Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Day 6,022 of collecting and still no Bickford Dollar.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 10, 2019 9:41PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, what's stopping you from bidding??

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 4:09AM

@Coinstartled How much did you bid? Do you think it's too high?

• Options

@keets said:
    yeah, what's stopping you from bidding??

I did bid. Just not enough.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

When your 'want' and 'resources' are sufficient, your bid will be successful.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an AU 55 on eBay now for $110 or best offer and some others for varying prices.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

12 at least on ebay currently.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is STILL Below $200 ..... go ahead with the sake of completing and still waiting after 6,023 days by now :s

Try walk the talk! She is calling you!!!!

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

The token is not rare.

Poor Dana Bickford never grasped why it was an impractical idea.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is an MS-64, which probably would not be good enough for you. I found it at a FUN show in fairly short order.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    The token is not rare.

Neither did some people in the Federal Government when they tried to push the Stella or $4 gold.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

The only support in government for any of Hubbell's "ideas" came from Rep. Stephens. Everyone at the Mint and Treasury knew the ideas were absurd.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is patiently waiting for PCGS holder :):)

@BillJones said:
    This one is an MS-64, which probably would not be good enough for you. I found it at a FUN show in fairly short order.

• Options

That is a Prince of a coin!

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    The token is not rare.

I recently purchased my first Bickford Dollar. It is the second So-Called Dollar in my collection. I only have interest in a couple more. Please educate me Roger. What reasons would it be impractical? The ever changing exchange rates? It is a cool piece of Americana to me.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 5:31AM

@Coinstartled said:
    only buy coins in PCGS holders.

This can be a workable approach for coins but you can be waiting for a very long time for exonumia.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2019 6:47AM

yes, oh wise one, please explain why it was impractical. evidently the EU figured something out.

--- back to the OP, if you PM we may be able to work something out if you really want one.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

hope you get one real soon best wishes

• Options

@Zoins said:

@Coinstartled said:
    only buy coins in PCGS holders.

This can be a workable approach for coins but you can be waiting for a very long time for exonumia.

...and Pez dispensers.

:#

• Options

Keets - If you cannot figure out why Bickford's idea was impractical on your own, then nothing I could say would help.

• Options

the Master of all knowledge who refuses to divulge any!! :p it's a simple question asked by two of us, won't you educate us??

• Options
    edited March 30, 2019 12:54PM

Keets - Certainly not going to play to someone as unpleasant as you seem to be.

Give the subject some thought - Bickford was trying to solve a problem without understanding the circumstances that created the problem.

• Options

Strange arm tattoos of the lady....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file