Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sorry about all the trash Photos. let me Explain my intent.

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your were "sorry about all the trash photos" why would you post something like this in someones thread?

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2019 9:29PM

Is that Domo Kun? Holding a balloon? In front of snoopy? Under clouds and a cheese curl?
    Or a decapitated snoopy? So many questions.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was one of the starting points which moved me to get bitten, by the trade I guess I can call this, hobby. Ive done many designs , logos, and nation wide ads. Don't forget I had the best advantage as to review other TOP DESIGN or marketing firms if you will. PRESSMAN . The last phase of a campaign or go you one better signed and numbered Prints, as they came off press. DETAILS PERFECT. Disney, Perfect! Just fooling around with the Di Vince style in art. NOW ITS very serious to me and again nothing has been tampered with on my end. DG. Now if their from another source you get what you got. DG
    Did not. see photo
    Remember 42 inch screen here

try this

this is wacko but I was bored

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this becoming surreal?

Smitten with DBLCs.

sry bout the photo . I forgot. please accept my, the MY BAD ! I hate that saying. I am sorry .DG

Just Art ing with class." Buzz Lightyear" want to see the original with out graffiti. did not think so

If anyone is still checking in , can you explain what happened or a guess. Don't see any scratches any where. looks blunt or cracked die at the letter

• @emeraldATV said:
    Hey everyone Thanks for your response, Haven't gotten to read all but will asap tonight.
    here is my latest problem child. Is that a D under the 9.
    PS
    Volume II of this study will soon be posted.

Hi I haven't really posted here but I really felt the need to give a small bit of advise because I have been where you are in this very post and guess what fixed it... A magnifying glass that wasn't so dang strong. For some reason when I started out looking at all my "Trash Coins" as some of these "Too Good for everyone REAL COLLECTORS" would call them I felt I needed the strongest loupe possible. I seen all sorts of crap and I even got some great photos of the crap which then only solidified to me that I was right haha Until I learned about the break down of materials and actually learned about the composition of the coins I was looking at. Trust me I'm learning everyday and I've been studying as much as I did for my degree. Make sure your coin is "Eye Clean" before you bust out the big guns lol just hold it under natural light and let that show you if there is an error or just a contact mark aka PMD. You would be surprised at how well you could see doubled die errors RPM'S ETC they look almost fuzzy like you have to blink a few times and look at it again. The ultimate goal is a coin that is so beautiful you don't want to touch it and the Error just sits there winking at you no magnifying glass needed. All the others you happen to come across just put them away until you have learned enough about the vast topic of errors to take another EDUCATED look at them. I horded every coin I came across for almost 8 years!!! I still want to smack myself lol Anyway You've got this! Never stop being curious I look at every coin I come in contact with and I still horde crappy coins and guess what I roll them up and take them to the bank haha Sorry roll hunters. Lastly, "Coin Talk" is a decent place to post crappy coins and get good responses from humble people who remember the frustration and excitement of being new to this lifestyle. Coop is the Lincoln Cent guy he's a Stern one but he knows his stuff. Alright corporate America calls Happy Collecting :)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a good rule of thumb for you. The coin is beat up, corroded or altered from the condition it was when it left the mint, the chances are extremely high that what you see is post mint damage (PMD). Such pieces have no numismatic value. Genuine errors are unusual and not seen that often. Some collectors search $50 bags of cents in hopes of finding one or two. To qualify for any premium, such pieces must be undamaged and usually high grade.

Many people are willing to help a new collector, but when you post up “junk” time and time again, you try people’s patience.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I'm on call today Till 8 pm est be back asap. sry

I Suggest,
    The coin is beat up, corroded or altered from the mint, before it left. Thus Mint parkinglot damage. MPD. Just a thought , Please remember its a hobby. Also the steps on rev could be an indicator of handeling as in a business strike.
    No worries, Don't need to sell anything. I go by the bird in hand, A JOB. which I enjoy. Thanks for your input. Irk & Bill, David

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the new pics in a single thread. I genuinely and sincerely appreciate that you are keeping them in a single place now.

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the new pics in a single thread. I genuinely and sincerely appreciate that you are keeping them in a single place now.

But he is not, he is posting junk to other peoples threads too.

Don't forget With Style And realted Photo as per thread. lol

I'm all sports

@3stars said:
    As someone once said "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul" ;)

Agree

Gotta go you know. duty calls. bbk @ 8pm

edited March 17, 2019 2:37PM

Ooops!

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something doesn't look right with those shades.

edited March 17, 2019 2:37PM

@cecropiamoth said:
    Something doesn't look right with those shades.

Yeah B)

Its so nice work is about a mile away

This guy thinks its funny.

Is this two !

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is "Pressman"?

Pressman on a on a 640 kamori. RE: 6 color 40 inch 4 million dollar printing press, without direct to press abilities
    HAPPY ST. PATRICS DAY. Here are some fireworks. But in a national park please !

NOT IS MISSING. SRY. <<<<>>>>DG

WHY IS THIS EDIT MANUFACTURING ITS OWN STATE NT

They tell me a rolling cent does'ent gather ....Ah... I forgot.!

• LyndagLyndag Posts: 99 ✭✭

As I was a newbie a month ago, I had to take the advice of others and learn before I hack, research and do my best to educate myself With that being said I can’t resist posting this coin as a tribute to my past ignorance. Here goes!! Looking forward to the backlash. Lol

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019 6:01AM

LyndaG said:

“As I was a newbie a month ago, I had to take the advice of others and learn before I hack, research and do my best to educate myself With that being said I can’t resist posting this coin as a tribute to my past ignorance. Here goes!! Looking forward to the backlash. Lol”

That’s interesting...

“...before I hack...”

Cool.!?"# @ * ? \ Q :neutral:

1989 U.S.A. cent. Not clear on the designers style of mark, according to LCRC 1988 & 1998 error. The G does have The Flaired affect . just another pair of eyes. To be blunt, if your looking here you must have a reason? ? And if you see something say something! By the way what does CAC mean?

well , feel kind a under the weather. need to reboot these old bones. smile "____ happens"

Timeout @emeraldATV?

@Hemispherical said:
    Timeout @emeraldATV?

I need a ...never mind ... A...Who, what and wow. Lost that job..? PRINTING. and from
    the ....inside of the..?...WHOW!!!!!!!!!!!1

BLACK LISTED IM telling MIKE

It is strange. I cannot see emeralds posts. I wonder why this is? I have no one blocked.
    Did the mods block him for me or did he block me?

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    It is strange. I cannot see emeralds posts. I wonder why this is? I have no one blocked.
    Did the mods block him for me or did he block me?

Put in “timeout”.

Here I am just out getting breakfast.

just playing with my new bow beats a sling shot. .....what , ah come on , i'll be good

See what a good slumber does.
    David

Can anyone else see the posts by emerald at 805 pm? I cannot.
    I see there was one but cannot see it.

Well, I did some checking on it A_R, Was a post at 8:17 Sunday the 17th also at 10:20.
    Is that what u see any other I'm knot aware of it. come back

" Twas the night before Christmas , and all through the house, not a creature was stirring except the E - business mouse. David COPY <R

Roco ...Help... Look at this Mono gram I had inside a cap ( coin holder ) Check the dots then check the letters , What is that? Dots were not duped. and I used a standard sharpie with a fine point, on a coated stock of paper. 42 inch screen looks weird. check back

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS, ... Work...NOT ME SIR. ADD THIS TO THE DIRTY DOZEN.
    HEY GET OFF MY ARM

Crozer Chester Medical Center could be what is the study of.... intent UCLA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file