Home Precious Metals

Friday Loot, what did you get?

JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

Great bar!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jjm fantastic looming cooling flow lines.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice bar, I like. thats cool on how that goes round and round on the bar

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice, and unique silver bar.... really great cooling pool... Cheers, RickO

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little late to the party but I did my part adding to the stash this past week or so. I do like to grab stuff here and there to add to the stash, I actually like not keeping an accurate count that way when I do take it out and go through it I get a little thrill seeing where my count is at, then adding to it for awhile before doing another “Count”.

@Downtown1974 said:
    Some miscellaneous gold 10ths that I grabbed to fill a tube.

Edited to add.....sorry for the lousy pic. Looks like I took the picture with a potato.

Love the gold!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    @asheland I love those poured Silvertownes!

Indeed, I don't care that they're new, it's still poured and I love them! :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some very nice gold here... The silver is nice too, but I am partial to gold... ;) Cheers, RickO

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    Very cool!
    I just got this today:

I like the 5oz loaves much.
    I had dozens of then including a bunch of Scottsdale bought off their site and bay auctions.
    Stack on.

@mapleman Thanks! I agree, they are addictive. :)
    I don't know if you saw it a couple of months ago, I got the vintage Silver Towne 100:

edited April 11, 2019 7:22AM

AllEngelhard said that 100oz Silver Towne bar dates to the 1977-79 period... A little older than I initially thought.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I don't know if you saw it a couple of months ago, I got the vintage Silver Towne 100:

I remember it... Round the same time I got this awesome toned silver town 10oz bar.

Willing to let it go to a new home if anyone needs it for their collection (it's my only silver town)

It's all about what the people want...

@asheland said:

I did serial an waffle back I think. Good find.
    Best
    J> @asheland said:

AllEngelhard said that 100oz Silver Towne bar dates to the 1977-79 period... A little older than I initially thought.

I could be mistaken on the waffle back maybe the 10s he them. Please advise

My 100 doesn't have the waffle back, but my friend that sold me this 100 got another one in and it does have the waffle back. I guess it's hit and miss with the Silver Townes.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mapleman said:

@asheland said:

I did serial an waffle back I think. Good find.
    Best
    J> @asheland said:

I could be mistaken on the waffle back maybe the 10s he them. Please advise

The 10oz I have has the waffle back

It's all about what the people want...

I recall that the earlier series has them.> @asheland said:

My 100 doesn't have the waffle back, but my friend that sold me this 100 got another one in and it does have the waffle back. I guess it's hit and miss with the Silver Townes.

@mapleman said:
    I recall that the earlier series has them.> @asheland said:

Actually that makes sense as the bar he has is in the 8000's and mine is 21,000's

@Downtown1974 said:
    @asheland nice pick up as usual! Another 100 oz. brick for the pile.

Thank you! :)

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always liked the maple leaf on the gold coin.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zubie said:
    My first 50 oz JM Bars! These are really cool bars! Anyone know what the "B" is at the end of the serial number?

B 4 bodacious?
    :p

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

Classic pieces WildIdea!!! Nice!

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

Nice bar Joe!!!

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zubie said:
    Classic pieces WildIdea!!! Nice!

Thanks @Zubie
    I like my silver to be vintage, when I can. Don’t ask me why, it probably appeals to me more as some kind of reassurance that my elders knew something we don’t, proof that they put their trust in metal. I think it’s prettier and cooler than modern issues made lately.

There are a few shops around I frequent and they know I like it so they set it back. These pieces typically go for 25 bucks an Oz on eBay. I paid 19. They’re happy cause they don’t have to hassle with listing and fees and still make a few bucks, and I’m happy I don’t have to pay 25 and deal through eBay either over a few oz of silver. It pays to just sit tight and not chase this stuff and just add it as it dribbles in. I think that if I ever need to get out if it, I’ll able to find another who appreciates it as much as I do, and if not, I don’t think I’ll get that hurt too much.

@OPA said:
    Got a "handful" of these in the mail.

Vey nice! They look thick. What’s the dimensions?

Side by side comparison with an ASE?

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just look at this thread and think, "wow, neat stuff!"

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@OPA said:
    Got a "handful" of these in the mail.

Vey nice! They look thick. What’s the dimensions?

Side by side comparison with an ASE?

about twice as thick as an ASE...... 6 mm thick, with a diameter of 39mm.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Almost a quarter inch!

Awesome stuff guys! I also much prefer the vintage stuff and also don't chase it. I've gotten some cool stuff by being patient.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my 2019 Buffalo Proof. <3

Trouble with these coins is that it had the same design every year. The nice thing about these coins is that they have the same design every year. :)

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

dpoole, that is the coolest-looking coin I've seen since, since, well...…….since last year. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool old ring. Did you look up the Hallmarks? I've never seen a fish.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a renewal notice from the Grey sheet with a 20% discount offer. It was like looting. :blush: