together a decent squad. As far as Tim goes, he hangs out mainly in the card forum talking unopened and stuff

that sounds much worse than being a known jets fan .

I'd put that on my tombstone with pride

sure he was a jets fan but at least he didn't play with sports cards

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

that sounds much worse than being a known jets fan .

I'd put that on my tombstone with pride

sure he was a jets fan but at least he didn't play with sports cards

So what your saying is you found this place because you were looking for a place to be sarcastic about Sports related stuff? I don’t buy that, unless your a Coin guy who got lost one day and wandered over here? 🤷‍♂️

Sports cards rock!

What I can't believe is how much some of those pokemon or magic the gathering cards are worth.
    Now that's just crazy.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    edited September 15, 2019 8:10AM

i'm a coin guy , mainly bullion really, who wandered in . This is just sports talk , cards have a separate forum , people might even post there but obviously they would rather not admit to it.

In the interest of fairness I don't want to hear about dungeons and dragons or legos or cabage patch dolls . (3 examples of things far more acceptable than sports cards fiddling ). EDit I'd like to add pogs to this list of ridiculous things

I destroyed a lot of baseball cards flipping them at summer camp around 9-12 and clipping them to bikes as a wee little baby of 7 or 8. If I had had my shit together back then I could have destroyed a lot more.

In fact, if I could go back in time (like terminator 1 not sissy terminator 3 the do-gooder) , and rub out honus wagner or whoever the toolbag was that started the whole cards thing I would leap at the chance.

Just my opinion,
    but I would much rather discuss sports cards than the
    entire life history of every member of Fleetwood Mac, which was discussed a while back.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

agree but one of the people that started a lot of those threads is MIA , glicker is still here but Jim Rome wasn't built in a day

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

The Dallas Cowboys are the only sports team i truly hate.

But I don't hate them unconditionally. For example I would enjoy seeing the Dallas Cowboys stadium disappear into a giant sinkhole, but i wouldn't want any loss of life as a result. ;)

I don’t like the LA Rams. They broke Carson Wentz’s knee, got a referee call which sent them to the Super Bowl and get another one today. They moved from LA and went to St. Louis and then moved back. The late Howard Costel used to call that “carpetbagging.” That should be their new name, The Carpetbaggers.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?