Home U.S. Coin Forum

Indian 10 GTG....have at it!

I picked this up awhile back on the Bay from a auction...I was the only bidder. It sits in one of our hosts earlier holders. The pics were taken with a new iPad under led 60w equivalent lights and some natural. The obverse fields are represented well by the photos.

Tagged:

Comments

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Looks nice to my eyes although it's definitely out of my area of collecting.
    Trade $'s
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019 3:48PM

Keeping in mind that I don't know that series...don't collect gold....and hardly ever grade ANYTHING above my mental limit of MS-65....

I'll say MS-65. :)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first set of images had me thinking MS64 and the second set, MS63. None of them show the coin under good light, and the fact that the obverse scratches didn’t show up in the first set makes me wonder what other flaws might be hidden. Still, my guess is MS63.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• IndulgerIndulger Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

All good guesses and I agree with @MFeld, not such good light to show off the scratches. This is my first go at posting a gtg and I thank everyone for participating! Will reveal a bit later...

.....no correct grades yet!

• TradesWithChopsTradesWithChops Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭

UNC details cleaning. thats the usual way of it with these sorts of photos :D

Minor Variety Trade dollar's with chop marks set:
    More Than It's Chopped Up To Be

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

62 congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

@Indulger said:
    All good guesses and I agree with @MFeld, not such good light to show off the scratches. This is my first go at posting a gtg and I thank everyone for participating! Will reveal a bit later...

@Indulger said:

If guesses of 63, 64 and 65 are all good guesses, something is very wrong.😉

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

my WAG is 58 due to what looks like some rub on the eagle's "shoulder." Whatever it grades, looks really nice.

• CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019 6:29PM

I'm going to say AU-58 is the holder it should be in, based on the images.

Got Crust....y gold?
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

First impression was very pq, or cleaned, hard to tell from the pics...

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    62 congrats!

We have a winner! Congrats!

I think it’s under graded by a point or two by today’s standards, but I like it in the old holder. This pic captures the luster better. What looks like rub on the reverse looks more like a weak strike to me.

Thanks again everyone for your input! I will try to do better with the pics next time

@MFeld said:

@Indulger said:

@Indulger said:

If guesses of 63, 64 and 65 are all good guesses, something is very wrong.😉

That’s the holder where I could see this go into possibly....but probably not a 65!

Thanks for the input!

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, as bad as it was, my MS-65 guess looks better with an MS-62 coin than it would have with an AU-58. :)

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it). :)

Easily distracted Type Collector

@TommyType said:
    Well, as bad as it was, my MS-65 guess looks better with an MS-62 coin than it would have with an AU-58. :)

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it). :)

Roger That! Thanks for playin!

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

62 my a** !

Beauty. :star:

@SeattleSlammer said:
    62 my a** !

Beauty. :star:

If you didn’t already do so, take a good look at the second obverse photo. It shows some scratches that are not apparent in the other pictures. The images present very different appearances and I’d give PCGS the very strong benefit of the doubt.

@SeattleSlammer said:
    62 my a** !

Beauty.

I agree and Thanks! I don’t care what the holder says....I bought the coin!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the game... but I would have guessed 62... really... of course, it would have been a 'guess'...as they always are.... ;) Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Late to the game... but I would have guessed 62... really... of course, it would have been a 'guess'...as they always are.... ;) Cheers, RickO

Haha! Awesome...better late then never....great guess!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at 62. A nice 62 though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file