Home U.S. Coin Forum

Baltimore Area Coin Shops

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone... I did a quick search and the last thread I could find on this topic was over 10 year old, so I'll ask again. Can anyone recommend a good coin shop in or around the Baltimore Area? I'd love to go and check out the wares, but I also need some storage supplies... flips, etc... Thanks in advance.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm I guess no recommendations. It looks like I'll have to make the rounds and let you know what I've found.

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • ChopmarkedTradesChopmarkedTrades Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭

A personal favorite of mine is Harford Coin: https://www.harfordcoin.com/

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to Gaithersburg once, which has mixed reviews.

• GoBustGoBust Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave Kahn Rare coins you can find them online

• CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 4:17PM

GoldenEagle in Laurel. Good guys there. If seriously looking for better coins, talk to Rich or Bob.
    I hope you're not flying/driving in tonight... it's been snowing all day and still coming down.

Got Crust....y gold?

Thanks everyone... I live in the area, I just thought I'd query the group here for a recommendation. I've been to a couple of shops in the area years ago. Most didn't have what I was looking for... early US Type, copper... I've just taken to going to the Baltimore- Whitman Coin Expo a few times a year. In the meantime, I'd like to have a local shop to at least buy coin supplies, books, etc...

Thanks all...

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    Thanks everyone... I live in the area, I just thought I'd query the group here for a recommendation. I've been to a couple of shops in the area years ago. Most didn't have what I was looking for... early US Type, copper... I've just taken to going to the Baltimore- Whitman Coin Expo a few times a year. In the meantime, I'd like to have a local shop to at least buy coin supplies, books, etc...

Thanks all...

there is a show this coming weekend in Delaware. its the Wilmington coin club show. its 3 days Thursday- Saturday. its a decent sized show(not as big as Baltimore of course) but theirs a good number of dealers there and there is a supply dealer there that will have just about anything your looking for. its not to far from Baltimore. just a thought for you

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not been to Baltimore since my Navy days.... was a fun city then. Not sure about now...Cheers, RickO

I've not been to Charleston or Mayport since my Navy days (MIDN 3/c) ;-)

I guess Baltimore is like most mid-sized cities... there are places that are fine and places to avoid. If you venture too far north of the Convention Center/Inner Harbor area, then it gets kind of dicey.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 11:57AM

@lkenefic said:
    I've not been to Charleston or Mayport since my Navy days (MIDN 3/c) ;-)

I guess Baltimore is like most mid-sized cities... there are places that are fine and places to avoid. If you venture too far north of the Convention Center/Inner Harbor area, then it gets kind of dicey.

Don’t go too far east or west especially. Alex at Harford Coin is very knowledgeable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file