Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Did anyone here go to the IPMS in Kansas City?

goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to all 40 IPMS in Memphis. I have not been to any of the three in Kansas City. Does anyone have a report?

Comments

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone?

Thanks. Very glad that I did not go.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I had a great time at the show too! Sunday always seems to be a big buying day for me even though limited dealers stick it out until the end.

Sorry you missed out on the raffle... but I’ll happily gloat and proudly display my spoils!

• I was there. Very disappointing compared to previous years and especially compared to the old Memphis shows. Dealer turnout was down. There was nothing to buy and no bargains on anything really. No PCGS registry awards dinner for first time. The presentations were good and it's always fun to do the SPMC breakfast. But I don't see myself going back again if they keep it at the same location. It wasn't worth the trip costs and traveling from California.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    I went to all 40 IPMS in Memphis. I have not been to any of the three in Kansas City. Does anyone have a report?

:o

Excuse my ignorance, but after 40 consecutive years of attending the same show, don’t you miss the people that you’ve met and liked during these 4 decades? Is it just you, or a whole bunch of paper money friends who boycott the new location?

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

I had not bought anything at Memphis the last 5 years. Memphis was only a few hours away but Kansas City is about 3 times as far. A lot of the dealers and collectors that I have known for decades have sadly passed away.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry to hear it and I certainly understand your decision better now. Thank you.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3