Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Day2 FUN

Perfect weather for the long walk from hotel to show. Arrived early so I attended the intro to collecting Seated Liberty coinage seminar. Missed opening of show, so no idea how many hit the for at 10:00 AM.
My current scope of collecting is
1878 Philadelphia Morgan Dollar Vams, so I went to a couple of dealer tables known for vams and spent my allowance on these four..

None of these are even remotely close to top pops, etc.
But I still like playing in the registry pool even if just a minnow.
Late afternoon I attended John Roberts top twelve vams for 2019 seminar then “Annual Vam Thing”.
Looks like Saturday will include more seminars unless I break out the credit card.
Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you had great day, Tim - thanks for sharing.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet. Glad you found some keepers!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report and pics they are nice Morgans.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere Messydesk is smiling........

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you're doing it. It's nice to choose a focus and engage. Have fun. Report back to us some more. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice newps!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you had a good time at FUN - I'm jealous!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking Morgans... I have no idea at all about VAMs....Sometimes makes me wonder if I have any among the Morgans I have.... just never even considered looking. That being said, you seem totally immersed in the field... So congratulations on your acquisitions... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file