Home U.S. Coin Forum

My favorite part of this site / forum

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

The majority are "critical thinkers " before posting. This is rarely found on other social sites I've seen.
So, post a coin we can be critical of.

Comments

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

The grammar and spelling are also orders of magnitude better than most forums.

Collector, occasional seller

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@BryceM said:
    It is of you complemuent great happynes. Their shure to be very grate of you too make such nice thing to say.

U haad afew spealing erorrs

But, it sounded Royale

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

But, there is so much critical thinking that we are not allowed to discuss ;)

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    Critique away

Very nice! 66?

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Duh. Ain't that a coin?

@jedm said:

Very nice! 66?

I was just adding the grade as you posted this. Not a 66 but that's what I thought it would grade. It's a 64

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    But, there is so much critical thinking that we are not allowed to discuss ;)

Dare you expostulate my good man?

The effects of global warming on the storage of coins :D

Ah... I would say very solid for the grade then!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS-64, agreed.

The toning is natural, but I would team it as more unusual than attractive.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I bought it as a "Tidy House" dollar....the nicest and most colorful one that I have. I think the toning is consistent with others that I've seen. I like the history of the marketing use of the coins at the time.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    The grammar and spelling are also orders of magnitude better than most forums.

They make fun of my spelling on the sports forum. :/

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still see spelling and grammar errors...though I will admit there are many less than on other forums. As for critical thinkers, it would appear we have a few, however, not as many as I would prefer. Of course, it is a hobby forum and social media, so I really should be happy as it is.... Nah... I always want improvement... >:):D Cheers, RickO

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too :)

@RogerB said:
    I admit to doing considerable editing of most comments. If I'm trying to provide a clear answer to a question, I'll usually prepare a draft off-line, then post only after making sure I've answered the question, and not said anything really stupid. :smiley:

Even then, I often edit spelling or phrasing once a post is made. Sometimes I add a photo or document to help with reader understanding - and maybe my own.

@jedm said:
    Critique this one please?

My main critique would be that it's not mine!
    Would be much nicer if that patch of contact marks wan't in the left obverse field, however.

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedm said:

Critique this one please?

uhm VG-11?

Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file