Delete

Comments

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:00AM

edited June 5, 2019 11:00AM

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robert67 said:
    Please show off any item you want. Looking forward to seeing the variety of this board.

I was fortunate to obtain this through the mail in 2008, only about 2 years before he passed:

Great item and great idea for a thread!

So, double bonus points!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 Incredible Lindbergh Jersey!

Kevin

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Greenwell contract, Arthur.

Andy

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

Nice BDay Gift From My Cardboard Family 11 almost Years Ago

edited June 5, 2019 10:59AM

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Great thread and items!

1920 and 1921 Who's Who in Baseball. In the earlier Who's Who it explains what a "Home Run" is!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Jeter Blue Glove Variant SLU.

edited June 5, 2019 10:59AM

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx Robert.

A clearer pic of the banner

Mike
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 — I remember there used to be a vintage baseball pinball style game on Main Street in Disney World. I don’t think it’s there anymore. I wonder where it ended up?

today? its gotta be my andy griffith car:

Too cool! I remember it being posted before.

One of my all-time favorite shows growing up.

Mike

@PaulMaul said:
    @Stone193 — I remember there used to be a vintage baseball pinball style game on Main Street in Disney World. I don’t think it’s there anymore. I wonder where it ended up?

Not at my house Dave.

Do you have a pic?

Mike
  • rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

I've posted this on the forum before, this would be my favorite until I get my Eagles and Phillies championship newspapers framed, since those things don't often circulate in the City of Brotherly Love.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

@Ironmanfan said:
    The lineup cards from the game where Cal Ripken Jr. surpassed Lou Gehrig in 1995

IMF

Is it me or is this thread producing some of the coolest ephemera you’ve ever seen!!

PS @Stone193 - Can I play?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

edited January 27, 2019 3:23PM

@han_soto said:
    mtv music award from don henley's song; boys of summer

"out on the road today, i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac"

mtv's a mere-mockery of itself today, but back in the day launched too many great bands...from hair, to grunge, to even rap.

edit: prolly should dust her off.

Two corrections:

1) I remember watching Video Killed the Radio Star. Was hooked for a good decade. Pre reality TV and even up to Real World 1, MTV rocked.

So, that’s a Moon MAN. I also acknowledge that in this day and age of gender identity, he/him, she/her, they/them and ‘nothing’ are all acceptable but well, there it is. Prompted by ‘dust her off’, which leads me directly to useless point number two:

2) when it comes to the dusting, don’t look back; you should never look back.

PS - SICK ITEM, @han_soto

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019 7:15PM

@70ToppsFanatic I often wonder what the Mets franchise would have been like had Gil lived. As excellent a manager as he was, he could well have managed into the 1990s. Fascinating to think of how things might have been different for the Metsies.

• JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 3:19PM

I couldn't tell you how many days I spend at Shea those years as a kid.
    Remember the sign man along third base ? I used to know his name but I have forgotten it now.
    Sitting in the Diamond Club pre-game and Kiners Corner after the games....

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

My next favorite area - I started with one copy of sheet music and it took me on a long journey from the HOF's director of research - Tim Wiles - thru hundreds of searches on eBay and the net for variations copies.

The last copy - #29 - I picked up was sheer luck and happy to get it - I contacted Tim to have him aware - he wrote with 2 others - a tome on Take Me Out to the Ball Game in 2008.

It’s believed that the “first edition/printing” of the song was with Sadie Jansel on the cover.

To the best of my knowledge - no one has as many variations - based on picture inset - as I.

When I started this journey, the HOF had only 11 variations and I pretty much added a bunch to the list over the years.

Richard & Grover
    Ida Burt Laurence
    Wheeler Earl
    John Marion – Grace Lillian
    Susie Fisher
    Nevins & Arnold
    J. Francis Dooley
    Henry Fink (mouth closed)
    Trixie Friganza (holding umbrella var.)
    Trixie Friganza (portrait var.)
    Sisters Meredith
    Reynolds & Tucker
    Sam Williams (standing)
    Nora Bayes
    Arna Deck
    Jack Kloville
    Sam Williams (sitting)
    Marion Wilder
    Harry Fox
    Netta Vesta
    Baby Florence Mascotte
    Billy Sousa
    Maude Gray
    Jack Norworth
    Sadie Jansell
    Lulu Beeson
    Henry Fink (showing teeth with smile)
    Richard Burton
    Osborn Searle

Now this just might be nuttier than my Babe Ruth PEP cereal ring collection.

Mike
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike, I have always loved this part of your collection!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Mike, I have always loved this part of your collection!

Thanx Abe

Mike
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite non-card item from my MJ collection is this 1985 Coca-Cola/Chevy Blazers 5.5" x 7.5" Promotional Decal.

• Favorite non card item for me: Game Used and signed Jordan Concords. Thank you for this thread, I will gladly take any excuse to post a pic of these lol!

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric, I love that Jordan decal, never seen it before.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019 12:49PM

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Eric, I love that Jordan decal, never seen it before.

Thanks,there's also a 6"x15" store shelf ad out there too but I don't own that one. Here's a small pic of it.

@CenteredMantles Those Jordan's are gorgeous!

@erikthredd said:
    My favorite non-card item from my MJ collection is this 1985 Coca-Cola/Chevy Blazers 5.5" x 7.5" Promotional Decal.

Nice!