Home Sports Talk
Options

Does anyone think Antonio Brown will work out well for the Raiders?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

No argument, Perk. Good thing about living two hours from the nearest pro team is that it is easier to walk away.

Even though I no longer tune in the off filed antics are still entertaining, I suppose.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

The focus, drive, mental energy and physical effort expended by persons who reach the very top of their craft or field (by it athletics, music, science, business and other areas of human endeavor) has a tendency to produce persons who can be one dimensional. Take these persons outside of their narrow area of expertise and they can experience difficulties.

The times that I have interacted with such persons has left me with the thought that it is more rewarding to interact with persons who are multidimensional, having lives that contain multiple components, interests and experiences.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    The focus, drive, mental energy and physical effort expended by persons who reach the very top of their craft or field (by it athletics, music, science, business and other areas of human endeavor) has a tendency to produce persons who can be one dimensional. Take these persons outside of their narrow area of expertise and they can experience difficulties.

Very eloquently put however there is no excuse for being a completely ignorant jerk.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@SanctionII said:

Very eloquently put however there is no excuse for being a completely ignorant jerk.

Mrs. Dimeman says "there is no excuse for bad manners"! She says what she means and means what she says! ;)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@SanctionII said:

I agree, sanctionll put it very eloquently but I think its more that guys like Antonio Brown think catching
    a football is the greatest skill in the history of the world and they have an ego to match that crazy perception.
    They don't really seem to have a grasp on what the real world is all about.

• Options

Well, it's clear to everyone now who runs the Raider's organization and it clearly NOT the GM!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect AB is a royal pain for anyone he is around, including, well everyone. As Perkdog stated he may just be an ignorant jerk.

Then again maybe he just does not like practice and figures the quan he makes should be earned only on the field when hff Ames count.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Nope.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2019 6:05AM

But it’s ok for Antonio Brown to hurl a racial slur. If the parties involved each had a different skin color this would be headline news all over ever media outlet in the country. Anyone that don’t think it’s a double standard is 100% fooling themselves. What a complete joke

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

the worst part of this entire saga was the disingenuous apology yesterday. the absolute only reason that happened is because someone (probs his agent) roped him like a calf and reminded him that he was on the verge of pulling a David Blaine act with 30 million dollars.

just wait until the Raiders start languishing in mediocrity and his numbers plummet..........i guarantee you this bad boy still has legs

• Options

@perkdog said:
    But it’s ok for Antonio Brown to hurl a racial slur. If the parties involved each had a different skin color this would be headline news all over ever media outlet in the country. Anyone that don’t think it’s a double standard is 100% fooling themselves. What a complete joke

TOTALLY AGREE !!!

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

My buddy is 100% on thinking he has CTE now and it’s causing this behavior

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brown doesn't get his 30 million signing bonus his agent doesnt get his slice of the 30 million :D no wonder he is freaked

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@artee said:
    Nope.

Wow. Just a few hours later. Didn't think I could ever be right that quick! Must go run and tell the wife.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, this thread exceeded my wildest expectations.

Did not even play one game for the Raiders!

If the Chiefs win tomorrow this will be a great week.