Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A very special Brasher Doubloon arrived today in the mail

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 4, 2019 11:50AM in U.S. Coin Forum

As a few of you here know that I am a big fan of Ron Landis of the Gallery Mint Museum.
I was very lucky when I was able to purchase his 1796 Proof set in gold, silver and copper.
It did not come with a case. I asked Ron if he could put together one and somehow let me display it on my desk
He not only came up with an original case he hand engraved the seal to 1796 set. Gosh its beautiful on my desk.
I've spoken to him regarding many things he has done and the process, what a great man and has time and patience to explain things!
Well I bought a special Brasher from Ron and it arrived today.It came with a handwritten letter ........I was so exited I rushed to take images and send it to him.
That when he decided to give me a Wonderfull description and details I asked him if he wouldn't mind me posting here as so many people would enjoy hearing from a top notch engraver.
I'm going to give Ron a link to the thread so he can read it .

This is the back and forth on Messenger....I erased my input as its not really needed.

The handwritten letter he gave me.

And now the Medal "One of One"..... RL instead of EB....in case you didn't notice :D

For those not familiar with the other medal referenced in the conversation
Forty-Niner Horseman

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file