Home Precious Metals

$1300

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold getting frisky today. Paper holders demanding delivery? I read some where years ago that there is some thing like 100oz. of paper Gold floating around for every Oz. of Gold that actually exists. Any one else chime in on this?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

try 293 oz of paper gold per one oz of the real deal

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

GO BABY GO!

edited January 25, 2019 10:22AM

I was wondering why Apmex pulled a CGM deal after a couple of hours yesterday. I guess just prescient. NOT

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Breaking through would be nice, but there's that resistance. A sign of "controls", and probably for the benefit of us all. ( except for stackers)

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister said:
    Gold getting frisky today. Paper holders demanding delivery? I read some where years ago that there is some thing like 100oz. of paper Gold floating around for every Oz. of Gold that actually exists. Any one else chime in on this?

Has zero relevance.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much more paper than physical. If you don't hold it you don't own it. Needs to push higher and have a solid close above $1300. $1305-1310 would be fabulous. Stack on.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@metalmeister said:

Has zero relevance.

Increases available synthetic gold supply by a factor of at least 100X. Since spot price is based on synthetic paper price it has complete relevance, unless of course you don't believe supply should be in the price discovery formula.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mapleman said:
    GO BABY GO!

I was just going to make a new topic with those exact words

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@metalmeister said:

Has zero relevance.

Increases available synthetic gold supply by a factor of at least 100X. Since spot price is based on synthetic paper price it has complete relevance, unless of course you don't believe supply should be in the price discovery formula.

Has zero relevance.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... a small peak.... we shall see.... been through the roller coaster too many times. Cheers, RickO

spike ^UP^ near the close

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don’t but Jim Cramer does. Just trust him. Like in 2008.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    edited January 25, 2019 6:12PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@metalmeister said:

Has zero relevance.

Has zero relevance.

Increase the supply of available paper contracts you decrease the price of paper contracts. Econ 101.

Decrease the price of contracts you decrease the spot price. Law of gravity.

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@metalmeister said:

Has zero relevance.

Has zero relevance.

Increase the supply of available paper contracts you decrease the price of paper contracts. Econ 101.

Not how the futures market works.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2019 8:03PM

If gold prices go up, i sell some
    If gold prices go down, buy some
    If gold prices stay the same, hold it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great...we're back to where we were in June of last year. B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@OPA said:

with a bit more weight.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

with a bit more weight.

More than a bit for some. Stack on!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

sold my added weight. I flip a lot.

I came close to selling. I'm looking to Monday with fingers crossed.

@MsMorrisine said:
    sold my added weight. I flip a lot.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought smoe paper GOLD (Barrick) last week. AND, it has a 2.38% yield. :)

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 said:

Can your paper gold be converted into real physical gold? If yes, how hard is it to do and how is it done? I've never bought so called paper gold and was just wondering if it's the real deal or just a scam.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@renman95 said:

Can your paper gold be converted into real physical gold? If yes, how hard is it to do and how is it done? I've never bought so called paper gold and was just wondering if it's the real deal or just a scam.

Shoulda been more clear, I bought stock in a company with the ticker, GOLD, aka Barrack Gold. There's no conversion into physical metal but it does pay a dividend which I find amusing because we've heard it here a million times that gold doesn't pay a dividend....I know that the comment is reserved for physical gold, but still, amusing.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay no mind to silver and copper. Will this level hold ? Is this the new floor ?

Invest wisely.... on/in paper.  

edited January 29, 2019 2:00PM

@PerryHall said:

@renman95 said:

Many kinds of paper gold. The ones you want to avoid are the ones where someone else sells you gold but they "store" it for you, either in an allocated or unallocated account. Storage is required for a precious metal IRA. Precious metal stocks, such as the gold miners, and ETFs, via a reputable on line stock broker, can be a good way to invest in metals without dealing with the time and expense of transferring ownership. There are no storage logistic concerns and with them liquidity is fast, cheap and easy.

Note that the futures market where limited players can participate is referred to as paper gold as well. I consider the futures market, because of its very high leverage (amount of paper "contracts" vs. more than 100X less amount of physical metal in storage to back it up) to be "synthetic" gold. Unfortunately the futures markets determine the spot price of precious metals, which we all know sets the base price (plus any premium) for physical metal. If spot price discovery were based on supply/demand of the much less available physical metal it would surely be higher.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, over 290 paper ounces for every actual ounce of Gold. I was way off. Thanks for clarifying.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

@metalmeister said:
    Wow, over 290 paper ounces for every actual ounce of Gold.

Thats like saying its cold in Chicago today.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or like it's sunny in So Cal.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

@mapleman said:
    " GO BABY GO!" W.J. Clinton to :)

"POW ZOOM RIGHT TO DA MOON!" Jackie Gleason to Alice

edited January 29, 2019 1:56PM

@cohodk said:

@metalmeister said:
    Wow, over 290 paper ounces for every actual ounce of Gold.

Thats like saying its cold in Chicago today.

no, it's like saying it's -284 degrees in Chicago today. Paper temperature vs. real temperature. lol