Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANA show in Pittsburgh

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm considering attending this show. Is there a list of dealers somewhere on the web? I couldn't find one. Is this usually a good show to attend?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked the ANA web site money.org and the table
    application is still posted. Mid winter/Spring ANA shows are
    attended by the large dealers and many regional dealers. It
    is about 200-300 tables if memory serves me.
    This is nothing like FUN. I've never attended a show in Pitt.
    I'm sure many here including dealers will attend and set up.

• I wish I could be there. I live in Pittsburgh and will be traveling for work the entire time. Oh well, next time around!

If common sense is so common, why is it so uncommon?
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019 11:35AM

Holy cow, they have a coin show in Pittsburgh? What are the dates? May drive down if the Pens are in town.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll drive down and check it out.

• Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I will walk over on my lunch hour. :)

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there still that little hole in the wall French place around the corner from the Convention Center?

David McCarthy - Kagin's - IG: X_COINNERD_X

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Pittsburgh is a great city. My wife is even willing to go there with me. Looking forward to viewing Kagin's auction material. David, there's nothing "shameless" about the plug :)

No good deed goes unpunished

carolinacollectorcoins.com
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

29 march Penguins play in Pittsburgh.

Should make a good evening!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

Don
    google the show website and there is a floor plan and dealer list and don't forget to stop at tables 327,329 and say hello :)

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • m4832m4832 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

I'll be going.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey David, this is what happens when I google -

"Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kagins.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pittsburgh is a good city... easy transportation and good food....I went there for the 2011 NRA Convention....Be sure to write show reports. Cheers, RickO

• StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan Check with Ben at the show Sunday, I'm pretty sure this is the show our Coin Club chartered a bus to go down there and back for the day. I think deposits are due soon if you're going.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I wish I could go. I may have to register at Kagin’s to bid in the auction

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

@StrikeOutXXX said:
    @ajaan Check with Ben at the show Sunday, I'm pretty sure this is the show our Coin Club chartered a bus to go down there and back for the day. I think deposits are due soon if you're going.

That's what I plan on doing.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of today there are 40 booths still available!

I see two factors here
    The cost to dealers keeps going up
    The market isn’t what it use to be!
    This puts show promoters between a rock and a hard spot just as the dealers are in!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Regulated said:
    The mid-winter is a smaller show, but it is still very well-attended. We (Kagin's) will be holding the auction, and I can vouch for the material in it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 300-coin consignment that was all put back in the mid-20th century. The coins were mostly in old paper envelopes and hadn't been screwed with by coin dealers over the years, and were only sent through grading once, so the sale is full of fresh, original, conservatively-graded collector material. Sorry about the shameless plug...

Where and when can we see the catalog images?

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerfan said:

@Regulated said:
    The mid-winter is a smaller show, but it is still very well-attended. We (Kagin's) will be holding the auction, and I can vouch for the material in it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 300-coin consignment that was all put back in the mid-20th century. The coins were mostly in old paper envelopes and hadn't been screwed with by coin dealers over the years, and were only sent through grading once, so the sale is full of fresh, original, conservatively-graded collector material. Sorry about the shameless plug...

The descriptions are being written as we speak and things will be posting to iCollector in the next few weeks. I'll try and find a few highlights to post here.

David McCarthy - Kagin's - IG: X_COINNERD_X

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake

@Regulated said:

@Walkerfan said:

@Regulated said:

The descriptions are being written as we speak and things will be posting to iCollector in the next few weeks. I'll try and find a few highlights to post here.

Thanks, David!

• KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That 71 half is tremendous!

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow

Ooh my - I'd play guess the grade, but I'd just grade them "yummy". Can't wait to see the catalog.

That 1871 kinda looks like a proof
    NICE coin!!!!!

• ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:
    Hey David, this is what happens when I google -

"Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kagins.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

This is the correct URL for Kagin's auctions:
    https://auctions.kagins.com/auctionlist.aspx

I'm going to be there with bells on. Pittsburgh is a great City and I always hit it up, when I'm on the east side of the country. Looking forward to the show, the auction and to meeting many board members such a @StrikeOutXXX , @PTVETTER and @Regulated .

edited February 19, 2019 11:47AM

OK, made some stickers/tags so maybe I can meet some folks from here. I've only met a handful of forum members over the 13 years I've been here, mostly locals up near Buffalo though.

Our little coin club and a larger coin club just north of us chartered a 56-passenger bus for the 4-hour ride down to Pittsburgh on Friday the 29th. Sadly, we need at least 40 passengers for it to go, and we're at 20 now, so hopefully more sign up. For $50 round trip, including admission, cheaper than gas for 8 hours of driving plus I can nap. We should get there right at opening (10) and think we're leaving when they close at 6.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like that bus ride idea.
    I would definitely sign up for something like that if I was up there in the Niagara Frontier.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• PAN is the Host Organization for the Pittsburgh ANA NMS. We have arranged some special features for this show. Wednesday evening March 27th we are having a kick off welcome banquet at the 5 star Lemont Restaurant. Big band orchestra entertainment. Special guest U.S. Mint Director David Ryder. We'll run a shuttle bus from the Westin. Cost is $75 per, $10 round trip shuttle. Go to www.PANcoins.org for reservations. We'll reserve tables of eight if you want to organize a group. Dennis Boggs as Abraham Lincoln will be there and all days during the show. We are bring the John Burns Memorial Numismatic Reference Library to the Club Midway. Dealers and collectors need to look something but didn't bring your book, no problem. For questions email us at PANcoins@gmail.com

• toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a flight attendant and if I can find a layover there, I’m going. Our layover hotel is just a few blocks from the show site..

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure to dine at Church Street Brew Works.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ebaytrader said:

When I click on the above link all the auction dates say "Auction Items Coming Soon". :(

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

@tommy44 said:

@ebaytrader said:

When I click on the above link all the auction dates say "Auction Items Coming Soon". :(

Kagin’s March 2019 National Money Show Auction(Session 1- U.S. Coins)
    https://auctions.kagins.com/Kagin-s-March-2019-National-Money-Show-Auction_as57207

Kagin’s March 2019 National Money Show Auction(Session 2- World Banknotes)
    https://auctions.kagins.com/Kagin-s-March-2019-National-Money-Show-Auction_as57209

Kagin’s March 2019 National Money Show Auction(Session 3- U.S. Currency)
    https://auctions.kagins.com/Kagin-s-March-2019-National-Money-Show-Auction_as57208

Kagin’s March 2019 National Money Show Auction(Session 4- Online Only)
    https://auctions.kagins.com/Kagin-s-March-2019-National-Money-Show-Auction_as57210

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file