Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Update: Rocking and Rolling in California in July, EARTHQUAKES 7.1 & 6.4 Post a rock and roll song

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 5, 2019 8:33PM in U.S. Coin Forum

CA EARTHQUAKES 7.1 and 6.4 Post a rock and roll song

https://youtu.be/-cfc3rCQOuU

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Shake rattle and roll”

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Felt some light trembling here in Vegas.

• Options
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was just a small concert.... wait until the 'Woodstock' of earthquakes hits.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was rocking and rolling for 15-20 seconds here just outside of Los Angeles... some furniture creaking and lots of stuff swaying, but no damage. Have a great 4th!!!

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

My quake alert ap said 6.6. Has it already been downgraded?

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

I barely felt it in Central California......about 230 miles from the epicenter.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2019 12:09PM

I sure did feel it. About an hour ago. I was in the house so I felt it. The lovely Mrs. Hydrant was outside so as is quite common, she heard it but she didn't feel it. Yep, earthquakes can be quite loud. The loudest one I remember sounded like a heavy artillery blast. Close by. You could actually feel the reverberation from the sound. This one today wasn't severe at all but the worry is that a bigger quake will soon follow.

• Options

@291fifth said:
    Check Saddle Ridge for more gold!!!!!!!!

Ridgecrest has some serious gold which definitely got shook.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in the bathroom. My toilet is usually more stationary than it was. :)

One tends to become a pretty good seismometer over time while living here. While it wasn't really bad here in the OC, I just had a feeling it was big "somewhere".

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

180 miles from epicenter. Didn't notice it. Darn it!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2019 1:18PM

For you guys and gals in the Midwest, South, and East ...

https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM

• Options

Getting calls from folks up north. I hear it was a REALLY big shaker!

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2019 6:38PM

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was skimming the pool when it hit. I suspected it was an earthquake when a small wave hit me. For real

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

ONLY 6.4? Sounds like a loud BURP or maybe a big FART (who dunnit?) in CAL more than a quake. 7.1 AK in Nov still repairing damages. Oh carp that was insensitive...f me... :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    ONLY 6.4? Sounds like a loud BURP or maybe a big FART (who dunnit?) in CAL more than a quake. 7.1 AK in Nov still repairing damages. Oh carp that was insensitive...f me... :)

I still remember this like it was yesterday.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1994 quake of comparable magnitude had some heavy things fall in the house and scare the living **** out of me. I didn't even notice this one. Hopefully, this was the once in 20-25 year magnitude 6 + earthquake we seem to get in southern California. We have been due for something like this to happen.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another earthquake this morning at just after 4 a.m.. Our building swayed for about 90 seconds. Cat and dog slept through it.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

I was in Seward Alaska in 1999 with my wife eating lunch in a cafe over the water. All the sudden things started shaking and the guys next to us ask the waitress what was going on. She said it is just a boat starting up. At that point the glass hanging upside down in the bar started shaking and all employees were heading out.

I was a 6.0 but very deep. if it was worse I could either fall of into the 42 degree water and drowned or go the other way and try to miss all the huge rocks on the side of the mountain that would roll down on the town.

I think I will remain in Texas even though we had a tornado go next to our house last week. No deaths but quite a bit of damage closer into town.

• Options

Wow just had another at 8:20pm. This one was a mover and shaker

m

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

7.1 that was noticeably bigger and longer

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep felt it again here a few minutes ago in Vegas but only slight roll.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

That lasted a LONG time here. They've updated it to a 6.9 now...like that's better, or something....

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options

@TommyType said:
    That lasted a LONG time here. They've updated it to a 6.9 now...like that's better, or something....

It was too long. Lights were a swinging

m

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

My roommate and I used to do running races. We have medal hangers on the wall and all of the medals were swinging around clanging into each other. Dogs were a bit freaked out and the cat went tearing off up stairs and is hiding under a bed now.

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    edited July 6, 2019 11:55AM

@SiriusBlack said:
    My roommate and I used to do running races. We have medal hangers on the wall and all of the medals were swinging around clanging into each other. Dogs were a bit freaked out and the cat went tearing off up stairs and is hiding under a bed now.

Please check to see if my dog is with your cat.

m

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019 10:03PM

The chandelier was swinging and one foot waves in the pool while the house was a rocking and rolling. This was the biggest earthquake in the last twenty years in California

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Akbeez said:

I still remember this like it was yesterday.

m

By East Coast standards that was pretty intense. >:):D

On a serious note, I hope everyone on the West Coast is safe. Unfortunately, I fear that a stronger quake might hit. I hope I'm wrong on that point.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in a 6.9 quake in Seattle.... This one today was a 7.1... That is a SERIOUS shaker..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was watching the wsop main event last night and they suspended play there because of the earthquake.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Felt them both real good in Chatsworth, first one seemed like a 40 seconds the 7.1 seemed like a minute.
    I usually drive through Ridgecrest and Trona when we camp out in Death Valley

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at my computer checking on after shocks of the 6.4 EQ. when the 7.1 EQ hit! I am 180 miles south. I FELT the 7.1 EQ. About 10 seconds. Ran out with the Wife and watched the pool water sloshing and the chandelier swaying inside. Woo Hoo!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

We are on solid rock down here in San Diego, we hardly ever feel a quake :|

• Options
    edited July 6, 2019 6:31PM

It just keeps on shaking around here. What 3-4 days now? Nothing like this ever that I can remember. Maybe everyone in the other lower 47 will have their wish come true and California WILL drop off into the Pacific Ocean. I'm starting to think I should have paid more attention to all of those earthquake insurance offers! Or maybe should have been working on an ark. HOLD ON!!!!!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay safe. I would say move is better as many consider that area a world to itself but I am sure you love your land so just stay safe.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/w5jwxrTqoEA

Rush 2112 best album in my youth

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭

The House Is Rockin' https://g.co/kgs/siffrs

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 on the 1978 Rock and Roll charts

https://youtu.be/fNFzfwLM72c

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Sacrilegious to put the Bee Gees in a Rock and Roll Thread :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file