Home Sports Talk

I'm going to Fenway in a few weeks and am looking for advice.

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time, never been there.
Room is booked.

Not a Red Sox fan but I am a baseball fan and going to Fenway is on my must do list.

We're going to two games when the Giants are in town. As of now it looks like the games will not be crucial to either team but that's fine. Fenway is the main attraction.

Looking at the seating chart, it's such a goofy layout, I am looking for any input on where to sit and where to NOT sit.

Also, any pre and post game suggestions would be great.

-Mark

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 10:27AM

We were up there during the WS last year, not for a game although we debated it (we had Thurs Pats/Colts tix then a couple shows Fri/Sat). Outside the outfield is a pretty hopping street, Landsdowne St.

There's a House of Blues there that we caught a show at while the Saturday night game was going on, nuts out there. See who's playing there and maybe tag-team a game/show. Some other places there too that were packed.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay out of Right Field - many seats face the wrong way! (You’ll be facing the Monster and looking behind and left for the batter-pitcher views.

Check for obstructed seats as well!

Great ballpark but a few quirks in the seats.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

no standing room only seats , the red sox are awful and you will surely fall asleep and fall to your death

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Check with Ace tickets for good seats
    I don't trust any of the scalpers and do not recommend them.
    . I myself always like left field seats behind the dugout or right field behind the dugout.
    You want the best seats you can get as it probably will be the only time you will be going there.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to a game last summer. I grew up there but hadn't been to a game probably since the mid 90s.

When I walked in it was just how I remembered. Just amazing like going back in time. Get the best seats you can. Do not expect to be comfortable. Enjoy it. It's a treasure.

• Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Best seats I've had included behind home plate, and just before and behind dugouts. All have been from season ticket holders.
    I've been told Green Monster seats in some sections are the bomb, but not sure which sections on the wall they are. A little research may hel on exactly which ones are recommended.
    Never sit in bleachers on a day game. Sun is brutal, and you'll never see the game. Also avoid anything down right field line before/after Pesky Pole.
    I've been fortunate I know people who own great seats. If I hadn't, I would try to get best seats I could from the areas I mentioned. As someone mentioned above, ACE Tickets is where to go. I'd avoid scalpers, never in my life trusted them.

Yardhouse Bar Is where I go pregame for drinks. Huge selection of beers on tap, food looks good, a little pricey. I am old school, so I only eat at sausage vendors outside the park, or hot dogs in stadium.

Have fun!

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Root for the Sox.

Daniel
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Seats are extremely small. Lots of obstructed views.

• @markj111 said:
    Seats are extremely small. Lots of obstructed views.

I agree, that's why you need to choose wisely.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 11:56PM

Had a great time today.
    Thanks for the advice.
    15 inning game 😳.

Pesky pole:

Green monster:

Our seats tonight. Way better than the pic suggests:

Little Yaz was a fan favorite and welcomed as one of their own.
    Big ovations.
    He crushed a homerun to center field. Special moment.

Back at it tomorrow.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Saw Yaz’s Grandson hit a HR! You saw a great game!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome pics! Glad you had fun

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fenway is the BEST! It is an absolute treasure. A thriving piece of American history.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you enjoyed the magic of Fenway Pahk. B)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good less expensive seats are down the left field line. The most overrated seats are down the right field line. The angles are terrible. You will spend the whole game twisted at an uncomfortable angle.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?