ANA show in Pittsburgh

ajaanajaan Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭

I'm considering attending this show. Is there a list of dealers somewhere on the web? I couldn't find one. Is this usually a good show to attend?


DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


Don

Comments

  • TiborTibor Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭

    I just checked the ANA web site money.org and the table
    application is still posted. Mid winter/Spring ANA shows are
    attended by the large dealers and many regional dealers. It
    is about 200-300 tables if memory serves me.
    This is nothing like FUN. I've never attended a show in Pitt.
    I'm sure many here including dealers will attend and set up.

  • I wish I could be there. I live in Pittsburgh and will be traveling for work the entire time. Oh well, next time around!

    If common sense is so common, why is it so uncommon?
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019 10:35AM

    Holy cow, they have a coin show in Pittsburgh? What are the dates? May drive down if the Pens are in town.

  • Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

    I will walk over on my lunch hour. :)

    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is there still that little hole in the wall French place around the corner from the Convention Center?

    David McCarthy - Kagin's - IG: X_COINNERD_X

    What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Pittsburgh is a great city. My wife is even willing to go there with me. Looking forward to viewing Kagin's auction material. David, there's nothing "shameless" about the plug :)

    No good deed goes unpunished

    carolinacoinandcurrencybuyers.com
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

    29 march Penguins play in Pittsburgh.

    Should make a good evening!

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

    Don
    google the show website and there is a floor plan and dealer list and don't forget to stop at tables 327,329 and say hello :)

    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • I'll be going.

  • Hey David, this is what happens when I google -

    "Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kagins.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

  • rickoricko Posts: 63,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pittsburgh is a good city... easy transportation and good food....I went there for the 2011 NRA Convention....Be sure to write show reports. Cheers, RickO

  • StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭✭

    @ajaan Check with Ben at the show Sunday, I'm pretty sure this is the show our Coin Club chartered a bus to go down there and back for the day. I think deposits are due soon if you're going.

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    "You Suck Award" - February, 2015

    Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

    I wish I could go. I may have to register at Kagin’s to bid in the auction

  • ajaanajaan Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭

    @StrikeOutXXX said:
    @ajaan Check with Ben at the show Sunday, I'm pretty sure this is the show our Coin Club chartered a bus to go down there and back for the day. I think deposits are due soon if you're going.

    That's what I plan on doing.


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • goldengolden Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As of today there are 40 booths still available!

  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I see two factors here
    The cost to dealers keeps going up
    The market isn’t what it use to be!
    This puts show promoters between a rock and a hard spot just as the dealers are in!

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Regulated said:
    The mid-winter is a smaller show, but it is still very well-attended. We (Kagin's) will be holding the auction, and I can vouch for the material in it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 300-coin consignment that was all put back in the mid-20th century. The coins were mostly in old paper envelopes and hadn't been screwed with by coin dealers over the years, and were only sent through grading once, so the sale is full of fresh, original, conservatively-graded collector material. Sorry about the shameless plug...

    Where and when can we see the catalog images?

    Walking Liberty Sets

    "Looking back, of course, it was irresponsible, mad, forlorn and idiotic but, if you don't take chances, then you'll never have a winning hand and I have no regrets."--Bernard Cornwell.
  • RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Walkerfan said:

    @Regulated said:
    The mid-winter is a smaller show, but it is still very well-attended. We (Kagin's) will be holding the auction, and I can vouch for the material in it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 300-coin consignment that was all put back in the mid-20th century. The coins were mostly in old paper envelopes and hadn't been screwed with by coin dealers over the years, and were only sent through grading once, so the sale is full of fresh, original, conservatively-graded collector material. Sorry about the shameless plug...

    Where and when can we see the catalog images?

    The descriptions are being written as we speak and things will be posting to iCollector in the next few weeks. I'll try and find a few highlights to post here.

    David McCarthy - Kagin's - IG: X_COINNERD_X

    What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Regulated said:

    @Walkerfan said:

    @Regulated said:
    The mid-winter is a smaller show, but it is still very well-attended. We (Kagin's) will be holding the auction, and I can vouch for the material in it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 300-coin consignment that was all put back in the mid-20th century. The coins were mostly in old paper envelopes and hadn't been screwed with by coin dealers over the years, and were only sent through grading once, so the sale is full of fresh, original, conservatively-graded collector material. Sorry about the shameless plug...

    Where and when can we see the catalog images?

    The descriptions are being written as we speak and things will be posting to iCollector in the next few weeks. I'll try and find a few highlights to post here.

    Thanks, David!

    Walking Liberty Sets

    "Looking back, of course, it was irresponsible, mad, forlorn and idiotic but, if you don't take chances, then you'll never have a winning hand and I have no regrets."--Bernard Cornwell.
  • KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

    Wow! That 71 half is tremendous!

    LSCC #2623

  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice

  • Wow

  • StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭✭

    Ooh my - I'd play guess the grade, but I'd just grade them "yummy". Can't wait to see the catalog.

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    "You Suck Award" - February, 2015

    Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That 1871 kinda looks like a proof
    NICE coin!!!!!

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

    @DisneyFan said:
    Hey David, this is what happens when I google -

    "Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kagins.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

    This is the correct URL for Kagin's auctions:
    https://auctions.kagins.com/auctionlist.aspx

  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm going to be there with bells on. Pittsburgh is a great City and I always hit it up, when I'm on the east side of the country. Looking forward to the show, the auction and to meeting many board members such a @StrikeOutXXX , @PTVETTER and @Regulated .

    Walking Liberty Sets

    "Looking back, of course, it was irresponsible, mad, forlorn and idiotic but, if you don't take chances, then you'll never have a winning hand and I have no regrets."--Bernard Cornwell.
  • TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

    Have to decide if want to drive to this show from Cleveland.

    My 7 year old is excited about the possibility of going to a larger coin show, when I mentioned the idea to him yesterday. Seems like could be interesting things for him to see as well.

    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
Sign In or Register to comment.