Home Precious Metals

Ebay Bonus Bucks: Expired

derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 13, 2019 8:38AM in Precious Metals

Be sure to activate. bullion category not included, as always. But you can find bullion that seller listed in a non-bullion US coin category. I have even found some good deals on eligible bullion in the "collectible" category. Remember, it's the category the seller chooses, not the item title or description that determines bonus buck eligibility.

Another 1% rebate from Mr. Rebates. If you haven't signed up with Mr. Rebates you can do so from this link. I will get a referral credit and you will receive a $5 credit to your new account to get you started. To earn rebate points you always have to visit the store (ebay or many others) from within your Mr. Rebates account. This will direct you to the store site. You have to make your purchase from this window that opens to earn the rebates. I installed the Mr. Rebates app from the chrome store that give me a Mr. Rebates icon at the top of my browser for easy access. I believe your visit to the "store" from Mr. Rebates is valid for only one hour and good for one purchase. To make another purchase, or after an hour, log out of your Mr. Rebates account and log back in to revisit ebay or to visit one of the hundreds of other stores that pay out Mr. Rebates.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the heads up , i got 15 maria theresa thalers B)

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

I need a deal on some more Saints. but nothing so far. :(

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing the info !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Thanks

I need a deal on some more Saints. but nothing so far. :(

I agree, at this point I need a deal on anything. Few and far between at the moment.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

8% no minimum until 2/14.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

No deals anyway

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

2019 PCGS MS70 Gold Buffalo under spot with eBucks and a 1.5% CC.
    At current price of $1420.35 that comes out to $1299.04.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-1-oz-Gold-Buffalo-50-Coin-PCGS-MS70-FS-Flag-Label-SKU56101/143108733901?hash=item2151f1fbcd:g:-~4AAOSwAbFcUJ0a:rk:1:pf:0

• USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Got it and used it.

got it and didn't use it.

waiting for some more saints.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada.

I wanted it and didn't get it. A wacky seller I like usually is a touch high so if I get an offer I'll buy from him. The bucks take the top off his prices enough to get me to pull the trigger.

He has a lot I am watching I would have grabbed , hopefully it will be there when the next offer drops

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Left out of this one.... :(

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this one.

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a notice...I'm in .... Bought razor blades...

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Just got a notice...I'm in .... Bought razor blades...

The last offer I bought books, cd's, airtites, and a badly needed exercise bike. This one so far I have purchased a long been hunting "want that one" watch and 80 rolls of toilet paper. All proceeds go towards a silver bar or a generic gold. Still looking.... :)

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

Do deals exist anymore?

No deals, Pd in severe bubble territory, Au/Ag in a nice uptrend but no fun buying when prices are going up. Did get a deal on 100 pack no trespassing signs and a sack of dehydrated beans. Other than that no deals that I see.

@blitzdude said:
    No deals, Pd in severe bubble territory, Au/Ag in a nice uptrend but no fun buying when prices are going up. Did get a deal on 100 pack no trespassing signs and a sack of dehydrated beans. Other than that no deals that I see.

I will have to check out the sack of beans.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold at 1,340/ounce and going up. glad I was a active buyer the past 2 years, no deals with gold at that level

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

I haven’t gotten a bonus in years. That being said, I haven’t seen many pm deals lately. If anything, I’d use the bonus on things I need, like shoes. I go through about 4 pairs a year.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

If you like your silver eagles in a slab Bullion Exchanges has a lot of 5 2019 ms69 first strike for $119 and ms70 for $167.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked and looked....I just couldn't pull the trigger, at these ebay prices by the sellers willing to list in an eligible category, even with the 8%.

I wanted some 2019 SAEs, but they are (roll of 20) over $400...only get back $32 in ebucks (so, have to pay the $400 upfront). Even with 2% cashback, that's still a bit much.

Gold is more as well.....I wanted more gold to stack, but, can't do it at these prices and feel good about it. I do want gold to keep going up (may sell a little) but am ok if it goes down a bit (to buy).

However, even non-coin, non-bullion, items on my radar aren't that buyable right now with the ebucks promo :(

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

edited February 21, 2019 1:26AM

gold at or below spot is always a good deal, especially when it's 24K and MS70. got an extra 1% with Mr. Rebates and with the CC. Thanks, SONOMOSCA, for your link above.

So, derryb, question for you:

It seems like, from your post above, you count the ebucks immediately, as a discount on that current purchase, true?

So, when you use the ebucks, do you count whatever you buy at the FULL price (and not the price once the ebucks are deducted)?

Curious as I see people count it as immediate and then AGAIN count it as a discount on whatever they finally purchase with them.

I am one of those who counts it on the actual item that I use ebucks on. So, I'll pay a higher price NOW, if it makes sense later.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

edited February 21, 2019 7:26PM

@Bochiman said:
    So, derryb, question for you:

It seems like, from your post above, you count the ebucks immediately, as a discount on that current purchase, true?

Yes

So, when you use the ebucks, do you count whatever you buy at the FULL price (and not the price once the ebucks are deducted)?

Yes, I "took" the savings when I discounted what I bought to earn the bucks.

Curious as I see people count it as immediate and then AGAIN count it as a discount on whatever they finally purchase with them.

They are a discount either when you earn them OR when you spend them. Not both.

I am one of those who counts it on the actual item that I use ebucks on. So, I'll pay a higher price NOW, if it makes sense later.

I "claim" the discount when I earn. When I spend the bucks I'm spending "regular" money.

Thanks man. I was just curious and not trying to bust "your" b***s on it. I think you look at it right, but do get frustrated when some people confuse the issue and report "below melt" (or whatever) when purchasing and then "saved $xxx using ebucks to buy yyyy" later.

I've started to ignore them, as they aren't logical and they are harmful to listen to if one isn't careful, but I respect you too much and had to ask.

edited February 22, 2019 4:22AM

The way I look at it if I get a $10 rebate on an item at Target I got that item $10 cheaper. I saved on the item I bought not the item I later spend the rebate on. One could look at it the other way around. Bottom line, only one of the items was bought at a discount. It is nice however when when you can spend bonus bucks on something that earns more bonus bucks.

I do the ebay bucks accounting the same as derryb.

you do need to have something "right priced" in mind for the future already to spend the earnings on otherwise you are not saving anything.

@Bochiman said:
    Thanks man. I was just curious and not trying to bust "your" b***s on it. I think you look at it right, but do get frustrated when some people confuse the issue and report "below melt" (or whatever) when purchasing and then "saved $xxx using ebucks to buy yyyy" later.

I've started to ignore them, as they aren't logical and they are harmful to listen to if one isn't careful, but I respect you too much and had to ask.

Pardon the intrusion on your discussion with derryb. I DO agree with you, but there are occasions when getting below melt purchases and savings with ebucks on following purchases can happen. I suppose it's just how one decides to look at it, I myself prefer derryb's method.

Example:
    On Feb. 12th I purchased a graded PCGS MS70 8 gram gold Panda with a BIN of $342 less my CC 1.5% refund brought it to $1309.71 a troy ounce and spot at the time was $1311.60. Earned bucks can technically be a savings on next purchase. Since I prefer to deduct the earned bucks in my current purchase I paid $1203.34 a T.O.(Sounds a lot better to me). This doesn't happen often but nice when it does.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-100-Yuan-China-Gold-Panda-Coin-8-Gram-999-Gold-PCGS-MS70-First-Strike/202591147309?hash=item2f2b5f952d:g:VgcAAOSwZVpcXMmY:rk:4:pf:0

Ebay bucks are money off the current purchase as far as I am concerned. Especially since those earned bucks are used to solely purchase more metal when the certificate is issued. Personally I count them up front but at the end of the day doesn't really matter what end you count them on, so long as not both.

The bigger issue seems to be the big boys are not playing nice with eligible deals during the bonus periods like they have done in the past. Could be ebay not allowing them, not sure. All I do know is I have tens of thousands in free metal over the years thanks to bonus bucks. God bless ebay, god bless the big boys that handed me all that free metal, Apmex, MCM, BPM, Bullion Exchange, Liberty, TexasGSE etc. I love you all!!

How you credit the ebay bucks to a purchase really only matters if you are reporting the rebate as income for tax purposes. Who counts their rebates/discounts on any type of purchase as income? If I had to pay taxes on my wife's use of coupons and Groupons I would go broke.

Get 10% in-app or 6% onsite $25 minimum until 2/26.
    Can't recall the last time getting a ebuck deal on a Monday? Not complaining. lol

Sadly, as I have been looking, trying to find something to purchase, that 10% just offsets the taxes that I would now pay. So, I have to factor that in to see if the "deal" is really a "deal" even with the bucks.

I finally get the offer and the weirdo seller I follow decides to move his bullion to the bullion category. The nerve of that guy.

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 7:28AM

How to account for discounts/rebates/cash back on investment purchases.

Cash back on credit cards: Reduces the basis of the item purchased. So a $1400 purchase of gold with a 1.5% cash back cc would generate $21 in cash back and your basis would now be $1379

eBates/Mr. Rebates/iBotta: Treated the same as a cash back credit card

eBay Bucks: I disagree with reducing the basis in the item that generated the eBay Bucks. eBay Bucks are not a rebate or a discount on the item purchased. Rather they are a loyalty reward (think Starbucks Stars or Kroger rewards) that are redeemable at a future point in time if terms of the offer are met. Unlike cash, they also expire if not used by a given date. They are only valid on future purchases and would reduce your basis in those purchases.

In my mind, your cash position after purchasing a item determines your cost.

I actually did buy a weird item from my weirdo seller . I don't know what I was thinking but he listed some norfed stuff and I grabbed it

not exactly bullion but bullion adjacent with a twist

I'm so confused
    that must be real money

edited February 28, 2019 11:47AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    I'm so confused
    that must be real money

they are NORFED silver certificates don't see them very often

the $10 ones are from 2000 and are for 1 oz of silver , silver price is set at $10 an ounce , the $5 and $1 are from 2006 and represent a 1/4 and a 1/20th of an ounce basis is $20 an ounce . I don't know if they issued any after that . When did they haul that guy off to jail ?

Hmine was sarcastic commentary on the NORFED ruling

@MsMorrisine said:
    Hmine was sarcastic commentary on the NORFED ruling

I know , but it made me think I should say what they were for those who have missed that bit of stacking history :#

10% bucks - $50 minimum until 3/5.

Where have all the deals gone? Used to be everywhere even without bucks now even with 10% off not a deal in site.

• USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Me neither; I received double eBay bucks for the month.