Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone watching Westminster? Post a "Dog" coin!

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 11, 2019 8:16PM in U.S. Coin Forum

or "non-coin" ;) I added one of these over the weekend(using a stock photo for now). I LOVE watching Dog Shows! Anyone else watching?

Comments

• BJandTundraBJandTundra Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭

I have a lot of coins that are "dogs". Hard to chose just one.

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the ancient Greek city of Maroneia, a horse with a small dog, possibly a Pomeranian and wine vines on the reverse:

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time I watched Westminster was when @MrEureka and I watched my mother's bull mastiff take Best of Breed around a dozen years ago.

David McCarthy - Kagin's - IG: X_COINNERD_X

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 11:05PM

I didn't watch it but was hoping the Komondor "Hungarian mop dog" to win :)
    Without constantly brushing, their hair would 'cord up' ........ they are so darling IMO

LOL

<3

..........and here borrowed from @Onastone since I don't have them anymore ;)

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    I didn't watch it but was hoping the Komondor "Hungarian mop dog" to win :)
    Without constant brushing their hair would 'cord up' ........ they are so darling IMO

Working Group is tomorrow night. For some reason I thought they were Herding, but I guess not. :heart:

They are good livestock guardian dogs :)

I love Komondors and Pulis.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love dogs. My Uncle used to show at Westminster... Gordon Setters .... I was amazed at the stories he told of how owners would artificially 'tweak' their dogs appearance to gain points....Cheers, RickO

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the past some people have called the animal on the reverse of this very scarce Hard Times Token on monkey, but it really is a dog, guarding the safe.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019 12:51PM

Laura Gardin Fraser did a few nice medals (these are from the ANS site numismatics.org)

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

SmEagle1795 - magnificent coin !

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The most popular of all dog tokens ...

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@HeatherBoyd said:
    Not a coin I know ;) but I just received this picture from Butter's daycare and thought it was too good to not share.
    She just turned 8 months old :)

She's looks excited for the impending holiday...

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJandTundra said:
    I have a lot of coins that are "dogs". Hard to chose just one.

Me too !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019 9:48PM

Another Wire Fox Terrier....so shocking(not)! I felt bad for the Schipperke. You would think an organization that has been around so long, is so stuck on themselves and marches to the mantra of "perfection" would know that the judge they appoint for Best would not have a connection to a group winner. Guess not! :| Oh well. Dogs Rule! Thanks for all the great replies and pictures! :)

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019 10:22AM

An Opal & Silver Dog from the Perth Mint:

Butter can come anytime for free sitting in my house <3

@HeatherBoyd said:
    Not a coin I know ;) but I just received this picture from Butter's daycare and thought it was too good to not share.
    She just turned 8 months old :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file