Home Sports Talk

Does anyone think Antonio Brown will work out well for the Raiders?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now it seems he refuses to practice without his favorite helmet.
This looks like a disaster in the making for Raiders' fans.
Comic relief, if a Chiefs fan.
This is not going to work out.
Just like Oakland hiring Gruden was the best thing ever for a Chief's fan, this has to be second best.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2019 5:08PM

Brown is a can’t miss talent and BEAST when he wants to play BUT something happened to him in Pittsburgh and he turned into the biggest doosh. He has a terrible attitude and thinks he is above everyone else, that being said I plan on him being an even bigger doosh in Oakland since Carr will not deliver him 100+ catches and all the yards and TD’s like he had in Pittsburgh. So in short no I don’t think he will work out and think he will be a bust in Oakland.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a scumbag prima donna! There seems to be a lot of these showing up lately!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

perk- I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes but they're having trouble with
    him already not showing up for practice and they haven't even played their first pre season game.
    I'm with you I think he's going to be a bust.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

The Raiders deserve him.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only imagine that the Steelers and Pittsburgh beat writers must have kept silent if Brown was anything like this in the past, it's not the actions I can remember him showing before last season. what does he think he has to prove and why wouldn't he just want to play Football??

@keets said:
    I can only imagine that the Steelers and Pittsburgh beat writers must have kept silent if Brown was anything like this in the past, it's not the actions I can remember him showing before last season. what does he think he has to prove and why wouldn't he just want to play Football??

Who knows what goes thru the minds of these prima donna's.

@keets said:

He thinks he is above the game and too good for everyone. He has turned into a top tier jerk

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

a lesser team......the wrong side of 30......expect a drop-off in his numbers from here on out

slowly but surely he's going to get sucked into the black hole he now plays for

@perkdog said:

@keets said:

He thinks he is above the game and too good for everyone. He has turned into a top tier jerk

Totally agree!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

no one is going to work out for the raiders . Brown got there and realized what it was going to be like and wants a do over

@bronco2078 said:
    no one is going to work out for the raiders . Brown got there and realized what it was going to be like and wants a do over

The GM is getting tired of his antics over the whole helmet thing. What a WPOC AB is! And so is Bell & Zeke!

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

The GM is getting tired of his antics over the whole helmet thing. What a WPOC AB is! And so is Bell & Zeke!

never mind the GM he hired Gruden his plan was obviously tankapalooza from the get go

I thought it was 100% obvious he was tanking it

@perkdog said:
    https://deadspin.com/the-raiders-are-fed-up-with-antonio-brown-1837364477/amp If I’m Gruden I’m cutting this guy right now

Maybe that would send a message to all these prima donna's that think the world revolves around them!!

I see where Zeke took offence to the "Who's Zeke" comment after Pollard had a good game. Tough crap Zeke! You can be replaced!!

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen bumper stickers which state:

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Maybe AB has adopted that slogan as his own; choosing to become the poster child of an............... NFL DIVA!!!!!!! :)

Then again, maybe AB is using this dispute over what helmet he can or cannot wear as a ploy to enable him to escape having to participate in preseason practices and games.

He may hold "practice" in the same low regard as Allen Iverson does.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP’s question?

Depends on how success is defined. He will make them better but he comes with all this. If there’s a franchise that has been able to pull it off, history says the Raiders would be the team...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019 3:55PM

Baby needs bottle waaaaaaaa!
    Baby needs helmet waaaaaaaa!

@SanctionII said:
    Then again, maybe AB is using this dispute over what helmet he can or cannot wear as a ploy to enable him to escape having to participate in preseason practices and games.

In other words he is just being a POS. That’s all, no need to candy coat it. It is what it is, the guy is acting up and being the biggest high maintenance POS, when you can skip out on something that over 50 other guys are doing and be “That Guy” to not be with them then your a loser plain and simple.

@perkdog said:

@SanctionII said:

In other words he is just being a POS. That’s all, no need to candy coat it. It is what it is, the guy is acting up and being the biggest high maintenance POS, when you can skip out on something that over 50 other guys are doing and be “That Guy” to not be with them then your a loser plain and simple.

Couldn't agree more Paul!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over a helmet?

Almost hard to believe.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    He is a scumbag prima donna! There seems to be a lot of these showing up lately!

Probably true, but i am in favor of the player in this instance. New helmet is probably little more than a marketing ploy. They have no idea if it will prove to lessen concussions, at least for a few more years. Grandfather the veterans in as hockey did with the helmet rule about 4 decades ago.

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Probably true, but i am in favor of the player in this instance. New helmet is probably little more than a marketing ploy. They have no idea if it will prove to lessen concussions, at least for a few more years. Grandfather the veterans in as hockey did with the helmet rule about 4 decades ago.

It's a helmet for crying out loud. He misses meetings and practices over a helmet! He was trouble in Pittsburgh...……

$crew him!!

he is just trying to get out of playing for that team . If he was smart he'd dye his hair red and go on injured reserve. Some stupid teams will hand you millions for that. You just get money and never have to play because of your disability.

Fun fact having red hair qualifies one for a handicap license plate in all 50 states .

my only exposure to football this week ..... binge watching hunter on roku .

2 safeties in one game that record will never be broken

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It's a helmet for crying out loud.

You get used to certain stuff, Jon. Like sandals with white socks.

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Not if means millions of $$$$$ Job!! :)

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I hate to admit it but I have found my self wearing socks with my slides more than I care to admit. I’m not on AB’s side in any way on this, The gear is what the NFL decides is allowed not AB. CUT HIM

AB got in a fight with Raiders GM Mike Mayock and is going to be suspended

this is straight-up laughable now

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Verbal, not physical, but yeah.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an athlete go from just being a superstar to a complete jerk like AB has, it’s crazy the complete 180 this guy has done.

edited September 5, 2019 12:17PM

@LarkinCollector said:

@galaxy27 said:

Verbal, not physical, but yeah.

thank you for making it more clearly comprehensible

edit: the physical sparring match will be next week

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancer.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

I just posted that because it’s kinda funny, I don’t believe any of it for a second.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we sure the NFL does drug testing?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he watched too many episodes of Ballers and will end up like Rickie. I love him as a person and a player. I am Steeler fan so this one is hard.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

I wonder if AB will play on Monday night for the Raiders against Denver?

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

I'm under the impression that the Raiders have suspended him, it's just the length of the suspension that is unknown at this time.

If released, I can certainly see Brown being an Andy Reid reclamation project.

I couldn't care less if I tried about how the Raiders do or what happens to AB! He's a POS prima donna!! :D

@countdouglas said:

@SanctionII said:

I'm under the impression that the Raiders have suspended him, it's just the length of the suspension that is unknown at this time.

If released, I can certainly see Brown being an Andy Reid reclamation project.

60 TD's for Mahomes then , but reid still screws up in the last 2 minutes of the big game

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

So AB walks into the building today and in my best Peewee Herman says “I’m sorry!” Too young? Cheech and Chong. Yeah I bet he had a few hours to think about $30M he almost gave up. Not sure all is forgiven but he must be on the roster week 1 for the $30M. And yes this is what was just reported

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    So AB walks into the building today and in my best Peewee Herman says “I’m sorry!” Too young? Cheech and Chong. Yeah I bet he had a few hours to think about $30M he almost gave up. Not sure all is forgiven but he must be on the roster week 1 for the $30M. And yes this is what was just reported

"I'm not sorry I took the money!" ;)

As an ex NFL fan, this is the only league related story I am hearing...beyond the score of the Bears- Packers game.

I am out of any demographic that advertisers value so my opinion is worthless, but this is not good for those that want to get past the thug brand that the game has adopted.

The Raiders organization should be embarrassed. What a joke

@Coinstartled said:
    As an ex NFL fan, this is the only league related story I am hearing...beyond the score of the Bears- Packers game.

I am out of any demographic that advertisers value so my opinion is worthless, but this is not good for those that want to get past the thug brand that the game has adopted.

All I care about is the game being played and the New England Patriots doing well. I don’t have any attachments to the players or the completely incompetent people that run the league and police these players. Yes Tom Brady is my one favorite player that I will defend as far as his QB’ing goes but even him I have zero interest in ever meeting or talking to. I can sorta relate to you coin but I prostitute the NFL and the players for my enjoyment.