Home U.S. Coin Forum

Watchung show report

ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it was quite the foggy in the early a.m. drive on 287 west sortve like a sci fi movie lol. I havent been to a local show in 3 months and at least 5 years that i havent been at this show thats held at the elks lodge. My wishlist was really a S or CC DMPL in 63 or 64. I noticed it was relatively quiet and i remember when the 10am call it was flooded. After making my rounds i noticed i wasnt gonna find either of the 2 which was ok with me b.c i still ended up with bags of goodies!! Imho bullion sales very very slow and i noticed some type coins moving with some modern sets. The thing that brings back memories was binders full of coins to make sets which was nice because i did see some yn with lists and albums!

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ike126 Thanks for the report and good to hear that YNs were in attendance.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. I really like the 42-S quarter. And that Merc looks like it must've toned in the slab.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the report.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. I like the Superbird!

Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your new pickups.
    Thanks for the report.
    Coin shows are so much more fun and satisfying than surfing the web/eBay.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

nice newps!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good report and Thank you.... That Superbird is a nice pickup at that grade. Interesting that bullion was slow....with the recent slight dip, I thought it would pick up a bit. Oh well, people missing the dip again... ;) Cheers, RickO

• ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone i will get better pictures of the slabs later in the week. The 42s quarter is a solid 65 for the holder and has that frost i really like with the washies it will fit great next 2 my 41s in 65. I made sure i got the superbird because i sold one years ago and wanted a slabed one. The morgans are all solid for the grade and the 62 is the best I've ever seen for being called a 62.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file